PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets sold out

anewman35
03-15-2006, 11:18 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060315&content_id=1350535&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

CHICAGO -- The World Champion Chicago White Sox have announced that 2006 season tickets are sold out. Fans who wish to add their names to the waiting list for 2007 season tickets can call (312) 674-1000 or visit whitesox.com.

For the first time in franchise history, the season ticket base will be nearly 21,500 in 2006; also for the first time, the White Sox sold 2 million tickets prior to Spring Training, with nearly 2.2 million sold to date. The 2006 season marks the eighth time that the White Sox will top the 2 million mark in attendance (1983-84, 1990-93, 2005-06).

anewman35
03-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Replying to my own post: They still seem to be available on WhiteSox.com, but it's made clear that today is the last day they are.

alohafri
03-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Dang, looks like I will have to buy a membership at Augusta National with my lottery winnings.

ewokpelts
03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
talked to my rep...the ozzie plan will still be available...for now....since those seats are best available
Gene

BanditJimmy
03-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Not to get into the whole attendance thing but...
I highly doubt we will hit 3 million this year. This Dan Ryan fiasco is going to keep walk up crowds for weekday games away all year.
My prediction is 2.7 million.

ewokpelts
03-15-2006, 02:53 PM
I highly doubt we will hit 3 million this year. This Dan Ryan fiasco is going to keep walk up crowds for weekday games away all year.
there's more than one way to get to the park.....

maurice
03-15-2006, 05:07 PM
FWIW, there will be huge crowds coming from downtown and the N Side, mostly on the Red Line.

Beer Can Chicken
03-15-2006, 07:15 PM

I take the Red Line from downtown or home. Lots of people take it for an after-work getaway. I think the bigger issue with walk-ups will be the surge in season tickets sales. I,for one, used to walk up all the time but bought season tickets this year so wont be doing it quite as often.

IggyD
03-15-2006, 07:34 PM

Those of us that are familiar with the neighborhood will get there without any problems. It's leaving that will be the problem....all at once...massive crowds...ahhhhhhhh

jehosaphat
03-15-2006, 07:46 PM

Are they still going to have half-price Mondays and Kids day on Sundays? I hope so. I think the Sox need to continue to try to appeal to the mass of fans drawn to such promotions which includes bargain hunters, working class fans, and casual fans. Better to have 15,000 extra fans paying discounted prices than 5,000 paying the full price, I think. Maybe this isn't true for the current year's bottom line, but it should pay off in the future. Besides that, I'm still enough of a romantic that I like to think in some little way the team belongs to the whole community, not just to the wealthy.

ChiSoxGirl
03-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Are they still going to have half-price Mondays and Kids day on Sundays? I hope so. I think the Sox need to continue to try to appeal to the mass of fans drawn to such promotions which includes bargain hunters, working class fans, and casual fans.

There are still going to be Kids Days and Half Price Mondays, along with Win-A-Jersey Wednesdays. Check out the 2006 Promotional Schedule (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws). The first Half Price Monday is April 17, with the first Kids Day of the season on Sunday, April 23.

Realist
03-15-2006, 10:40 PM
It's gonna be a madhouse I tell 'ya. :smile:

Fake Chet Lemon
03-15-2006, 10:45 PM
If the Sox stay hot for a couple of more years, I could see them building a partial upper deck in Right Field to replace some of the seats lost when they put the roof on the upper deck. As long as you could still walk and stand underneath it on the outfield concourse, that would be fine with me.

chisox77
03-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I know that the Dan Ryan construction will be a major pain in the a**,
but somehow, enough people will come to push Sox attendance over the 3 million mark. Leaving the park will be difficult, though, as I have in my mind tried to think of ways to needle through Bridgeport by going west, instead of getting on the Ryan. What I may end up doing is waiting for the initial rush of cars to leave, then try my luck.

sullythered
03-16-2006, 12:04 AM
I honestly don't care either way, but it's gonna be tough to keep it below three mil with 2.2 already sold before the season.

BanditJimmy
03-16-2006, 08:52 AM
If the Sox stay hot for a couple of more years, I could see them building a partial upper deck in Right Field to replace some of the seats lost when they put the roof on the upper deck. As long as you could still walk and stand underneath it on the outfield concourse, that would be fine with me.

I highly doubt they will obstruct the Stadium Club view towards the CF scoreboard.

Parrothead
03-16-2006, 08:56 AM

OH NO ! NOT THIS CONVERSATION AGAIN ! :mg: :thud:

chisoxfanatic
03-16-2006, 09:52 AM
I know that the Dan Ryan construction will be a major pain in the a**,
but somehow, enough people will come to push Sox attendance over the 3 million mark. Leaving the park will be difficult, though, as I have in my mind tried to think of ways to needle through Bridgeport by going west, instead of getting on the Ryan. What I may end up doing is waiting for the initial rush of cars to leave, then try my luck.

Halsted's gonna be jammed, so you can always take Union north to 26th Street to bypass some of the congestion that's the inevitable on Halsted.

Hangar18
03-16-2006, 09:52 AM
3 Million

Tekijawa
03-16-2006, 10:03 AM
3 Million

Did the neighborhood get better or is it the fact that there will now be green seats? I knew once Jerry made the steepness of the upperdeck go away that fans would show up in droves, but I never expected this!!!

miker
03-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Did the neighborhood get better or is it the fact that there will now be green seats? I knew once Jerry made the steepness of the upperdeck go away that fans would show up in droves, but I never expected this!!!
You funny!

I'm thinking winning the World Series probably helped too!

spiffie
03-16-2006, 12:43 PM
I give all the credit to the vests.

Law11
03-16-2006, 02:28 PM
there's more than one way to get to the park.....

Very true.. hey the traffic situation wont be any worse than a bear game.
Just leave early..

TDog
03-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Very true.. hey the traffic situation wont be any worse than a bear game.
Just leave early..

By that, I'm guessing you mean leave for the park early, rather than leave the game early to beat the traffic on the way out.

I have no idea what traffic is like at a Bears game, but from Munster on my way into see the Sox one season a few years ago, I had to deal with the Bishop Ford (I don't know when they changed the name from Calumet) being torn up. I didn't have to deal with any exit ramps, but it slowed me down, but I added another half-hour to the drive. I also didn't have to deal with congestion around the ballpark.

In those days, I used to get a ticket at the ballpark, even if it meant sitting in the back row of the pre-remodeled upper deck, which I didn't find to be that bad. With all the publicity about advance sales and season ticket sales, I wouldn't be walking up season if I were in position to do so. I am guessing the walk up gate will be minimal all season.

The Sox and Cubs used to encourage walkups with at least 20,000 seats dedicated for day-of-game sale at each park. If I were in a position to go to games this season -- not being one to keep score on attendance -- I would be concerned that ticket "brokers" have bought up many of the seats that could be going to fans.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-16-2006, 08:15 PM
OH NO ! NOT THIS CONVERSATION AGAIN ! :mg: :thud:

Beat me to the post...but I say with a smile on my face...I LOOK FORWARD to traffic, congestion and delays in going home. We won the World Series, and everyone wants in. All Sox fans are welcome.