PDA

View Full Version : Whicn SOX minor-leaguer, if traded, would upset you most?

Hangar18
03-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Right now ..........hearing about Owens' ceiling, Id have to say I would hate to see Owens go right now.

salty99
03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I would hate to see Sweeny, Fields, or Owens go.

TomBradley72
03-14-2006, 03:21 PM
If it means locking up a high quality bullpen for 2006/2007...I don't know if we even have a prospect that would upset me terribly. Would prefer we hang on to Sweeney, Owens, Fields, Broadway, Liotta, etc....but I'll take a ring or two during this window of opportunity at the expense of our prospects.

DaleJRFan
03-14-2006, 03:23 PM
If it fills a hole on the team, for more than one season, I wouldn't be against trading any of them... well, except for maybe Sweeney. Yea, so Sweeney.

ChiSoxRowand
03-14-2006, 03:23 PM
If it means locking up a high quality bullpen for 2006/2007...I don't know if we even have a prospect that would upset me terribly. Would prefer we hang on to Sweeney, Owens, Fields, Broadway, Liotta, etc....but I'll take a ring or two during this window of opportunity at the expense of our prospects.

I'm with you, we have a good system right now, but there's really nobody I'm obsessed with. I guess if I had to pick somebody it would be Owens.

jdm2662
03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
I've never seen any minor leaguer play to make an opinion. I can't rely on fluff pieces telling me how good someone is... In fact, I think it should apply to anyone who's never seen these guys play. Miguel Olivo was susposed to be an all-star catcher, and he's bounced around since being traded. I can only hope Kenny and the boys can judge talent better than me...

MarySwiss
03-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Owens. And ever since I heard Michned's story about Chris Stewart giving a broken bat to Michned's little boy, I have a soft spot for him. (Awwww!)

But seriously, I kind of appreciate the "good guy" factor. Which is why Jim Thome is rapidly moving up on my favorite Sox player list. :smile:

roylestillman
03-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I was starting to see promise in Rogowski, although I don't know where I'd put him in the crowded infield.

Madvora
03-14-2006, 03:48 PM
The first person to say Borchard in teal isn't being very original, but it's coming.

I'd have to say Owens because I love fast outfielders.

34 Inch Stick
03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Not one.

KW has been like a paranormal psychic the last couple of years, selling hope to rubes in exchange for real value.

RockRaines
03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I was starting to see promise in Rogowski, although I don't know where I'd put him in the crowded infield.I would think that Rogo would be one of the first to go. And to disgree with most guys on here, I think I wouldnt mind if Owens was traded, he is a soft hitting corner OF'er who plays shaky defense, why would that upset me? Sweeney would be the only one to upset me a bit, mostly because of his swing and his ceiling. But IMO most of our minor leaguers can go at any time, and it wouldnt bother me much.

FedEx227
03-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Sweeney is my untouchable.

Rgilliam32
03-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Borchard

spiffie
03-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Jeremy Reed. His VORP + PECOTA + WTFBBQ means he's a guaranteed HOF'er.

Right now I'd probably say Broadway. But honestly, if you told me we could get a good solid #4 bullpen arm for him I'd do it in an instant.

ondafarm
03-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Sweeney.

Craig Grebeck
03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Sweeney, not a large fan of Owens.

Madvora
03-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Borchard
Ha! See post #9

Lip Man 1
03-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Based on the performance of the minor league pitchers and retreds this spring any and all of them.

Lip

sox1970
03-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Sweeney. Valido.

I'm not a big fan of Jerry Owens.

Tragg
03-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Trading ANY top prospect for some journeyman middle reliever will disappoint me.

beckett21
03-14-2006, 09:46 PM
I've never seen any minor leaguer play to make an opinion. I can't rely on fluff pieces telling me how good someone is... In fact, I think it should apply to anyone who's never seen these guys play. Miguel Olivo was susposed to be an all-star catcher, and he's bounced around since being traded. I can only hope Kenny and the boys can judge talent better than me...

I like this answer. All I'm going on is fluff as well.

I'll trust the people with an educated opinion. Not saying that no one here has an educated opinion, I know that there are many around here that follow the minors closely.

Sweeney and Owens sound like the real deal, but so did Olivo, Reed, Rauch, Ruffcorn, etc., etc., etc.

It's pretty simple. Many more prospects fail than succeed. This team is ready to contend and repeat NOW. I'll take my chances if that is what it takes to make this club win this season.

There will always be more prospects. I'm not saying trade all of them, but don't lose sight of the primary goal--win the World Series in the current year. When you have a window to do it, you seize it.

Brian26
03-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Trading ANY top prospect for some journeyman middle reliever will disappoint me.

Does Corwin Malone still count as a prospect?

SOecks
03-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Sweeney. Valido.

I'm not a big fan of Jerry Owens.

I've really liked watching Valido play this Spring Training. I'm not sure how highly he is rated but he hustles his ass off on defense and looks like he has some potential at the plate. Overall he's been really fun to watch so far and I'd like to see him succeed. Back on topic I'd say Owens right now.

lostletters
03-14-2006, 11:32 PM
I would hate to see Sweeny, Fields, or Owens go.

That sums it up pretty well.

Tragg
03-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Does Corwin Malone still count as a prospect?

I'll let the experts tell me. But Sweeney or the SS or Fields or any of those guys - for some middle reliever? No effing way.
We traded Howry at midseason for two A ball pitchers. That was at midseason.
It's ridiculous to give a real prospect for that level of ballplayer.