PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's Comments During Mariner Game

infohawk
03-10-2006, 01:00 PM
I don't know if any of you happened to watch the full Sox-Mariner game (I recorded it), but it helped give be a better sense of Ozzie in the dugout.

At one point, Jerry Owens just kind of casually flipped his bat at a pitch at the outer edge of the zone and fouled it off. It was the first pitch of the sequence. I heard Ozzie yell "Swing the ******* bat!"

Later, Rogowski and Thome were on when Josh Fields hit his homer to center. After Fields touched home, I heard Ozzie yell to someone (couldn't make out the name) to "tell Rogowski he needs to tag up!"

I just thought it was interesting to hear Ozzie coach.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah at the beginning of the game I heard Ozzie making some jokes. I can't remember what they were though.

Tekijawa
03-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah at the beginning of the game I heard Ozzie making some jokes. I can't remember what they were though.

A nun, a Rabbi, and a Cleric Walk into a bar...

itsnotrequired
03-10-2006, 01:42 PM
A nun, a Rabbi, and a Cleric Walk into a bar...

...that's not a 12 inch pianist!"

tick53
03-11-2006, 10:18 AM
I don't know if any of you happened to watch the full Sox-Mariner game (I recorded it), but it helped give be a better sense of Ozzie in the dugout.

At one point, Jerry Owens just kind of casually flipped his bat at a pitch at the outer edge of the zone and fouled it off. It was the first pitch of the sequence. I heard Ozzie yell "Swing the ******* bat!"

Later, Rogowski and Thome were on when Josh Fields hit his homer to center. After Fields touched home, I heard Ozzie yell to someone (couldn't make out the name) to "tell Rogowski he needs to tag up!"

I just thought it was interesting to hear Ozzie coach.

Ozzie is just a plain, old interesting guy.:smile:

HotelWhiteSox
03-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Remember the Rangers game where Texas had to apologize to its home viewers, that was hilarious