PDA

View Full Version : joe borchard to be cut or traded

gbergman
03-10-2006, 01:01 AM
listing to the mighty 1090 today on my drive home the radio announcers informed us that joe will either be cut or traded this spring. 1090 is the sports radio network for socal

DaleJRFan
03-10-2006, 01:03 AM
Good. I was going to miss Ross Gload and his five-sizes-too-big super baggy pants.

Dude, What's the Score???

KRS1
03-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Fhew!!!!

Man am I glad some RADIO STATION from CALIFORNIA cleared that whole mess up for us. :rolleyes:

MUsoxfan
03-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Good riddance. We should ask him for his signing bonus back

Unregistered
03-10-2006, 02:01 AM
I heard from a reliable source that he'd either be cut, traded or make the team. I can't reveal my sources though - sorry...

fusillirob1983
03-10-2006, 02:31 AM
I heard from a reliable source that he'd either be cut, traded or make the team. I can't reveal my sources though - sorry...

No kidding! I heard the same thing!

gbergman
03-10-2006, 04:58 AM
this is from a credible sorceas excuse myis mispelligns as im drunk. he will be cut or traded its pretty muchs like espn reports only over radios

oeo
03-10-2006, 06:25 AM
this is from a credible sorceas excuse myis mispelligns as im drunk. he will be cut or traded its pretty muchs like espn reports only over radios

Ohhhh...so you "heard" this...now I get it...

FarSouthSoxFan
03-10-2006, 07:02 AM
I'm glad those guys on SoCal sports radio make the decisions. It keeps all the stress of managing a team off of Ozzie's shoulders.

The Critic
03-10-2006, 07:55 AM
I heard that Joe was either going to be cut, traded, attempted to be sent to Charlotte, make the team as a reserve or start.
I got a GOOD source on this.....AND I'm drunk.....:D:

soxfanatlanta
03-10-2006, 08:26 AM
I heard that Joe was either going to be cut, traded, attempted to be sent to Charlotte, make the team as a reserve or start.
I got a GOOD source on this.....AND I'm drunk.....:D:

Were you getting ready to fly the plane when you heard this hot tip? :tongue:

Vernam
03-10-2006, 08:43 AM
I heard from a reliable source that he'd either be cut, traded or make the team. I can't reveal my sources though - sorry...Not to pry, but was it the same source as for this story (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46188)? Headline is:

Barry Bonds Took Steroids, Reports Everyone Who Has Ever Watched Baseball

Vernam

Chicken Dinner
03-10-2006, 11:18 AM
http://www.left-handed.com/acatalog/bargain-left-handed-scissors-small.jpg

White Sox Randy
03-10-2006, 11:53 AM

Next you're gonna tell me that Arnie Munoz might not make the team. You get the hottest leads out there. Way to go.

tick53
03-10-2006, 12:14 PM
The Sox spent a lot of money on this guy. Maybe they can package him up
for some prospect. I don't know how much playing time Borch got this spring,
but you would think that they would give him more at bats? Didn't Hawk used
to say that Mark Johnson amongst others needed 1000 at bats to determine
whether he can hit ML pitching? But that's Hawk. Anyway, Sweeney looks like
a better deal.

Hangar18
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
listing to the mighty 1090 today on my drive home the radio announcers informed us that joe will either be cut or traded this spring. 1090 is the sports radio network for socal

Mighty 1090 is also the flagship station of the SD Padres.

Tekijawa
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM

Snakes on a Plane... Snakes on a **********ing Plane!

White Sox Randy
03-10-2006, 01:17 PM
My mother-in-law just told me that she heard from her hairdresser that dates the guy that cuts the grass of Kenny Williams' next door neighbor that KC made and offer to the Sox.

They offered Greinke for Borchard and a scout level seat - call liquor not included.

voodoochile
03-10-2006, 01:18 PM
a better deal.

Problem is that both Joe and Gload are out of options and other teams know it. Why trade for a guy who is going to hit waivers in the next 4 weeks. Any offer will be minimal.

Iwritecode
03-10-2006, 01:24 PM
http://www.left-handed.com/acatalog/bargain-left-handed-scissors-small.jpg

http://resourcescommittee.house.gov/subcommittees/emr/usgsweb/photogallery/images/Chert_jpg.jpg

I WIN!

Ol' No. 2
03-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Problem is that both Joe and Gload are out of options and other teams know it. Why trade for a guy who is going to hit waivers in the next 4 weeks. Any offer will be minimal.You trade for him if you're far back in the waiver line. That's not to say you give up a lot, but that's how the Sox originally got Damaso Marte.

Unregistered
03-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Snakes on a Plane... Snakes on a **********ing Plane!
http://www.snakesonablog.com/swp/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/s640x480.jpg

TomBradley72
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Handwriting is definitely on the wall for Borchard....they aren't even offering him a ton of AB's in spring training games...27 years old...and a line of .191-12-30 in nearly 300 AB's at the major league level....there are 16 players on the 40 man roster YOUNGER than Borchard.

maurice
03-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Here's another reason that nobody may want to trade for Gload / Borchard: they have virtually no value. I guess that a crappy team like the Pirates might want to take a low-cost chance of Borchard's "potential," but Gload's a journeyman who has been passed around the league (or, more accurately, the minor leagues) for years now.

White Sox Randy
03-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Maurice, you make these guys sound like cheap whores. :D:

maurice
03-10-2006, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't call them whores, but there's a good reason that younger players make much, much more money than Gload and Borchard make.

Borchard holds the Charlotte Knights record in many major offensive categories (something he called "a dubious distinction"), while Gload is practically the definition of a AAA journeyman.

DrCrawdad
03-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Joe Borchard, the Mohel awaits...

SoxSpeed22
03-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Borchard holds the Charlotte Knights record in many major offensive categories (something he called "a dubious distinction"), while Gload is practically the definition of a AAA journeyman.Just out of curiosity, what are these "dubious distinctions"?:?:

Banix12
03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
a better deal.
He's getting a fair amount of AB's in spring training. As for the whole 1000 AB thing. Sure he's only gotten 300 ABs in the majors but he's had something like 1700 in AAA and he's basically plateaued as an average AAA hitter, usually ending up in the .260s. If he continues to be inconsistant against AAA pitching why should we expect improvement against MLB pitching?

maurice
03-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, what are these "dubious distinctions"?:?:

Holding the Charlotte Knights record in many major offensive categories.

FarSouthSoxFan
03-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Holding the Charlotte Knights record in many major offensive categories.

Including strikeouts, I'm sure. :redneck