PDA

View Full Version : Puckett's catch in the '91 Series

Chisox1500
03-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Doesn't anyone remember the 1991 World Series? It was the greatest I ever saw. It turned me into more of a baseball fan rather than someone who could only watch the Sox.

Anyways, in game 6 who hit the ball that Puckett made his famous catch on? I'm almost certain it was David Justice. Kurkjian says Ron Gant. Anyone remember?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=2357368

PKalltheway
03-09-2006, 09:10 PM
It was Gant. The game was on ESPN Classic earlier today.

Clembasbal
03-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Doesn't anyone remember the 1991 World Series? It was the greatest I ever saw. It turned me into more of a baseball fan rather than someone who could only watch the Sox.
Not to be a pimple on a rearend, but is that the catch that bounced off the glass before he caught it, though they gave him the catch? If it is, that catch upset me for many many years, and actually still irks me

RKMeibalane
03-09-2006, 09:27 PM

Anyways, in game 6 who hit the ball that Puckett made his famous catch on? I'm almost certain it was David Justice. Kurkjian says Ron Gant. Anyone remember?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=2357368

It was Gant. David Justice hit a ball that Devon White of the Toronto Blue Jays caught the following season.

havelj
03-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Kirby was a great player, but it is perhaps one of the most over-hyped catches. It wasn't even going to be a homerun and it happened in the 3rd inning plus it was indoors.

Here's more on Minnesota:
They have never won a World Series game outside of the Hump-Twinky-Dome. Their two titles just happened to be when the A.L. had home field advantage and are a bunch of crap!

mjharrison72
03-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Kirby was a great player, but it is perhaps one of the most over-hyped catches. It wasn't even going to be a homerun and it happened in the 3rd inning plus it was indoors.

They have never won a World Series game outside of the Hump-Twinky-Dome. Their two titles just happened to be when the A.L. had home field advantage and are a bunch of crap!
:rolleyes:

batmanZoSo
03-10-2006, 10:21 AM

I have no problem with this. I'll agree. :thumbsup:

ma-gaga
03-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I have no problem with this. I'll agree. :thumbsup:

I completely disagree.

RealMenWearBlack
03-10-2006, 11:06 AM
I thought I heard something about a conspiracy where the air conditioning in the Metrodome was blowing out when the Twins were batting. I'm not sure if this would have made a difference in the Series, but has anyone else heard about this.

BlackAndWhite
03-10-2006, 11:46 AM
I thought I heard something about a conspiracy where the air conditioning in the Metrodome was blowing out when the Twins were batting. I'm not sure if this would have made a difference in the Series, but has anyone else heard about this.

...and I heard that Kirby Puckett was on steroids anyway.

Taliesinrk
03-11-2006, 06:19 PM
I completely disagree.

+2

Frater Perdurabo
03-11-2006, 06:28 PM

It's detailed in another thread buried deep within the WSI time capsule. I'm too lazy to search for it, but PHG got into it hot and heavy with a Twins fan.

Brian26
03-11-2006, 07:02 PM
+2