PDA

View Full Version : what MLB 2k6 thinks about the cubs....

esbrechtel
03-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Here is a great preview for MLB 2k6. Personally, I really like how they portray the cubs....
http://www.2ksports.com/media/movie.php?id=2178&gid=&platform=

pearso66
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
That was pretty funny.

Did anyone else notice what I noticed? The graphics for that game look aweful.

VA_GoGoSox
03-12-2006, 10:18 PM
It's funny because it's true.:D:

And that game looks terrible. If that is as good as they can make the preview look, I can't imagine how awful the actual game will look. It's really too bad EA can't make MVP this year.

thomas35forever
03-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I have to buy it. I'm very disappointed EA can't make anymore MLB games. It was my favorite EA Sports game and I've been playing it since I was 10. But I gotta buy some baseball game to scratch my itch. I'll try it for a year and see what happens.

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-12-2006, 10:36 PM
That was very interesting. The graphics make me make up my mind even more to stick with my manually updated MVP 2005 for 2006.

chisoxfanatic
03-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Where were the Sox in that thing???

I guess this means we get to listen to yet ANOTHER Hangar18 rant.

IspepAloc
03-12-2006, 11:53 PM
That was very interesting. The graphics make me make up my mind even more to stick with my manually updated MVP 2005 for 2006.

The graphics on MLB 2K6 look much better than the MLB 06: The show that's already out now.

soltrain21
03-13-2006, 12:45 AM
The graphics on MLB 2K6 look much better than the MLB 06: The show that's already out now.

Yeah, but MLB 06's gameplay is amazing.

Chuckster49
03-13-2006, 01:20 AM
It's funny because it's true.:D:

And that game looks terrible. If that is as good as they can make the preview look, I can't imagine how awful the actual game will look. It's really too bad EA can't make MVP this year.

www.mvpmods.com (http://www.mvpmods.com)

Thanks to some dedicated "moders", you can get virtually a new version of EA Sports MVP 06 designed by baseball nuts. They even have Sox and Astros WS uniforms. I'm using the computer for game play, I'm not sure if you can "update" the game system versions. They also make lots of improvements in game play and player ratings. For instance, Contreras has a fork ball rather than a splitter in the new version.

Since EA in not making the game anymore, I think it's great that the internet community got together and made a great game even better.

UofCSoxFan
03-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Pretty funny re: the cubs....especially since video game previews usually show sweet plays.

One thing that I noticed....not sure if it was on purpose but two Mets were on screen when the words "player collisions" flashed on screen bringing back memories of the Cameron collision of last year, easily one of the more horrific moments I've seen in baseball, right up there with the ex Tampa pitcher breaking his arm while throwing a slider.

skottyj242
03-13-2006, 10:49 AM
That game looks terrible.

buehrle4cy05
03-13-2006, 12:03 PM
right up there with the ex Tampa pitcher breaking his arm while throwing a slider.

Tony Saunders. Scariest thing I've seen in my life.:o:

munchman33
03-13-2006, 01:09 PM
One thing that I noticed....not sure if it was on purpose but two Mets were on screen when the words "player collisions" flashed on screen bringing back memories of the Cameron collision of last year, easily one of the more horrific moments I've seen in baseball,

Yeah, I kinda thought that was in bad taste.

RKMeibalane
03-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Where were the Sox in that thing???

I guess this means we get to listen to yet ANOTHER Hangar18 rant.

I had the same thought.

pearso66
03-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Tony Saunders. Scariest thing I've seen in my life.:o:
What's worse, is during his rehab, he had it happen again. I rememeber when they showed that, and you could actually hear the bone snap. It was nasty.

For those wondering, MLB 06 the Show is pretty good. I was indifferent about it when I first got it, but it's growing on me. The one thing it doesn't have on MVP though is so far I havn't noticed how you can control everything, including sliding into bases. Not to mention running hte bases is tough. But I still havn't gotten used to the controls yet. But they made Vazquez pretty dominating.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and after 5 games, Thome has 4 homers for me, Dye has 2, and Anderson has 2 and 7 RBI's while hitting .586.

PAPChiSox729
03-13-2006, 09:50 PM
That game looks terrible.

I'm not really into video games, but even I noticed that the preview made the game look kind of poor. For some reason, Pujols looks really bad when he is in his stance. Yuck!