PDA

View Full Version : Change in batting order?

WhiteSox1983
03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Why am I reading everwhere I look that uribe will be batting second and iguchi batting sixth? I dont know if it makes sense or not, but what I do know is you shouldnt fix anything that isnt broken. Anyone got a answer?

SOecks
03-13-2006, 03:29 PM
It's been talked about quite a bit on this site over the last couple of months. Basically Ozzie wants Iguchi to be able to shine in the 6 spot so he's not giving up as many at bats to get Pods over. He was more of a power hitter in Japan so they want to try it. They also feel Uribe can learn better patience at the plate to do the job Iguchi did last year.

SoxFan76
03-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Iguchi is capable of putting up some MONSTER offensive numbers. He's kind of wasted in the 2 spot if you ask me. And if you look at the numbers, Uribe is just as capable of taking over the 2 spot. If it doesn't work, you put Iguchi back at the 2nd spot. It's called depth.

soxfanatlanta
03-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I've looked at Uribe's numbers this spring, and they look pretty decent:

OBP .375
Avg .318
Slg .500

Do we have anybody, who has watched his at bats? How is he really doing?

batmanZoSo
03-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Iguchi is capable of putting up some MONSTER offensive numbers. He's kind of wasted in the 2 spot if you ask me. And if you look at the numbers, Uribe is just as capable of taking over the 2 spot. If it doesn't work, you put Iguchi back at the 2nd spot. It's called depth.

Uribe did bat a lot of number 2 in 2004 IIRC, and he had a much more impressive year at the plate (.274 23 HR).

Dice
03-14-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't think the experiment is working out. Iguchi is batting a horrible .095.

I'm pretty sure Ozzie is going to leave him at the 2nd slot this year.

Soxfanspcu11
03-14-2006, 04:09 PM
I have a Flubs fan friend who is absolutely convinced that Uribe was on steroids in 2004 when he put up close to .300, and since 2005 began the "tougher" steroid testing, he fell off because he wasn't juicing anymore.

This same friend also believes that Rowand was juicing prior to 2005, and when that story broke during the playoffs that some playoff outfielder had tested positive for roids (who turned out to be Lawton) he got incredibly excited that it might be Rowand so he could find something, anything to diminish what the Sox were doing. He was literally DEVASTATED when he found out it wasn't Rowand. But this dude still is not convinced that Sosa was juicing, you have to consider the source. A good friend, but a legitimate moron.