PDA

View Full Version : Good zinger you can use as a comeback

DumpJerry
03-15-2006, 05:33 PM
"There's no time like the past."

I said this to a Yankees fan when I was in Idaho last week. He overheard me telling a buddy that the "Sox" got Cintron and assumed it was the Red Sox I was talking about. He said to me (after identifying himself as a Yankee fan) "who won more World Series?" I gave him my version of "there's no time like the present" which he enjoyed and asked if he could use it. I said he could and told him that a lifetime of getting crap from Cub fans has sharpened my retorts. He then realized I was a Real Sox fan and apologized and gave us the props due to the World Series champions.

He was a good guy.

MarySwiss
03-15-2006, 06:07 PM
"There's no time like the past."

I said this to a Yankees fan when I was in Idaho last week. He overheard me telling a buddy that the "Sox" got Cintron and assumed it was the Red Sox I was talking about. He said to me (after identifying himself as a Yankee fan) "who won more World Series?" I gave him my version of "there's no time like the present" which he enjoyed and asked if he could use it. I said he could and told him that a lifetime of getting crap from Cub fans has sharpened my retorts. He then realized I was a Real Sox fan and apologized and gave us the props due to the World Series champions.

He was a good guy.

Dump, you are rapidly becoming the king of the bons mot!

soxfan13
03-16-2006, 11:44 AM
I got a great zinger for anyone with cub fan friends first heard and saw the joke from a red sox fan and was about the yankees, but you can make it a cubs joke also. First you take the plastic wrapper off an open pack of cigarettes. Then flip it over on the bar so its standing on its open end closed end on top. Ask your cub fan friend what that plastic is. When they ask what, tell him or her that its the cubs trophy case from 2005 :D: :supernana:

SOecks
03-16-2006, 12:23 PM
I got a great zinger for anyone with cub fan friends first heard and saw the joke from a red sox fan and was about the yankees, but you can make it a cubs joke also. First you take the plastic wrapper off an open pack of cigarettes. Then flip it over on the bar so its standing on its open end closed end on top. Ask your cub fan friend what that plastic is. When they ask what, tell him or her that its the cubs trophy case from 2005 :D: :supernana:

I don't get it. Am I dense, stupid or does it just not make sense? :(:

Iwritecode
03-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't get it. Am I dense, stupid or does it just not make sense? :(:

Here's a visual:

http://www.storefixtures2000.com/images/Deluxe_Trophy_Case.jpg

Just check out all those 2005 awards!

soxfan13
03-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Here's a visual:

http://www.storefixtures2000.com/images/Deluxe_Trophy_Case.jpg

Just check out all those 2005 awards!

Exactly it is a visual joke the plastic wrapper looks like an empty trophy case thank you for the visual:D: I tried to explain it in words on what you do with the wrapper as best as i could

SOecks
03-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Exactly it is a visual joke the plastic wrapper looks like an empty trophy case thank you for the visual:D: I tried to explain it in words on what you do with the wrapper as best as i could

Ah, I get it. I kept picturing an upside down pack of cigarettes and couldn't picture what it meant. Didn't realize it should just be the wrapper. I'm a dumbass. Good one though.

cws05champ
03-16-2006, 02:30 PM
The one that I like most for Cubs fans is, if they start talking any smack: Rip up a piece of gum wrapper or very small piece of paper/napkin in to a few pieces, toss it in the air and say " here is your attendance championship parade".:D:

SOecks
03-16-2006, 03:16 PM
The one that I like most for Cubs fans is, if they start talking any smack: Rip up a piece of gum wrapper or very small piece of paper/napkin in to a few pieces, toss it in the air and say " here is your attendance championship parade".:D:

SOLID!

Railsplitter
03-17-2006, 11:31 AM

Actually, any empty tranparent container would do!:wink:

Hoffdaddydmb
03-18-2006, 04:55 PM

:rolling: I definately have to use that one!

RadioheadRocks
03-18-2006, 08:50 PM

This is probably showing my age, but "My Zinger's been zapped!!!!!" :D:

Actually it really wasn't MY Zinger... I just felt the urge to say that after seeing the title of this thread.

"Zap my Zinger and I'll put your lights out!!! " :D: :D: :D: