PDA

View Full Version : Heard on am670 Pods having 2nd MRI on shoulder

Hangar18
03-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Is this being done as a precaution?

twsoxfan5
03-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I heard yesterday on ESPN 1000 that the trainers are telling him that he is fine and that the soreness is just in his muscle. I believe that Pods is doing this on his own b/c he is concerned and wants to make sure it is ok. I think the report came from Levine, but I am not sure.

infohawk
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I read that they are just making sure the inflammation is in the muscle and not the joint. If it's in the muscle, there's no problem other than working the inflammation out. For what it's worth, they think this is the case. If it's the joint it's more serious. This is the first time they are looking at Pod's shoulder using a contrasting agent.

Frater Perdurabo
03-15-2006, 09:44 AM
I heard yesterday on ESPN 1000 that the trainers are telling him that he is fine and that the soreness is just in his muscle. I believe that Pods is doing this on his own b/c he is concerned and wants to make sure it is ok. I think the report came from Levine, but I am not sure.

I have no reason to distrust Herm Schneider's assessment. Pods doesn't need his shoulder to steal bases! If it hurts, wrap it up with tape and pads, send him to the plate and teach him to coax HBPs!
:tongue:

MsSoxVixen22
03-15-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't blame Pods if he wanted to get his shoulder checked out just to make sure it was nothing serious. Either way I hope he's OK and will be ready for the regular season!

Lip Man 1
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Story in the Tribune this morning. Second MRI and doc being flown out to examine him. Pods and the Sox don't seem overly concerned, being cautious at this point, but we'll see.

Lip

havelj
03-15-2006, 11:33 AM
WSCR just reported the MRI came back negative and is fine. Just a "strain."

Hey - as long as it's not his legs, I'm cool.

infohawk
03-15-2006, 12:28 PM
WSCR just reported the MRI came back negative and is fine. Just a "strain."
Are you talking about Mark Prior or Scott Podsednik?:tongue:

scottjanssens
03-15-2006, 03:20 PM
According to Scott Reifert's blog, Pods had a cortizone shot today. Both MRIs done were inconclusive.

Madvora
03-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm just glad I haven't heard anything about his legs. I want him to be able to run. I hope he'll be fine with this.

lizard6king6
03-15-2006, 04:43 PM
I have no reason to distrust Herm Schneider's assessment. Pods doesn't need his shoulder to steal bases! If it hurts, wrap it up with tape and pads, send him to the plate and teach him to coax HBPs!
:tongue:

Thats what Ive been saying all along, pull a HBP like Dorn did in the movie Major Leauge just to get on base then RUN!!! LOL:D:

DumpJerry
03-15-2006, 05:23 PM
I kept reminding people today that the White Sox are the team who at this time last year all but announced Buehrle's foot amputated and then he was running around the next day. The Cubs, on the other hand, will announce while their player is getting his leg amputated that the player "is experiencing some mild pain in his leg."

I'm not worried about Pods.