PDA

View Full Version : Mini Trophy April 5th giveaway picture

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-15-2006, 01:10 AM
I know a lot of people are excited about the giveaways, and I noticed the White Sox put up a picture of the trophy giveaway on their site today.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2006/03/14/c4nfX2pj.jpg

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060314&content_id=1349455&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Yes, I know Hangar's trophy is much much better...:smile:

Jaffar
03-15-2006, 08:56 AM
I wonder how small it is because it looks sweet. Much better then the paper weight mlb glued together and sold.

ChiSoxGirl
03-15-2006, 09:12 AM
I know a lot of people are excited about the giveaways, and I noticed the White Sox put up a picture of the trophy giveaway on their site today.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2006/03/14/c4nfX2pj.jpg

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060314&content_id=1349455&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Yes, I know Hangar's trophy is much much better...:smile:

There's something funky going on with the flags. I have a Buehrle bobblehead holding the trophy on my desk and all the flag's edges are pointing the same way, as is the case with Hangar's trophy. These flags just look funky.

http://www.mlb.com/fla/images/fan_forum/im_ws_trophy.jpg
See what I mean???

dakuda
03-15-2006, 09:20 AM
I don't like it. I was worried before that it would be nice and I would miss a decent promotion. No more worries.

WSox8404
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM
I think it looks okay. But I want to see what the damn rings are going to look like. Both the real ones and the ones we are going to get on the 4th. Why is this taking so long. Or do they just want it to be a surprise?

Hangar18
03-15-2006, 11:39 AM
I wonder how small it is because it looks sweet. Much better then the paper weight mlb glued together and sold.

actually, the paperweight one is much better. Somewhere midstream
they changed the design. And its smaller now also .....

gosox3072
03-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't like it. I was worried before that it would be nice and I would miss a decent promotion. No more worries.

How in any way can you not like a world series trophy that says "White Sox World Champions"?

dakuda
03-15-2006, 03:16 PM
How in any way can you not like a world series trophy that says "White Sox World Champions"?

Uh, because I think that particular rendition looks like garbage? I didn't expect much for a freebie, but I did kind of hope for more then that.

THEBIGHURT35
03-15-2006, 11:11 PM
I Will Be There On The 5th To Get My Trophy. I Am Going To Be There Like 3-4 Hours Before The Game Starts.

doublem23
03-15-2006, 11:47 PM

Yeah, I got the paperweight for Christmas and it is excellent. I don't dare use it as anything more than decoration, but it looks good.

Stroker Ace
03-16-2006, 01:22 AM
I think it's nice, considering that it's free.

BainesHOF
03-16-2006, 01:25 AM
I agree that it looks nice, especially for a freebie.

Chi-Town Soxcess
03-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Yeah...looks about the size of a thimble

I wanna see the Ring for Tuesday

Hangar18
03-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Yeah...looks about the size of a thimble

I wanna see the Ring for Tuesday

Why do I have a feeling we'll end up dropping the ball on this ring thing too ....
:smile:

Iwritecode
03-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I got the paperweight for Christmas and it is excellent. I don't dare use it as anything more than decoration, but it looks good.

I keep pens and pencils in mine. :redface:

tebman
03-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Why do I have a feeling we'll end up dropping the ball on this ring thing too ....
:smile:

http://www.toyring.com/images/sample19.jpg

lizard6king6
03-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I agree that it looks nice, especially for a freebie.

Exactly, it looks nice and lets not get too picky it nice that their even doing this and once again its FREE! Hopefully I'll be getting one.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah they should've just made it look similar at least. But I'm not complaining.

courtesyflush
03-16-2006, 01:20 PM
I can't imagine adult men (or woman) making an extra effort to get to the park early for that.

WSox8404
03-16-2006, 01:36 PM
I can't imagine adult men (or woman) making an extra effort to get to the park early for that.

See this is just ridiculous. We win the world series once every lifetime and then people are going to complain because the replica trophy doesn't look quite right. For God's sake people give me a break. Its free and its a collector's item. Be happy about it and go and get one. Regardless of what it looks like realize this could be the last time in any of our lifetimes we get a chance to grab a WHITE SOX REPLICA WORLD SERIES TROPHY!!!! Stop bitching and whining and enjoy our reign as world champs. Jeez.

courtesyflush
03-16-2006, 01:45 PM
See this is just ridiculous. We win the world series once every lifetime and then people are going to complain because the replica trophy doesn't look quite right. For God's sake people give me a break. Its free and its a collector's item. Be happy about it and go and get one. Regardless of what it looks like realize this could be the last time in any of our lifetimes we get a chance to grab a WHITE SOX REPLICA WORLD SERIES TROPHY!!!! Stop bitching and whining and enjoy our reign as world champs. Jeez.

I guess you can consider almost anything a "collector's item". I just can't imagine making any extra effort for that thing. I wouldn't even want to have to carry it around during the game.

Realist
03-16-2006, 01:51 PM

Great post! You should be rewarded for having such a great attitude. I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do for ya. I'm going to give you 2 FREE tickets to the Mini Replica Trophy game. It's Wednesday April 5th at 1:05pm. The seats aren't great, but the price is fair. They're in Section 155 Row 26 Seats 20 & 21.

There's one little catch. You have to meet me down at the park when the gates open and after you and a friend have entered the park and have been handed two of the Replica Trophies, you have to turn around hand one of 'em to me over the turnstyle.

I have to teach a class at 1:30pm that afternoon so I can't use the tickets, but I wanna lil' trophy. Whataya think?

chisoxmike
03-16-2006, 02:00 PM

I think people are just disapointed that they made NO ATTEMPT to make it look like the real thing. Would it have been that hard??? It's baffling really. I can only imagine what the rings will look like. (maybe a nice pepsi logo on the side :D: )

Law11
03-16-2006, 02:25 PM

The paperweight is my card marker for when I play Hold em..

hanger
03-16-2006, 04:05 PM
That picture of the trophy looks to me like they didn't twist the flags the right way. I'm sure it comes in pieces and you have to put it together. The person that set this one up for the photo shoot probably had no clue which way to turn the flags. I'm thinking it would look pretty good if assembled properly.

Brian26
03-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I have to teach a class at 1:30pm that afternoon so I can't use the tickets, but I wanna lil' trophy. Whataya think?

Who cares about the trophy...just make sure you get your 2006 magnet schedule! :D:

OfficerKarkovice
03-16-2006, 11:10 PM
The fact that most people here just need something to bitch about has never been more apparent than it is right here in this thread.

ewokpelts
03-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Great post! You should be rewarded for having such a great attitude. I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do for ya. I'm going to give you 2 FREE tickets to the Mini Replica Trophy game. It's Wednesday April 5th at 1:05pm. The seats aren't great, but the price is fair. They're in Section 155 Row 26 Seats 20 & 21.

There's one little catch. You have to meet me down at the park when the gates open and after you and a friend have entered the park and have been handed two of the Replica Trophies, you have to turn around hand one of 'em to me over the turnstyle.

I'll take you up on your offer. And I like the way it looks!
Gene

courtesyflush
03-17-2006, 01:39 AM
It looks like something I'd get at Petco, to let my dog chew on. Does it squeak?

Realist
03-17-2006, 06:43 AM
Who cares about the trophy...just make sure you get your 2006 magnet schedule! :D:

Oh hell yeah! Those are my favorites. I didn't get one last year. :mad:

Realist
03-17-2006, 06:45 AM
I'll take you up on your offer. And I like the way it looks!
Gene

You're on if 8404 doesn't take me up on my offer.