PDA

View Full Version : Page 5 in todays Tribune Sports Section

Hangar18
03-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Perusing the rag today, I noticed a GIANT full page of the schedule, and a full color humonguous photo of Juan Pierre with the caption "ready to go".
The best part is underneath is the schedule with giant letters "TICKETS AVAILABLE". I thought hmmmmmmmmmmm, didnt they tell us recently (and today) that they sold most of their tickets already? Is the Trib perhaps lying and tickets ARE available?

Once you dial the number listed, it goes to their scalping service.
HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA

voodoochile
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Flubs Vs. Cardinals on April 10th? Ooooo... that's going to cost you...:tongue:

kittle42
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Actually, that's an awesome catch! Stupid Cubs and their stupid scalping.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-13-2006, 12:33 PM
In the Quick Hits section, it says, "Cubs have chance to lead at something"....

http://www.suntimes.com/output/quickhits/cst-spt-1hit13.html

What's worse is...when you go to the site they mention, on the baseball screen, it shows likenesses for...wait for it...the Red Sox, The Yankees, and the Cubs.

SOecks
03-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Hangar, I wasn't really feeling your post until the end. That is a hell of a catch there. One gold star on the board for you.

spiffie
03-13-2006, 01:27 PM
In the Quick Hits section, it says, "Cubs have chance to lead at something"....

http://www.suntimes.com/output/quickhits/cst-spt-1hit13.html

What's worse is...when you go to the site they mention, on the baseball screen, it shows likenesses for...wait for it...the Red Sox, The Yankees, and the Cubs.
Which makes sense since those are the three biggest ticket sellers out of the teams affiliated with tickets.com. A site which does not include the White Sox amongst their clientele, so if the implicit complaint is "Where's the Sox?!" then it's not really relevant to this situation.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Which makes sense since those are the three biggest ticket sellers out of the teams affiliated with tickets.com. A site which does not include the White Sox amongst their clientele, so if the implicit complaint is "Where's the Sox?!" then it's not really relevant to this situation.

Wait - when you boast opening night for the White Sox defending their WS title against the Indians, then list the Red Sox, Yankees and Cubs, I take issue with that. Forgive me if the popularity contest continues, but you can't have it both ways. Mention the Sox, show the Sox.

spiffie
03-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Wait - when you boast opening night for the White Sox defending their WS title against the Indians, then list the Red Sox, Yankees and Cubs, I take issue with that. Forgive me if the popularity contest continues, but you can't have it both ways. Mention the Sox, show the Sox.
Oops, I misread the Sun-times article...didn't catch the "now" part of the web address. That part is my bad.

So now we're complaining because a ticket scalper, the folks we claim to despise and would be banned if they advertised on this board, doesn't give the Sox enough respect? What's next, complaining the local bookmaker doesn't make the Sox big enough favorites?

But hey, if it makes you feel better, our opening day tickets are being scalped for more on that site than the Cubs opening day tickets!

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-13-2006, 02:22 PM
What's next, complaining the local bookmaker doesn't make the Sox big enough favorites?

Well, yes. :cool: