PDA

View Full Version : My first game in Chicago

ohiosoxfan12
03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm going to my first white sox game in Chicago, (i live in ohio and only go when they play Indians or reds) and was wondering how often they given out autographs and what is the best way to get them? I get pretty good seats close to the sox's dug out, hopefully that helps.

SOecks
03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but welcome to WSI and get ready for a great time at Sox Park. Make sure to tailgate a bit, get to the game early, eat a ton of great food and cheer your tail off. The park is looking incredible now with the new green seats. Enjoy.

jake5824
03-13-2006, 03:17 PM
the lines by the dugout for a game are going to be too crazy, id say the best bet is to go on clorox kids day its supposed to be for kids 13 and under, but im 25 and get in the lines for autographs no one says stuff to me

IlliniSox4Life
03-13-2006, 03:33 PM
the lines by the dugout for a game are going to be too crazy, id say the best bet is to go on clorox kids day its supposed to be for kids 13 and under, but im 25 and get in the lines for autographs no one says stuff to me

And when you see that last kid who can't get an autograph before the players have to leave, smile at him. That will cheer him right up!

spiffie
03-13-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm going to my first white sox game in Chicago, (i live in ohio and only go when they play Indians or reds) and was wondering how often they given out autographs and what is the best way to get them? I get pretty good seats close to the sox's dug out, hopefully that helps.
Make sure you buy 100 level seats. If you have 500 level tickets you cannot come down to the 100 level under any circumstances.

jake5824
03-13-2006, 04:29 PM
And when you see that last kid who can't get an autograph before the players have to leave, smile at him. That will cheer him right up!

oh well, unlike the kid that im supposed to feel sorry for, I paid for my own ticket.
You act like little kids will even keep their autograph, probably less than 5% do.

likeawarlord
03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
oh well, unlike the kid that im supposed to feel sorry for, I paid for my own ticket.
You act like little kids will even keep their autograph, probably less than 5% do.

wow, man. you don't feel a twinge of guilt? that's classy.

jake5824
03-13-2006, 05:23 PM
wow, man. you don't feel a twinge of guilt? that's classy.

dont be so nieve you really think those kids are getting that stuff signed for themselves? I guarantee over half are going to their dad that brought them to the game

itsnotrequired
03-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I guarantee over half are going to their dad that brought them to the game

This statement is far weaker than any 4:1 media bias figure that Hangar came up with.

dlee120
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
dont be so nieve you really think those kids are getting that stuff signed for themselves? I guarantee over half are going to their dad that brought them to the game

im gonna go out on a limb here and assume you would keep the foul ball if you were so lucky to get one. cmon man, let the kids get their autographs. It doesnt matter if they keep them or not, its still a thrill for them to get an autograph from a pro ball player. If you really want an autograph, go to sox fest and wait in line, instead of getting them at a kids expense.

downstairs
03-13-2006, 06:44 PM
im gonna go out on a limb here and assume you would keep the foul ball if you were so lucky to get one. cmon man, let the kids get their autographs. It doesnt matter if they keep them or not, its still a thrill for them to get an autograph from a pro ball player. If you really want an autograph, go to sox fest and wait in line, instead of getting them at a kids expense.

I second that. I'm not going to judge anyone, but I just don't understand adults getting into autographs. They're basically worthless to collectors.

Anytime I meet someone who gets hounded for autographs, I never ask for one. Sometimes its nice just to say hello...

For kits, its hard enough with the autograph hounds to even get autographs- I am sure players do it less and less. But its a thrill for them.

Beer Can Chicken
03-13-2006, 07:12 PM
I second that. I'm not going to judge anyone, but I just don't understand adults getting into autographs. They're basically worthless to collectors.

Anytime I meet someone who gets hounded for autographs, I never ask for one. Sometimes its nice just to say hello...

For kits, its hard enough with the autograph hounds to even get autographs- I am sure players do it less and less. But its a thrill for them.
I'm with ya. I'm kind of creeped out by grown men asking for autographs. To each his own, I guess.

Back to the OP, get a Churros!

ComiskeyBrewer
03-14-2006, 06:03 AM
im gonna go out on a limb here and assume you would keep the foul ball if you were so lucky to get one. cmon man, let the kids get their autographs.

Personally, if i get a foul ball, i give it to a kid around me. The reason being, is that when i was a kid, a guy gave me a HR ball he caught(a ball which i still have). That made me a fan for life. Hopefully, if i give a kid a ball, that will be one more kid who is hooked on baseball.

ComiskeyBrewer
03-14-2006, 06:05 AM

If i see a shy kid trying to get an Auto(near my seats), i try to get the players attention, and point to the kid. Personally, i suggest everybody does that, if they can. It's just the right thing to do, you know? I donno, maybe i am just a big softy when it comes to little kids.

jake5824
03-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Obviously if I got a foul ball I would give it too a kid. And I only stood inline once at clorox kids day. I got my picture taken with Dustin Hermanson, Luis Vizcaino, and AJ pierzynski altogether in the same picture. I also got a picture taken with Shingo Takatsu and my Shingo shirt signed. It was great, I was just suggesting that too the person who originated this post since that dugout area is going to be a mob now before games clorox kids day may be his only chance

FedEx227
03-14-2006, 10:22 AM

Those seats are good if you want to get some autos, make sure you get there very much ahead of time maybe 2-3 hours to be there when the doors open, then get over to the seats inbetween the dugout and homeplate thats usually where they'll signed after BP, also nearest to the opposite side of the dugout. One of those two I don't really remember I've never really gone for Sox autos.

ohiosoxfan12
03-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Those seats are good if you want to get some autos, make sure you get there very much ahead of time maybe 2-3 hours to be there when the doors open, then get over to the seats inbetween the dugout and homeplate thats usually where they'll signed after BP, also nearest to the opposite side of the dugout. One of those two I don't really remember I've never really gone for Sox autos.

Thanks FedEx.....I finally got a reply that helps me

jake5824
03-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks FedEx.....I finally got a reply that helps me

whatever jerk I gave you some advise, people kept replying to my post saying its low and whatnot like im the only older person to go in the line for an autograph.

ilsox7
03-14-2006, 11:15 AM
whatever jerk I gave you some advise, people kept replying to my post saying its low and whatnot like im the only older person to go in the line for an autograph.

Real mature.

ComiskeyBrewer
03-14-2006, 11:34 AM

No need for a personal attack. Fedex actually answered his question(if you re-read it, you told him to go on kids day, chances are his tickets aren't on that day, seeing as he has to travel long distance to make it to a game and already has tickets) by telling him what time to go, and where to go.