PDA

View Full Version : My Dad just saw Aaron!

robiwho
03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I just got a call from my dad, who flew down to Florida over the weekend to catch some ST games and went to the Phillies game today. He saw Aaron and gave him a Bears hat that he had brought along; Aaron signed my dad's parade jacket and the WS ball I asked him to bring along.

Dad told Aaron that he was really sad to see him leave Chicago and that he would always have loyal fans here. Aaron said he misses Chicago and that my Dad should say hi to everyone back in Chicago...so, a big HI to everone from Aaron!

Dad's heading down to Tuscon later this week. He works for an airline (and flies for free) and scheduled his vacation so he could make it to ST this year. I wish I were going with him!

SOecks
03-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Cool story. I love guys like Rowand who have their heads on straight and stay grounded. He really embraced this city and the fans and is still loyal after what could have been a media war if he was a jerk after the trade. Good for him, I wish him the best in Philly.

Baby Fisk
03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I hope Philly fans embrace him, he's a classy guy.

ChiSoxGirl
03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Aaron is awesome! He's always been so genuine and down-to-earth with the fans. What you see is what you get with him. :smile:

starboy0
03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
And notice how Aaron did no bashing or badmouthing whatsoever of the club after he was traded.

It's hard to watch the world series DVD and the Sox Pride DVD at times because he figures so prominently in it.

But as they say you can't step in the same river twice. The 2005 team is now a legend.

MsSoxVixen22
03-13-2006, 04:11 PM
And notice how Aaron did no bashing or badmouthing whatsoever of the club after he was traded.

It's hard to watch the world series DVD and the Sox Pride DVD at times because he figures so prominently in it.

But as they say you can't step in the same river twice. The 2005 team is now a legend.

I know....that's how I feel. I can hardly watch it cos I get all teary eyed. Aaron will be missed and Philly is lucky to have him. Not only is he a great guy all around but he's a hell of an outfielder. I know I hope to get tix when the Sox play Philly so I can give Aaron a standing O when he comes back!

DaleJRFan
03-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm a big Aaron Rowand fan and was sad when he was traded, but he is having an AWFUL spring.

2/23 with 8 Ks = .087/.250/.217

one of his two hits was a HR, though...

palehozenychicty
03-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I hope Philly fans embrace him, he's a classy guy.

If he hits, they'll love him. Philly's a hard-nosed town, and they appreciate hard-nosed players.

MarySwiss
03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
I still kind of hope he winds up back with the Sox someday. :smile:

Baby Fisk
03-13-2006, 04:41 PM
I still kind of hope he winds up back with the Sox someday. :smile:Same here.

TomBradley72
03-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Miller Park: May 16th
:cheers: to Aaron!

mccoydp
03-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Aaron sounds like a class act. Good luck on the Phillies!

Edward
03-14-2006, 02:51 AM
I still kind of hope he winds up back with the Sox someday. :smile:

I would love for him to come back at some point and play here, Aaron seems like the kinda guy i could go out with and party with, plus the class and professionalism he shows on the field are second to none. But, of course, this is a business, even though emotions might make you pissed off and sad at points, it has a great chance of being a great deal. (Lee for Scott who??!?!?!?!??!?)

Deebs14
03-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Great story! :thumbsup:

I don't think we've seen the last of him in a Sox Uni. :wink: