PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Baby Fisk!

RKMeibalane
03-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Your National League team is still tinkering with its color scheme, and this (http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2006-02/22192931.jpg) is the result.

KRS1
03-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Hopefully those are just their ST garbs, because that is an abomination.

<Insert overused chunks tag>...:redneck

Brian26
03-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Notice that's the new style helmet that debuted at the All-Star Game last year.

TheOldRoman
03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Notice that's the new style helmet that debuted at the All-Star Game last year.
Those helmets will be available for all players to wear this season. Of course, they will be in solid colors for all teams.

What RK was refering to, at least I think, was the ridiculous coloring on the helmet. The front is blue, and it fades into black on the back. It is attrocious and assanine. As for those BP jerseys, they had that garbage last year.

The helmets will only be worn for spring training, and I'm sure Rawlings is paying the Mets a pretty penny to wear them. Rawlings came out with a big campaign for them. link (http://www.baseballexp.com/baseball/productDesc.do?productDesc=18976)

And, we have gone over the Mets jerseys 100 times. They are horrible, and the black needs to be removed entirely. It seems like the Mets try every year to get worse with their unis. Hopefully they will look at the opening of the new park as a chance to change their unis, as so many teams do. They need to return to their roots, badly.

Baby Fisk
03-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Brutal. Just brutal. Brutal brutality. Is that purple? :o:

Two-tone helmets: brutal.

All my Mets stuff is retro for good reason.

Scottiehaswheels
03-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Is your fun fact this week really a Canadian fun fact? Americans laugh when they talk about Canada on American TV too? :tongue:

Baby Fisk
03-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Is your fun fact this week really a Canadian fun fact? Americans laugh when they talk about Canada on American TV too? :tongue:
When an American show makes a reference to Canada, it's like the high school quarterback saying "hey there" to the dorky girl with braces in the middle of the cafeteria. "OHMYGAWD HE SAID HI TO ME!" :wired:

LongLiveFisk
03-10-2006, 11:08 AM
When an American show makes a reference to Canada, it's like the high school quarterback saying "hey there" to the dorky girl with braces in the middle of the cafeteria. "OHMYGAWD HE SAID HI TO ME!" :wired:

Oh my!:kneeslap:

Baby Fisk
03-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Oh my!:kneeslap:
We love it when you notice us. :redface:

palehozenychicty
03-10-2006, 11:34 AM
The mets uniforms DO look really bad. i feel like going over to shea and asking what they're doing. but then, they've made mistake after mistake since the 86 team. bonilla to a record deal?:?:

batmanZoSo
03-10-2006, 01:57 PM
We love it when you notice us. :redface:

When I was in the Pacific northwest, I looked to my left and was like "what the hell is that?" After a moment, I realized it was British Columbia. So I noticed--much to the delight of several Canadian onlookers. :cool:

SoxEd
03-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Your National League team is still tinkering with its color scheme, and this (http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2006-02/22192931.jpg) is the result.

The Horror, the Horror...

IMO, batting helmets should be restricted to one colour, although I will allow the team logo on the front of them.

So you could maybe go with say, a Black helmet, with the team's logo on it in White.
That would look fine. :wink:

Taliesinrk
03-11-2006, 05:23 PM
The Horror, the Horror...

IMO, batting helmets should be restricted to one colour, although I will allow the team logo on the front of them.

So you could maybe go with say, a Black helmet, with the team's logo on it in White.
That would look fine. :wink:

And IMO, color is spelled without a "u"!!

SoxEd
03-11-2006, 08:34 PM

A fair point, and well made.

I keep forgetting to switch over to 'American' when I come over here.
:redface:

I'll try harder.

Slainte,
Ed.

FarSouthSoxFan
03-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Oh, those silly Metropolitans. They really need to go to either all black or all blue. Not black + blue, not purple...And batting helmets should be required by law to be a solid color other than the teams name or mascot.

Two-tone batting helmets make me throw up a bit in my mouth.

Oh, and Hello, Canadians. You have been noticed. Canada has mounties. Mounties kick some serious ass. At least half as much as Chuck Norris or Kenny Williams!

See the picture here? The man shot a gun with one hand AND CAUGHT THE BULLET WITH THE OTHER. How hardass is that?!
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/743/nlc009918v66fq.jpg

Taliesinrk
03-12-2006, 12:09 AM

I'll try harder.

Slainte,
Ed.

All in good fun of course...

batmanZoSo
03-12-2006, 12:35 AM

http://home.socal.rr.com/ronaski/big%20lebowski.jpg
Yeah...well...that's just like uh, your opinion man. :o:

FarWestChicago
03-12-2006, 06:44 AM

I'll try harder.

Slainte,
Ed.Actually, the superfluous u's may soon be appropriate. :D:

Taliesinrk
03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Actually, the superfluous u's may soon be appropriate. :D:

You need to teal that smiley...

Railsplitter
03-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Back to the subject at hand, those unis are ghastly!
:puking:

nasox
03-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Get some pine tar on those two tone helmets and then we'll talk.

soxinem1
03-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Brutal. Just brutal. Brutal brutality. Is that purple? :o:

Two-tone helmets: brutal.

All my Mets stuff is retro for good reason.

These unis resemble a pack of grape Bubble Yum from the 70's!!

The blue and orange of the past were okay, but geez, leave this crap out!!