PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Gooden Arrested (Again)

RKMeibalane
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2368719)

It's gotten to the point where you can count two things happening each day: the sun rises in the east, and Dwight Gooden finds himself in trouble with the law.

Clembasbal
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM

It's gotten to the point where you can count two things happening each day: the sun rises in the east, and Dwight Gooden finds himself in trouble with the law.
Was Strawberry nearby? (No teal needed)

ilsox7
03-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Hopefully they put him away for a long, long time and he can get some help for himself.

Soxfanspcu11
03-14-2006, 11:27 PM
That's strange that this story just came out because I was watching that "Sportslist" top 10 show with Summer Sanders and the list was about the 10 best "young" athletes or whatever and they had him on as #8 or something.

Guys were giving interviews and saying how they believed he could have been the best pitcher ever if he had just been able to stay away from drugs.

It would have been interesting to see what could/might have been if he could have stayed on track. It's a sad ending for an unbelievable talent.

Infallible
03-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Hurray for the Doc K! What is this, the 5th time now? You know it really is a shame as he was by far the best pitcher I have ever seen in real life throw a game. I'm almost ashamed to say this, but I used to go to ....*Cubs games* to watch the opposing team. I seen Doc twice (86 & 87) and each time I was completely blown away by his abilities.

soxinem1
03-15-2006, 08:07 AM
This guy pi**ed his career away, and more importantly, his life too.

He should be roomed in jail with other offenders who just don't get it:

Steve Howe, Darryl Strawberry, William Ligue, Ugeth Urbina, Wilie Mays Aikens, Julio Machado, etc.

These guys lived the deam of millions (except Ligue) and cared nothing about themselves or the sport. I have no sympathy.

palehozenychicty
03-15-2006, 10:01 AM

Words couldn't be truer. I heard it on 1010 AM (NYC newsradio) when i woke up, and shook my head. He coulda been the greatest. :(:

skottyj242
03-15-2006, 11:51 AM
That's strange that this story just came out because I was watching that "Sportslist" top 10 show with Summer Sanders and the list was about the 10 best "young" athletes or whatever and they had him on as #8 or something.

Guys were giving interviews and saying how they believed he could have been the best pitcher ever if he had just been able to stay away from drugs.

It would have been interesting to see what could/might have been if he could have stayed on track. It's a sad ending for an unbelievable talent.

I was watching the same exact thing, they quoted Sandy Koufax as saying: I would have given up my career for that kid's potential, or something along those lines.

mike squires
03-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Just finished reading, "The Bad Guys Won." It's crazy to think that 20 years later he is still having the same problems.