PDA

View Full Version : MLB's opening night logo

chisoxmike
03-11-2006, 06:56 PM
They've could've used the Sox and Indians logo somewhere to make it more unique:?:

WSox8404
03-11-2006, 09:00 PM
That is pretty lame. Oh well. If it was the Yankees/Red Sox you know you would see the logos. I am sure the booyah network is mad that they have to put the Sox on on opening day.

patbooyah
03-11-2006, 09:37 PM
That is pretty lame. Oh well. If it was the Yankees/Red Sox you know you would see the logos. I am sure the booyah network is mad that they have to put the Sox on on opening day.

that's insulting to fine booyahs all over america. you think stuart scott invented that? no.

FarSouthSoxFan
03-12-2006, 12:40 AM
They've could've used the Sox and Indians logo somewhere to make it more unique:?:

That needs the NFL treatment. Two mascots under it, gritting their teeth at eachother. Chief Wahoo for the Injuns, Chuck Norris for the Sox.

If there's a trademark problem with us using Chuck Norris, we can just put up a pitcure of a snarling Ozzie. Anything beats Southpaw.

ewokpelts
03-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Topps is using that Logo for their Opening day product.
It's a nice logo.

Gene

oeo
03-12-2006, 01:10 PM

:?:

I don't understand why it's "lame"...it is nice and clean, it looks good to me.

doublem23
03-12-2006, 02:50 PM

Yeah, I agree. Not everything needs to be snazzy and eye-catching. This is classic with a bit of a modern twist, but overall good. Now, those World Series logos... They suck.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-12-2006, 03:16 PM
I think the reason they used a generic logo is because it's like a couple-day event.

When they used to play that game over in Japan they said that was opening night. Then the game on sunday was also opening night.

And if Chuck Norris is our unofficial mascot....well that's just awesome.

SOXPHILE
03-12-2006, 05:03 PM
that's insulting to fine booyahs all over america. you think stuart scott invented that? no.

Booyah. That's sooooooo 2000-2001. I prefer to refer to my main guy, Stuart Scott, as "Big Ups" Scott, or sometimes, "Can A Player/Brother Get Some Love" Scott.

WSox8404
03-12-2006, 07:17 PM

I am not saying the actual logo is lame. It is classic and quite nice. What is lame is that the two teams who are playing are not on there. IMO they should be.

SoxFan78
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
I am not saying the actual logo is lame. It is classic and quite nice. What is lame is that the two teams who are playing are not on there. IMO they should be.

Have the two teams logos that have played on opening night been on their previously?

itsnotrequired
03-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Have the two teams logos that have played on opening night been on their previously?

I don't believe so. Well, not for the last four years for sure.

0o0o0
03-13-2006, 10:44 AM

didn't take long for that kind of response.
the media hates us :whiner:

Rooney4Prez56
03-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Booyah. That's sooooooo 2000-2001. I prefer to refer to my main guy, Stuart Scott, as "Big Ups" Scott, or sometimes, "Can A Player/Brother Get Some Love" Scott.

I'm partial to Chris "Back, Back, Back, Back, Back" Berman.

0o0o0
03-17-2006, 03:38 AM
I'm partial to Chris "Back, Back, Back, Back, Back" Berman.

he was ****ing awful during the divisional series vs boston. from the "ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooo" of tony g's error to "it's a scraper!" when someone, maybe uribe, hit one off the green monster. i like him doing highlights but for play by play he's absolutely brutal