PDA

View Full Version : Believe It! poster in today's Cubune

koch44
03-12-2006, 01:26 PM
I opened up the paper today and to my surprise in the plastic bag with the Sunday advertising and the comics section there was a poster of the Tribune's cover the day after we won the World Series. It'll look nice when it's framed.:cool:

Crede_Fan
03-12-2006, 01:49 PM
did anyone else get this? I did not!:(:

FedEx227
03-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Ya I didn't get that either :angry:

ssirish317
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
It's in there...my girlfriend and I both got one. Mine was under the K-Mart Ad.

thepaulbowski
03-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I got one.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-12-2006, 07:46 PM
None in mine. However the communications manager from the Tribune contacted me to say they were running three of these. There is supposed to be two more, one on March 19 and the next on March 26.

The press release says it is only available at Chicagoland retailers and "honor boxes." So I guess if you have home delivery of the Tribune you're S.O.L. How's that for treating your best customers?

The Cubune specializes in pissing off Sox Fans.
:tongue:

He gone
03-12-2006, 08:23 PM
The press release says it is only available at Chicagoland retailers and "honor boxes."

What about Indiana:?: We're Chicagoland, except when it comes to Bears Playoff tickets :D:

ChiSoxGirl
03-12-2006, 10:18 PM
I got one! :bandance: My dad picked up the paper at White Hen and was told these posters would be in the papers for the next two weeks, as well! I'm SO framing it!

chisoxfanatic
03-12-2006, 10:52 PM
I got one! :bandance: My dad picked up the paper at White Hen and was told these posters would be in the papers for the next two weeks, as well! I'm SO framing it!

Will they be in the papers each day, or just on Sundays? I might just go and buy an issue of the Cubune just for it!

beckett21
03-12-2006, 10:54 PM
The press release says it is only available at Chicagoland retailers and "honor boxes." So I guess if you have home delivery of the Tribune you're S.O.L. How's that for treating your best customers?

Absolutely ridiculous. :rolleyes:

nug0hs
03-12-2006, 10:59 PM
I framed my original copy of the entire front section from Oct 27. My mother works at a scrapbook store and helped me put some special newspaper preservation goo on it to prevent it from fading in the future. I suggest you find a similar store and buy a similar product if you wish to preserve this paper for a while (newspaper fades faster than you think!)

PaleHoseGeorge
03-13-2006, 08:04 AM
The press release says it is only available at Chicagoland retailers and "honor boxes." So I guess if you have home delivery of the Tribune you're S.O.L. How's that for treating your best customers?Absolutely ridiculous. :rolleyes:

This promotion reminds me of somebody else.
:wink:

:gallas
"Get a Sox poster, $1 off a fifth of Night Train, and 1/2-priced pack of Marlboros when you buy your TRIBUNE the day of the promotion at White Hen Pantry!*

*Walk up sales only! Offer not available to Trib subscribers. Be sure to send us our $200 in advance or we'll cut you off.

SOecks
03-13-2006, 09:28 AM
There have obviously been a lot of things the Trib has done to make me mad but this is the final straw. I'm calling to cancel my subscription because of this. Way to screw your customers.:angry:

batmanZoSo
03-13-2006, 10:01 AM
None in mine. However the communications manager from the Tribune contacted me to say they were running three of these. There is supposed to be two more, one on March 19 and the next on March 26.

That's crap how they deny their subscribers. Are you saying they're giving out the Believe It cover on those dates again? I'll have to remember to actually buy a Tribune on the 19th.

SOecks
03-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Okay, here's an update. I called the Tribune subscription line at 800-874-2863 and said I was cancelling my subscription. When the lady asked why I told her that I was angry that they would give these out to non-subscribers when it's subscribers like me that allow them to sell more expensive ads in the paper due to circulation numbers. I said that if they were going to send it to ANYBODY, it should be the subscribers first.

She said it was a very good point and she's forwarding my complaint to her manager. The manager is calling me back and they are sending me all 3 posters to make up for it. I'll update on if they follow through on this promise but I'm much less upset now.

hanger
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
She said it was a very good point and she's forwarding my complaint to her manager. The manager is calling me back and they are sending me all 3 posters to make up for it. I'll update on if they follow through on this promise but I'm much less upset now.

Thanks for the heads up. I did the same and received the same promise that they would send all 3 out to me in the mail. The CSR said to expect them within the week (I won't hold my breath though on that one). She told me that they were prepared to field these complaints and that they had been planning on sending them out "only" to people who called to complain.

tick53
03-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Stupid Indiana Edition!!:angry:

SouthSide_HitMen
03-13-2006, 12:03 PM

What are you subscribing to the Cubune in the first place? :dunno:

I'd chear for the Arse before I'd buy a Tribune. :o:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58956&highlight=boycott

soxgirl617
03-14-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm also a Sunday Trib subscriber. I just called to cancel in protest, and was temporarily pacified by the promise that the CSR will send me the poster from this past Sunday. Despite my request that they send me all three, she said that I will have to call each week to get each of the next two posters. So, mixed results for me. (I guess it's worth two more calls, but it seems silly.)

Thanks for the post on this, or I would never have known what I was missing!

ode to veeck
03-14-2006, 05:14 PM

I told 'em that 20 years ago when I treid to have it delivered when I moved around the country--they just so totally suck to their best customers, "What a bunch of Maroons!" as Bugs would say

Brian26
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the poster in question that they can post? I'm curious what it looks like.

ChiSoxGirl
03-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the poster in question that they can post? I'm curious what it looks like.

Ask and you shall receive. :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/Random%20Photos/BelieveIt.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/Random%20Photos/?)

Brian26
03-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Ask and you shall receive. :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/Random%20Photos/BelieveIt.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/v521/Spooky3170/Random%20Photos/?)

THAT's what everyone is making such a fuss about? :D:

You can buy a laminated version of that at the Tribune store for 8 bucks, without the giant crease down the middle.

However, I admit it makes no sense whatsoever from a customer service standpoint to not put those in subscriber's papers.

beckett21
03-14-2006, 10:53 PM
This promotion reminds me of somebody else.
:wink:

:gallas
"Get a Sox poster, $1 off a fifth of Night Train, and 1/2-priced pack of Marlboros when you buy your TRIBUNE the day of the promotion at White Hen Pantry!*

*Walk up sales only! Offer not available to Trib subscribers. Be sure to send us our $200 in advance or we'll cut you off.

LMAO! :roflmao:

rookiewhitesox
03-14-2006, 11:00 PM
i bought this week triby from 7eleven. i will be buying triby for 2 more weeks. and thats it.

chisoxfanatic
03-14-2006, 11:08 PM
You can buy a laminated version of that at the Tribune store for 8 bucks, without the giant crease down the middle.

Where's that at?