PDA

View Full Version : Spring Pitching Stats

voodoochile
03-15-2006, 01:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/springStats?team=chw&type=pitch&year=2006

Just wanted to point out that all of the starters save Freddy (one appearance, 3 IP) have an ERA under 4.0. McCarthy is at 4.05.

Cotts and Jenks seem fine. Hermanson is obviously having troubles, but Politte isn't doing horribly considering the sample size.

For all the dark clouds out there, this team is headed for an exact replica of last year and probably better given Vazquez's performance in the single game he has pitched in.

Don't be deceived by wins and losses, look at the numbers behind them. These guys are going to pitch a LOT more innings per outing than they currently are. Sox are doing the right thing, looking for a 6th bullpen guy and the results are less than spectacular in games that mean nothing.

GO SOX! REPEAT THE FEAT IN 2006!

SoxFan76
03-15-2006, 02:30 AM
By the numbers, Buehrle and Contreras have been pretty impressive. No walks between the 2 of 'em. That's what I like to see.

shes
03-15-2006, 08:07 AM

Just wanted to point out that all of the starters save Freddy (one appearance, 3 IP) have an ERA under 4.0. McCarthy is at 4.05.

Cotts and Jenks seem fine. Hermanson is obviously having troubles, but Politte isn't doing horribly considering the sample size.

For all the dark clouds out there, this team is headed for an exact replica of last year and probably better given Vazquez's performance in the single game he has pitched in.

Don't be deceived by wins and losses, look at the numbers behind them. These guys are going to pitch a LOT more innings per outing than they currently are. Sox are doing the right thing, looking for a 6th bullpen guy and the results are less than spectacular in games that mean nothing.

Thank you. It's only ST, and we aren't playing as poorly as the record might indicate. Plus we've got the Boone-meister coming out of the pen this year to face lefties instead of Damaso.

itsnotrequired
03-15-2006, 08:26 AM

http://www.norcalmovies.com/Pollyanna/pollyanna-poster3.jpg

Any way to make a picture teal?:wink:

Seriously though, nice post. Sometimes people fail to see the forest through the trees...

Baby Fisk
03-15-2006, 10:04 AM
I broke my self-imposed WBC ban last night to watch Freddy pitch for Venezuela. He looked like vintage Freddy: very sharp and very sweaty. Typical first inning shenanigans cost him a run, but he pitched solid through 4 innings before being relieved. He spent the rest of the game sitting in the dugout next to Carlos Zambrano, whose lone contribution to the game was getting caught on camera while picking his nose in the 9th. :rolleyes:

I feel good about our arms this spring, considering that the "Fifth Starter Fiasco" is just two years removed.

Frater Perdurabo
03-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I feel good about our arms this spring, considering that the "Fifth Starter Fiasco" is just two years removed.

Yes, and we're just a few months removed from Freddy's Game 4 masterpiece where he didn't have any shenanigains in any innings whatsoever.
:supernana:

(Maybe his first inning shenanigans in the WBC were caused by an ill-fitting uniform to which he was not accustomed? Remember that clearly was the explanation in the Turn-Back-The-Clock night Dodgers game later won by A.J.'s heroics...)
:redneck

Corlose 15
03-15-2006, 11:20 AM
By the numbers, Buehrle and Contreras have been pretty impressive. No walks between the 2 of 'em. That's what I like to see.

As long as Contreras doesn't walk anybody, he's absolutely dominant. He had one of the lowest BAA last year as a starter. Its a very good sign to see him having control and attacking hitters this spring.