PDA

View Full Version : Contreras Scratched

sox1970
03-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Tightness in forearm.

SOecks
03-15-2006, 12:29 PM
I just heard on ESPN 1000 that Contreras was scratched from his start today with an arm problem. Has anyone else heard this or have more details?

Dan Mega
03-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Other than the duplicate topic on this issue I haven't heard anything else. Hopefully its just "one of those things".

White Sox Randy
03-15-2006, 12:44 PM
I heard that last night he went shopping at the mall and unbeknownst to him, Mark Prior was at the same mall.

Contreras was going down the escalator while Prior was going up. With their backs to each other, Prior's jacket scraped against Contreras' t-shirt and now.......he has contracted priorcublosingitis.

batmanZoSo
03-15-2006, 12:49 PM
I heard that last night he went shopping at the mall and unbeknownst to him, Mark Prior was at the same mall.

Contreras was going down the escalator while Prior was going up. With their backs to each other, Prior's jacket scraped against Contreras' t-shirt and now.......he has contracted priorcublosingitis.

Sure that wasn't supposed to be in...teal?

Hawkeroo1980
03-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Tightness in forearm.

here we go....get ready for twenty five replies telling you to not worry and how its crazy to care about anything during ST.

you will also get dozens of pictures of dark clouds and "this thread sucks"

honestly, i just dont feel comfortable with this team right now....really gettin to me

Hangar18
03-15-2006, 12:53 PM
here we go....get ready for twenty five replies telling you to not worry and how its crazy to care about anything during ST.

honestly, i just dont feel comfortable with this team right now....really gettin to me

Yup. Get ready for the Dark Clouds to make an appearance, to be rebutted by the Fluffy Clouds

KRS1
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM

Then don't watch them!!!!:angry:

Baby Fisk
03-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Sit back, relax and strap it down, man. :cool:

gobears1987
03-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Please it's nothing. I'm not worried about this. Although, I do admit I was freaking out over "Mark's broken foot" last year.

munchman33
03-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Do your worst dark clouds.

Honestly. I don't care if we go 0-162 this year. I wouldn't like it, but I already have everything I'll ever need from last year. :D:

Hangar18
03-15-2006, 01:15 PM

heh heheh heh

BainesHOF
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
It's now being reported that Contreras is saying the problem is with a muscle by the elbow, though the club is saying it's not a big deal. I hope not.

IronFisk
03-15-2006, 01:22 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/hurrithread.jpg

infohawk
03-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Phone rings in Jim Hendry's office...

JH - "Hello."

KW - "Jim, it's Kenny. I've got a problem. We had to pull Contreras from his start today because we discovered a torn labrum and multiple fractures in his pitching arm."

JH - "Man, that's tough Kenny."

KW - "I'm freakin' out over here Jim. What should I do?"

JH - "Kenny, listen to me and listen carefully. Hold a press concerence and let the media know that Contreras has a hangnail and that you are pulling him just as a precaution. Tell them that you expect him to be ready by April 2. In the meantime, let them know that he will be throwing some simulated games."

KW - "But he won't be ready by April 2!"

JH - "Kenny, I thought you wanted my help. Of course he won't be ready, but at least now there's always the chance for a miracle healing. Why get everyone all worked up if his arm could suddenly heal up overnight?"

KW - "Wow. I've never thought about it like that. Thanks Jim, you're a genius."

JH - "Tell me something I don't already know. And oh, by the way, don't let Steve Stone anywhere near your camp!"

CaptainBallz
03-15-2006, 01:36 PM

Some worries are best left internalized while you publicly express a concern and discuss possibilities. You tend to sound like your on the ledge constantly. Breathe a bit.

Sit back and pray for a cure for "forearm tightness".

Mickster
03-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Phone rings in Jim Hendry's office...

JH - "Hello."

KW - "Jim, it's Kenny. I've got a problem. We had to pull Contreras from his start today because we discovered a torn labrum and multiple fractures in his pitching arm."

JH - "Man, that's tough Kenny."

KW - "I'm freakin' out over here Jim. What should I do?"

JH - "Kenny, listen to me and listen carefully. Hold a press concerence and let the media know that Contreras has a hangnail and that you are pulling him just as a precaution. Tell them that you expect him to be ready by April 2. In the meantime, let them know that he will be throwing some simulated games."

KW - "But he won't be ready by April 2!"

JH - "Kenny, I thought you wanted my help. Of course he won't be ready, but at least now there's always the chance for a miracle healing. Why get everyone all worked up if his arm could suddenly heal up overnight? Oh, and I'll send over some of Dusty's holy water - might help some."

KW - "Wow. I've never thought about it like that. Thanks Jim, you're a genius."

JH - "Tell me something I don't already know. And oh, by the way, don't let Steve Stone anywhere near your camp!"

Nice. I added a small bit for ya. :wink:

Frater Perdurabo
03-15-2006, 02:05 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/hurrithread.jpg

Great image!

Frater Perdurabo
03-15-2006, 02:06 PM

Just don't strap it on.
:redface:

soxfanatlanta
03-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Just don't strap it on.

What, a margaritta?

Oh wait...I get it now. You had to go there didn't you? :tongue:

Best case scenario: he works it out, starts the season in April.
Worst case scenario: he dies from gangrene and Brian McCarthy starts the season in April.

Ok, perhaps he won't die on us, but we got a young kid who is ready to take the mound if Contreras cannot.

Save Jose!

DSpivack
03-15-2006, 02:33 PM
What, a margaritta?
Worst case scenario: he dies from gangrene and Brian McCarthy starts the season in April.

:?:

KRS1
03-15-2006, 02:35 PM

Save Jose!

Yes, I too would like to hear more of this Brian character.

soxfanatlanta
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Sweet Jesus! What a moron, I am!!
Um...Me sorry Brandon :redface::redface::redface::redface:

Jjav829
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4072&d=1142452131
"You gotta love depth."

KRS1
03-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Well DJ said he's gonna be just fine, and their gonna work it out. I honestly think it's just what they said it was, a tight forearm. Call it tendonitis if you want, but the fact is he just needs some extra rest while he's working his way back up from 4 months of rest.

spiffie
03-15-2006, 03:06 PM
If they would just let people type B+Mac this wouldn't happen.

BeviBall!
03-15-2006, 03:48 PM

We won the WS last year. 2006 hasn't even started... relax.

INSox56
03-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Boy this spring blows major A$$. Contreras is reported to have tricep tendonitis, they diagnosed podsednik with shoulder tendonitis. Hermanson has the back of an 80 year old. Jenks walked about 20 guys today...hmm.

RichFitztightly
03-15-2006, 05:32 PM
This isn't too bad. I've gotten the same pain when I've thrown a lot at the beginning of the year. Now I have no inside info so take this with a grain of salt. Assuming it's like what got a bunch of times, it's just caused from going overboard with the splitters/rising fastballs. And overworking the forearm muscles by snapping the wrist downward, kinda like shooting a jump shot. If it's like what I had, a few days rest and stretching will help it out and when he builds stamina towards the beginning of the season he'll be fine.

Like I said, this is pure speculation.

Lip Man 1
03-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Here's the link to Reifert blog. Updates all injuries. Contreras and now Hermanson appear to be OK (Jose) and much better (Dustin).

I do wonder about Posednik though since the MRI's are 'inconclusive' (which is another way of saying nobody really knows what the hell is the problem...)

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

Ironically Johnny Damon is now suffering from the same thing. Doctors comments (perhaps they apply as well to Posednik) are here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldclassic2006/news/story?id=2369778

Lip

MyLifePeakedAt21
03-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Per George Ofman - WSCR (via Herm Schneider audio), Contreras injury unserious, minor irritation, will throw on Friday, possibly even start. The news on Podsednik is positive as well, minor bout of tendinitis/inflammation, MRI came out clean, no tears of any sort.

KRS1
03-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Boy this spring blows major A$$. Contreras is reported to have tricep tendonitis, they diagnosed podsednik with shoulder tendonitis. Hermanson has the back of an 80 year old. Jenks walked about 20 guys today...hmm.

1. Jose has a tight FOREARM,that Herm is calling tendonitis so I dont know where you found tricept from.

2. A tight forearm isnt uncommon when you are building back up strength after a good layoff. It just needs to get stretched out, and hopefully it will heal itself.

3. Jenks had his first rough outing all spring today, and when you arent throwing nearly 100% effort yet, you sometimes tend to lose a little bit of the timing and accuracy. He'll be just fine once he starts dialing it up above 95% effort. A great example of this is Cliff of 05', he started off getting rocked in ST because he was building up velocity and working on his stuff. Then three weeks later he's hitting the mid-90's(and his spots) again and fanning batters left and right.

4. If you don't like what youre seeing the dont watch it, this is what ST is for. You obviously have never seen either of the last two(if any) because this is what Ozzie does; lots of SS games, seeing new faces, letting things progress at a good steady pace so we can hit a high gear when the season starts without rushing our guys. It does suck losing, and seeing our pitchers get touched up, but noone in their right mind is bringing the same stuff they will come April 2 just yet. Give it a week, or two even, before you get all hot under the collar about a meaningless ST game where our players only purpose is to do things right, work themselves back into good shape, EDIT:stay healthy, and get the small things done so they can click on all cylinders in April.

Ease up big fella, and dont beat the language filter in the future, although I do believe [butt] is okay.

Beer Can Chicken
03-15-2006, 06:58 PM
"I'm concerned, but they said it was nothing serious," Contreras said through an interpreter.

Oh my god!!! Contreras is a dark cloud too! How dare he be "concerned"!?

KRS1
03-15-2006, 07:01 PM
"I'm concerned, but they said it was nothing serious," Contreras said through an interpreter.

Oh my god!!! Contreras is a dark cloud too! How dare he be "concerned"!?

Look everyone here is concerned, if they said otherwise they would be lying. The difference is some people act like the sky is falling, and others handle it as they should, with caution and a grain of salt.

maurice
03-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Per Scott Reifert:
After playing long toss and catch yesterday, Jose Contreras, who was scheduled to start today's game at Colorado, came up with soreness around his right elbow. He underwent X-rays, which were negative, and Schneider described the irritation as tricep tendinitis.

INSox56
03-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Thank you, Maurice...I wasn't just pulling that tendinitis out of nowhere THANKYAVERY MUCH. Anyway, I wouldn't be concerned about Jenks or many other pitchers getting TOUCHED UP, however....location was the problem. Location and getting touched up are quite different. You can't pitch a strike and walk some guys and include a WP in there, that's what is different. I'm not saying oh great we're screwed for the season yet. I'm just saying, missing location THAT BAD is never good. Logan is continuing to impress and I REALLY just hope the guy sustains and isn't a 4 game or something wonder.

KRS1
03-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Anyway, I wouldn't be concerned about Jenks or many other pitchers getting TOUCHED UP, however....location was the problem. Location and getting touched up are quite different. You can't pitch a strike and walk some guys and include a WP in there, that's what is different. I'm not saying oh great we're screwed for the season yet. I'm just saying, missing location THAT BAD is never good. Logan is continuing to impress and I REALLY just hope the guy sustains and isn't a 4 game or something wonder.

3. Jenks had his first rough outing all spring today, and when you arent throwing nearly 100% effort yet, you sometimes tend to lose a little bit of the timing and accuracy. He'll be just fine once he starts dialing it up above 95% effort. A great example of this is Cliff of 05', he started off getting rocked in ST because he was building up velocity and working on his stuff. Then three weeks later he's hitting the mid-90's(and his spots) again and fanning batters left and right.

SOXSINCE'70
03-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Just don't strap it on.

:DJ

"Sit back,relax and strap it on.Oh ****,wait a minute;
that's not what I meant to say":redface: :redface: :D: