PDA

View Full Version : World Series Commemorative Pepsi cans

Tom~Attitude
03-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Full page Walgreens ad in the SunTimes promoting a 6 pack of Pepsi with the Sox World Series Champions 2005 logo on the back of the can. Cool!

It would be even better if some beverage that I enjoyed also had a Sox tribute.

Hangar18
03-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Full page Walgreens ad in the SunTimes promoting a 6 pack of Pepsi with the Sox World Series Champions 2005 logo on the back of the can. Cool!

It would be even better if some beverage that I enjoyed also had a Sox tribute.

It would be cool if Pepsi would take on a campaign this year of .....
Our Year ....Our Soda. Wait ...........Old Styles been doing that for years havnt they?

thepaulbowski
03-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Has anybody picked up one of these cans yet?

Uncle_Patrick
03-15-2006, 12:55 PM
It would be cool if Pepsi would take on a campaign this year of .....
Our Year ....Our Soda. Wait ...........Old Styles been doing that for years havnt they?

Ah, who cares? Old Style - a crappy beer for a crappy team.

VenturaSoxFan23
03-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I got mine on accident. I picked up a case of Pepsi (2 cases for $7.78 at Ultra Foods with coupon) and the handle tore out and the damn thing hit the floor. I went to pick it up and put it in the cart, when I peeked through one of the other cases and it had some silver ad on them. There was a Sox logo, so I peeked into the busted case and saw they had nothing on them. So, I put those back and grabbed one of the Sox cases.

My wife asked why would I suddenly change cases. I told her there were White Sox cans in there. She was like 'oh ok'.

I got home, opened that thing up, and now have a Sox Pepsi can with my other memorabillia.

(Quick hint: If you save a can, either empty it out or put the unopened one someplace warm. I have an unopened 2003 Comiskey Park All-Star Game can in my garage where the top looks as if it's about to burst at any time. The top swelled up as far as it will stretch - looks hella wicked, but I won't dare bring it in the house.)

Iwritecode
03-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I got mine on accident. I picked up a case of Pepsi (2 cases for $7.78 at Ultra Foods with coupon) and the handle tore out and the damn thing hit the floor. I went to pick it up and put it in the cart, when I peeked through one of the other cases and it had some silver ad on them. There was a Sox logo, so I peeked into the busted case and saw they had nothing on them. So, I put those back and grabbed one of the Sox cases.

My wife asked why would I suddenly change cases. I told her there were White Sox cans in there. She was like 'oh ok'.

I got home, opened that thing up, and now have a Sox Pepsi can with my other memorabillia.

(Quick hint: If you save a can, either empty it out or put the unopened one someplace warm. I have an unopened 2003 Comiskey Park All-Star Game can in my garage where the top looks as if it's about to burst at any time. The top swelled up as far as it will stretch - looks hella wicked, but I won't dare bring it in the house.)

It's simple to drill a small hole in the bottom to empty it out...

VenturaSoxFan23
03-20-2006, 12:33 PM
All my other cans are empty. (Pacer NBA Finals cans, a Woodstock one from 1994, Old Style Bears cans, etc.)
I never let a Pepsi go to waste. :D: Except that one. Probably because that particular can was expired when I found it.

ewokpelts
03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Has anybody picked up one of these cans yet?saw an empty can lying around the cell today

ewokpelts
03-20-2006, 06:44 PM

It would be even better if some beverage that I enjoyed also had a Sox tribute.was this in today's issue?

JohnBasedowYoda
03-20-2006, 07:06 PM
This Pepsi can is the poor man's version of the locker room champaign bottles

voodoochile
03-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Sheesh, what's with the color scheme? Isn't it bad enough we have to share the city with those blue and red clad losers, but now their colors are all over our commerative cans. Did the Cubune by Pepsi or something?

Beer Can Chicken
03-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Pepsi and Miller Lite, the 2 scourges of US Cellular Field. Thank god we have good baseball to watch and good food to eat!

SoxFan76
03-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Pepsi and Miller Lite, the 2 scourges of US Cellular Field. Thank god we have good baseball to watch and good food to eat!

haha, that's funny. Pepsi is the only pop I won't drink and Miller Lite is the only beer I won't drink. That sucks...

WhiteSoxFan84
03-21-2006, 04:11 AM
haha, that's funny. Pepsi is the only pop I won't drink and Miller Lite is the only beer I won't drink. That sucks...

we r complete opposites, lol. miller lite is my fav beer and pepsi is my fav cola.

SoxFan76
03-21-2006, 04:41 AM
we r complete opposites, lol. miller lite is my fav beer and pepsi is my fav cola.

Oh man, this is a whole different thread.

Miller Lite tastes like skunk to me...even when I'm drunk. And Pepsi is just too sweet. It doesn't taste like cola. I'd take RC (and of course Coke) over Pepsi any day.

SOXSINCE'70
03-21-2006, 07:55 AM
And Pepsi is just too sweet. It doesn't taste like cola. I'd take RC (and of course Coke) over Pepsi any day.

Agreed.Hey,I know why the Sox didn't win it all in 2001,BTW.
They dropped their Coke sponsorship for Pepsi. :D: :D:

Tom~Attitude
03-21-2006, 02:09 PM
was this in today's issue?

No...it was 3/13/2006 Suppose the Pepsi is still in the stores, but not the SunTimes.

Now only if there was a commemorative bottle of Negra Modelo...!