PDA

View Full Version : Let's put Hawk and Farmio together and simulcast

NoNeckEra
03-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Just a fun thought, but I'd like to see those two in the same booth, and put their audio on both TV and radio at the same time.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Just a fun thought, but I'd like to see those two in the same booth, and put their audio on both TV and radio at the same time.

How about the tandem of Singleton and the Deej

chisoxfanatic
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM

The Blackhawks do the very same thing. It actually would be a money saver as well, as seperate radio and TV broadcast teams wouldn't have to be paid. I'd love for this to happen.

Brian26
03-10-2006, 09:56 PM
The Blackhawks do the very same thing. It actually would be a money saver as well, as seperate radio and TV broadcast teams wouldn't have to be paid. I'd love for this to happen.

Can you imagine the five minutes of silence on the radio when Hawk gets in one of his fits when someone makes a bad play?

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-10-2006, 10:04 PM

Have you ever seen an atomic bomb explode? :D:

RKMeibalane
03-10-2006, 10:09 PM

Or a really bad train wreck. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
03-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Can you imagine the five minutes of silence on the radio when Hawk gets in one of his fits when someone makes a bad play?

Ha! I actually didn't think of that. I think Farmio would keep things at bay on that front.

Daver
03-10-2006, 11:55 PM
The mere though of a duo of Ken Harrelson and Ed Farmer makes me want to puke.

As it is I'm going to be watching games this season with the TV on mute and the radio turned off.

TDog
03-10-2006, 11:57 PM
I have a good friend in the Chicago area who has been a big White Sox fan for years (remembers Jack Brickhouse doing Sox games) but seldom watches Sox games on TV anymore because he can't stand Ken Harrelson. Other people, I know, used to turn down the TV and listen to the radio for Rooney and Farmer calling the games. At least having Farmer on the radio and Harrelson on TV gives people a choice.

Radio and TV play by play are different, of course. Simulcasts are not popular with most TV viewers.

Huisj
03-11-2006, 01:05 AM

They definitely wouldn't make an atomic bomb. It would be more like two kids doing a public access sports talk show. They'd probably sound more like goofy good friends with the same voice who spend the whole time telling stupid "funny" stories from their playing days and they'd just laugh about stuff, and then once every two innings or so we might hear and "uh oh" or an update on what the score is. In order to find out what was actually happening in the game, you'd have to wait for a 670 Scoreboard update in between innings.

Steelrod
03-11-2006, 07:50 AM
...or if his sidkick disagrees with him.

TornLabrum
03-11-2006, 08:05 AM
They definitely wouldn't make an atomic bomb. It would be more like two kids doing a public access sports talk show. They'd probably sound more like goofy good friends with the same voice who spend the whole time telling stupid "funny" stories from their playing days and they'd just laugh about stuff, and then once every two innings or so we might hear and "uh oh" or an update on what the score is. In order to find out what was actually happening in the game, you'd have to wait for a 670 Scoreboard update in between innings.

So basically it would be a Sox 'n' Roll broadcast. :D:

NonetheLoaiza
03-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Hockey is a little different to simulcast. Hockey can get away with it, but baseball, I'm not so sure. Action is happening all the time in hockey, so the TV broadcasts and radio broadcasts are pretty similar. Baseball, there is alot of downtime, but when the action happens, radio has to rely on alot more description.

Unregistered
03-11-2006, 01:09 PM
That would be more powerful than a gallon of NyQuil.

bahn1225
03-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Here is the solution to your problem:

The SOX are being broadcast on a spanish speaking station once again this year.
Just tune into that broadcast.
KONERKO in Spanish is pronounced KONERKO

LuvSox
03-12-2006, 12:54 AM
So basically it would be a Sox 'n' Roll broadcast. :D:

:kneeslap:

downstairs
03-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Would Hawk also have to wear his baseball pants?

Seriously... no way. Hawk would be God-awful on radio. I love him on TV, but no way on radio.

WSCR would be getting calls left and right that their station went out, and has been silent for 5 minutes.