PDA

View Full Version : how do you act around playoff time

gbergman
03-11-2006, 06:23 AM
come playoff time if our White Sox aren't in, or your favorite team in any sport how do you act. Don't care but watch, watch and root for other teams , and so on.

i root personnelly in all sports for certain teams to win towards end of season and want certain teams to win each round of playoffs if favorite is or isn't around.

HotelWhiteSox
03-11-2006, 08:00 AM
It depends on the sport for me.

Baseball is the sport I follow the most, and I will watch all the games, and if the Sox aren't in, just not cheer for anyone.

I like basketball too, but I'm less likely to watch all of the games, the NBA playoffs drag on

MUsoxfan
03-11-2006, 02:31 PM
I will watch every baseball playoff game regardless of who's playing. I like to watch as many NCAA basketball tourney games as humanly possible. I'll watch a few hockey games. The NBA is dead to me

SoxEd
03-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, in 2005 I was wandering around like a Zombie, and had to take a bunch of days off Work, because of Sleep Deprivation.

I messed-up my metabolism good and proper, what with sleeping in snatches and eating at odd hours.

My friends & family all had their previous opinions about the 'questionable' nature of my sanity thoroughly confirmed.

(Stupid Time Difference.)

Was it worth it?

Heck yeah!
:D:

Back ON-topic, if the Sox aren't playing, then I don't worry about catching the non-Weekend games live, and just look at the Reports & Box Scores.

fusillirob1983
03-11-2006, 03:59 PM
For baseball, I'll watch about as much as time allows.
NFL the same.
NBA - If I like to watch certain players, I'll watch earlier rounds. I'll usually see most of the conference championships and the Finals.
NCAA Bball - My life pretty much gets put on hold during this tournament

I want Mags back
03-11-2006, 04:17 PM
MLB-watch some, not going out of im way to see a game. its jusst not fun to watch with no sox, escpecially when its always the yankees in the end.
NHL- Always love the Stanley Cup playoffs. Its the best playoffs they're are.
NFL- pretty much same as hockey, a little lower on the scale though
NBA- **** that ****
NCAA basketball- Tournament games are always great, no matter who is playing. and i got my bracket to watch

SOXSINCE'70
03-11-2006, 04:27 PM
The only playoffs I watch with regularity are the baseball playoffs.
This despite the following facts:

A. Unless it's a "Yankmees/Blow Sawx" ALCS,
Fox and the Cap City Cable company (ESPN)
will bitch until their faces are blue.

B. It's almost always Yankmees vs.Braves.

C. THE COMMERCIAL BREAKS ARE FAR TOO LONG!!
(I know this is TV revenue we're talking about,but last season,
Fox elongated their half inning tv time outs from 2 minutes to
almost 3.:rolleyes: Then,Ed Goren,their sports President,hoped
baseball fans wouldn't notice).:angry: It's too bad Ed didn't talk to
the countless White Sox fans who stayed up until almost
1:45 AM to watch the end of WS game 3,only to wake up
at 5 AM to go to work the next day.

Baby Fisk
03-13-2006, 11:11 AM
In 2005, with the Sox in the playoffs, I became borderline psychotic (right, fenway?). When the Sox or my teams in other sports are not in the playoffs, I follow but not too closely.

tick53
03-13-2006, 12:09 PM
I watch them so I can pull against the Yankees if there in it or pull for the
American League teams. The only time I would pull for the Yankees would be
if they were playing the Cubs.

batmanZoSo
03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I watch most of the World Series no matter who's in it. I won't sit through all the games entirely, but if it's a clincher, I'll be watching.

The rest of the playoffs, for me it depends on the matchup. Something like Braves/Astros has absolutely no appeal to me. I'll probably skip that entirely. Basically I watch more as the playoffs progress. I'm more into baseball playoffs than football. I just like baseball a lot more.