PDA

View Full Version : COTC Exclusive Grinder Rule Poster!!!!!

Two By Four
03-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Let me ask what might be a dumb question, does anyone know about how many people will be at this event? I want to write a Grinder Rule just for Core of the Core fans and maybe print enough posters to give out (would be an exclusive kinda deal, only people at the event get the poster). Can't make any promises though, but next week when I meet with Brooks to cover the marketing stuff we're doing I'll bring it up. Could be a cool thing just for core fans.

And hey if I can get this done, which player would everyone want most to see on a COTC poster?

EDIT: Thanks for sticking it here. BUT remember, I have not asked Brooks yet (but I bet he thinks it's a great idea.) Anyway to make this a poll so it's easier to count which player? (Sorry I barely know how to do TEAL let alone a poll.)

TornLabrum
03-12-2006, 08:03 AM
If you can do it, this would be great! I've moved the post to its own thread and stuck it so we can get response for the player they'd like to see where you can easily track responses.

We probably won't be able to give you a count until April 21 or somewhat later because that's the deadline. However, I can tell you that right now the Sox are holding a total of 300 seats. If you find out you can do this, let me know and I'll contact Kurt Hasenbalg so he can keep me apprised of the count.

I have two choices: Paulie or AJ.

The Critic
03-12-2006, 08:07 AM
That would be SO cool.
My choices are AJ, Paulie, or Ozzie ( I know he's not a player, but he's my favorite Sox personality right now ).

Crede_Fan
03-12-2006, 08:32 AM
My vote would be for AJ, Paulie, or Mark. And non player would be Ozzie.

2X4 you rule!

MarySwiss
03-12-2006, 09:13 AM
That would be great! Paulie, AJ, Crede for me.

Thanks, Two by Four!

WikdChiSoxFan
03-12-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm voting for the kid from the Airplane spot...

I really like the new grinder poster with the intimidating kid... (Great job!)

But I like something inspired by the core of the core...

otherwise...it's got to be carl everett

Taliesinrk
03-12-2006, 02:12 PM
That'd be great 2x4!!!!! Thanks a lot for putting in the thought and effort no matter the outcome.

On the matter of which player, that's tough. Although I looooove AJ, I feel like he hasn't been here long enough for a COTC poster. I like Joe, but before the postseason there were an awful lot of shoota's, and he does go hot/ cold a lot.

My choices are either: Mark, Ozzie, or Paulie.. And I know I'll catch a lot of flak, but if the poster somehow just referred to last season and prior, Frank wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Two By Four
03-12-2006, 04:07 PM
And I know I'll catch a lot of flak, but if the poster somehow just referred to last season and prior, Frank wouldn't be a bad choice either.
Yeah, I thought of Frank, but I doubt that is gonna happen...

CLR01
03-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Anyway to make this a poll so it's easier to count which player? (Sorry I barely know how to do TEAL let alone a poll.)

Sure, which players would you like to include? up to 15 choices

Edit-never mind those will work

SouthSide_HitMen
03-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Cool!

:hawk
JOE CREDE!!!!

chisoxfanatic
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Captain Kong!

dakuda
03-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Hopefully it would be available to all who went, even if they already have tickets elsewhere and just added the party ticket that day. :smile:

Realist
03-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I voted for A.J.

I imagine a 2006 Chicago White Sox marketing meeting usually starts with about 15 minutes of giggling and high five-ing. Well, at least it should. Keep up the great work.

Here's to giggling. :gulp:

BeefyD
03-12-2006, 07:13 PM
I just always think its funny that a championship needs a marketing plan. I remember those Bulls years, and a commercial which had an executive meeting, and they're trying to make a deal, so the guy pulls out Bulls tickets and makes the deal.

However, tickets for all games were already sold out. What purpose did it serve? (Obviously I know that there are still tickets for most Sox games, but this is more of a question to 2x4, since he's in advertising).

Oh, and I voted for AJ.

TornLabrum
03-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for sticking it here. BUT remember, I have not asked Brooks yet (but I bet he thinks it's a great idea.)

I've slightly changed the thread title to a question to emphasize that. If you get approval we can change it to an exclamation point.

Daver
03-12-2006, 08:40 PM
If this does make it off the ground, someone get me a poster, I can't make it to the game.

TornLabrum
03-12-2006, 10:08 PM
If this does make it off the ground, someone get me a poster, I can't make it to the game.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen....

chisoxfanatic
03-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Is Daver not coming, because there will be stiff White Sox security looking for his elephant gun? :?: :tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
03-12-2006, 10:44 PM
This would be unbelievably awesome if you could do this, Two By Four! And truthfully, any Sox player you'd use for the Core of the Core poster would be fitting!

A suggestion.... There's a Core of the Core taking place in Oakland when the Sox are out there in September. Maybe make more than the 300 you'd make for the locals and possibly send some out to whoever's in charge of the NorCal Core of the Core so they can be distributed out there, as well. I know one die hard in particular (DieTrying79) who'll be at that event and would LOVE a poster like this. Spread the Sox Pride!

chisoxfanatic
03-12-2006, 10:48 PM
This would be unbelievably awesome if you could do this, Two By Four! And truthfully, any Sox player you'd use for the Core of the Core poster would be fitting!

Wouldn't it be great for them to get a picture of us at Puffers in that group shot after winning the ALCS for the poster instead? I mean, the COTC is all about the fans. So, I see nothing more fitting than to have Sox fans on it!

ChiSoxGirl
03-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Wouldn't it be great for them to get a picture of us at Puffers in that group shot after winning the ALCS for the poster instead? I mean, the COTC is all about the fans. So, I see nothing more fitting than to have Sox fans on it!

You may be on to something here. I have plenty of Puffers group shots saved on my computer that could easily be e-mailed to Two By Four for this purpose.... :wink:

Two By Four
03-13-2006, 12:00 AM
You may be on to something here. I have plenty of Puffers group shots saved on my computer that could easily be e-mailed to Two By Four for this purpose.... :wink:
Not to rain on anyone's creative parade, but I really would need to use a player for this. I can't really go into why too much, being that this is such a public forum, but suffice it to say that all of the work we do for the White Sox is first and foremost supported by a very tight strategy that makes it all make sense and work. Using fans in this case (even if they are the corest of the core) does not serve that strategy as well as using a player. But I would love to see the photos though...

Two By Four
03-13-2006, 12:08 AM
A suggestion.... There's a Core of the Core taking place in Oakland when the Sox are out there in September. Maybe make more than the 300 you'd make for the locals and possibly send some out to whoever's in charge of the NorCal Core of the Core so they can be distributed out there, as well. I know one die hard in particular (DieTrying79) who'll be at that event and would LOVE a poster like this. Spread the Sox Pride!
I will certainly suggest that, but PLEASE EVERYONE understand, anything the Sox do in the way of marketing, whether that be TV spots or free posters, costs money. I think this is a good thing to do (that's why I suggested it), but if it gets too big we will not want to spend the money because there are so many other marketing priorities that are more pressing. That is why I suggested it as an exclusive thing only for those that attend that COTC game/party. So, that I am clear and no one gets the wrong idea, this would NOT be available for every WSI member. That's just not possible. As for the Oakland thing, that might make sense, it just comes down to dollars. But then again, most things do.:smile:

ChiSoxGirl
03-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Not to rain on anyone's creative parade, but I really would need to use a player for this. I can't really go into why too much, being that this is such a public forum, but suffice it to say that all of the work we do for the White Sox is first and foremost supported by a very tight strategy that makes it all make sense and work. Using fans in this case (even if they are the corest of the core) does not serve that strategy as well as using a player. But I would love to see the photos though...

Oh, we know that. It was just more of a friendly conversation is all.

chisoxfanatic
03-13-2006, 09:19 AM
But I would love to see the photos though...

Check out the WSI Photo Gallery! It's got a ton of great stuff.

DaleJRFan
03-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey, this is pretty sweet! I hope that it happens...

If we are talking "Grinder" by definition, my vote's gotta go with MB, the ultimate grinder.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-13-2006, 01:38 PM
For the COTC poster(not if, WHEN it happens :wink: ), for those of us who can't go to the game do you think that some could be made and sold via WSI/Soxtalk with proceeds going to WS Charities? I will be out of town and unable to go to the game, but would cough over bank to get a COTC poster.

I will, however, do my diligence and supply name tags and teal markers as I signed up for last year. Worse case I'll UPS them to Hasenbalg and mark then to Labrum's attention.

skottyj242
03-13-2006, 02:04 PM
I like free stuff.

SoxFanTillDeath
03-13-2006, 05:50 PM
I already have tickets to the COTC game, but they're not through the official COTC order form and all that. Can I still get my hands on one of these posters?

chisoxfanatic
03-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I already have tickets to the COTC game, but they're not through the official COTC order form and all that. Can I still get my hands on one of these posters?

If you ordered a patio pass, I'm sure there won't be a problem.

SoxFanTillDeath
03-14-2006, 09:33 AM
If you ordered a patio pass, I'm sure there won't be a problem.

Nuts. I never ordered one of those. I'm guessing they're not still available?

Iwritecode
03-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Nuts. I never ordered one of those. I'm guessing they're not still available?

The flyer has only been up for a week and they reserved 300 seats. I'm guessing there are still a few availabe...

TornLabrum
03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
The flyer has only been up for a week and they reserved 300 seats. I'm guessing there are still a few availabe...

As of Friday there were 41 tickets sold. There are at least a few available.

itsnotrequired
03-14-2006, 06:58 PM

Hot damn, my tickets were waiting for me in tonight's mail!

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Section 105, Row 9, Seats 1 & 2. Looks like it is time to start the official seating chart!

MarySwiss
03-14-2006, 07:05 PM

Frankly--no pun intended--I find that amazing! I've been to quite a few patio parties, and unless they've changed a lot, they are one of the best deals out there--even if we weren't the World Champs!

Iwritecode
03-15-2006, 01:13 PM

Weren't sales kinda slow to begin with last year too? IIRC, we ended up with over 100 people.

Two By Four
03-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Talked to Brooks today and he thinks doing a poster would be a good idea, BUT not for "fifty" people. So this event needs to be well attended by Core fans and the Oakland one as well to make printing exclusive posters worthwhile. So I can do my part and create an awesome "Core of the Core Grinder Poster", but everyone else will have to do there part by buying tickets to the event. So if you don't buy a ticket, you don't get a poster.

Torn, you can remove the question mark!

itsnotrequired
03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Talked to Brooks today and he thinks doing a poster would be a good idea, BUT not for "fifty" people. So this event needs to be well attended by Core fans and the Oakland one as well to make printing exclusive posters worthwhile. So I can do my part and create an awesome "Core of the Core Grinder Poster", but everyone else will have to do there part by buying tickets to the event. So if you don't buy a ticket, you don't get a poster.

Awesome news!:bandance:

41 tickets had been sold as of yesterday. Not to shabby a start.

Will you be making a .pdf or high-res .jpg available for download?

Taliesinrk
03-15-2006, 03:31 PM

AWESOME!!! THANKS 2x4!!!! I keep getting more and more excited about this thing.. should be a blast!!

salty99
03-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Did Brooks say how many people they would need in attendance to make the posters worthwhile?

dakuda
03-15-2006, 04:13 PM
... but everyone else will have to do there part by buying tickets to the event. So if you don't buy a ticket, you don't get a poster.

Assuming this happens, what about the people who already had tickets to the game, but bought patio tickets as well? Are we even being counted???

TornLabrum
03-15-2006, 09:16 PM

Done.

HotelWhiteSox
03-16-2006, 02:15 PM
I voted Dye, who are we, the Houston Astros?

steff
03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
All of them...

Tekijawa
03-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Joe Jackson, Dick Allen, Carlton Fisk, Frank Thomas, Aparicio, Fox... you know people only the core of the core would appreciate!

Grinder Rule #522: Draw from the past to build a brighter future