PDA

View Full Version : Rooney Highlight Ringtones

Jaffar
03-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Since I have a nextel I cannot buy any of the ringtones from MLB so I had to make my own. They are all Rooney calls that everybody probably knows by heart. If anybody wants them just let me know, there are about 10 of them and I can email them to you. You'll have to be able to get them onto your phone yourself unless you have nextel and a cable then I can help.

TDog
03-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Since I have a nextel I cannot buy any of the ringtones from MLB so I had to make my own. They are all Rooney calls that everybody probably knows by heart. If anybody wants them just let me know, there are about 10 of them and I can email them to you. You'll have to be able to get them onto your phone yourself unless you have nextel and a cable then I can help.

I first heard ring tones in Iceland and Europe before they came to the U.S. Mozart, Beethoven and the Doors seemed a cute novelty. The way they've evolved, they now seem annoying. I know they are the rage with kids, but as an adult, I would find it embarrassing to be associated with one.

Blob
03-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Are they in a mp3 format?

Jaffar
03-10-2006, 08:30 AM
I first heard ring tones in Iceland and Europe before they came to the U.S. Mozart, Beethoven and the Doors seemed a cute novelty. The way they've evolved, they now seem annoying. I know they are the rage with kids, but as an adult, I would find it embarrassing to be associated with one.

I'll be sure not to email them to you then. My phone is always on vibrate but I now have all the great John Rooney calls from 2005 on my phone to listen to anytime/anyplace. I guess I'm just a big kid.

They are in .mp3 format but I have .wav version's as well.

Rocky Soprano
03-10-2006, 08:39 AM

Just sent you a PM.

SOecks
03-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Could you email them to me as well? Also one quick reccomendation that might make it easier for you to send these. You can zip all the individual files and send them to yourself via a site called yousendit.com. When it's uploaded you'll be emailed a download link that's good for a week. Then you can just forward that link to any of us who request the ringtones instead of attaching and emailing them to everybody that wants them.

Kwrubac
03-10-2006, 09:26 AM
I happen to love my ringtone of Hawk calling a home run, I mean really how can you go wrong with that. As far as "adults" not liking them my father heard it and made me get him the same ringtone. Clearly Sox anything has appeal to it's fans. Props to making Rooney ringtones, it's going to be tough listening to Farmer, but I hope for the best.

Jaffar
03-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Could you email them to me as well? Also one quick reccomendation that might make it easier for you to send these. You can zip all the individual files and send them to yourself via a site called yousendit.com. When it's uploaded you'll be emailed a download link that's good for a week. Then you can just forward that link to any of us who request the ringtones instead of attaching and emailing them to everybody that wants them.

Thanks for the idea, I didn't know about that site. Here is the link.

John Rooney .mp3 ringtones (http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=08CFMESQ4C0JX32BMSJLTYCO73)

I'll try and make more today.

SOecks
03-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the idea, I didn't know about that site. Here is the link.

John Rooney .mp3 ringtones (http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=08CFMESQ4C0JX32BMSJLTYCO73)

I'll try and make more today.

No problem. It's a great free site and you can send files up to 1 GB in size so the possibilities are pretty much endless. I use it all the time to share files with friends and family. Pictures, music, etc.

Nellie_Fox
03-10-2006, 11:54 AM
"Any use of the accounts and descriptions..."

TDog
03-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I happen to love my ringtone of Hawk calling a home run, I mean really how can you go wrong with that. As far as "adults" not liking them my father heard it and made me get him the same ringtone. Clearly Sox anything has appeal to it's fans. Props to making Rooney ringtones, it's going to be tough listening to Farmer, but I hope for the best.

It is embarrassing enough the have your cell phone ring in public. Personalized rings make a silly impression. It would be best if the entire world kept their cell phones and pagers on vibrate. (Actually, pagers in Britain are commonly referred to as vibrators because that is the standard practice.) Whenever I see someone in court whose phone rings despite the large signs on the door telling them to turn them off, people shoot them dirty looks. When it's a personalized ring, they draw more derision.

Start up your computer with Rooney, but put your cell phone on vibrate.

Kwrubac
03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
It is embarrassing enough the have your cell phone ring in public. Personalized rings make a silly impression. It would be best if the entire world kept their cell phones and pagers on vibrate. (Actually, pagers in Britain are commonly referred to as vibrators because that is the standard practice.) Whenever I see someone in court whose phone rings despite the large signs on the door telling them to turn them off, people shoot them dirty looks. When it's a personalized ring, they draw more derision.

Start up your computer with Rooney, but put your cell phone on vibrate.

Embarrassing to have your cell phone ring in public? Things must sure be different up in Alaska! It's different if you are in a courtroom setting and decorum must be maintained, but if you're out in public with your friends theres no problem with it, especially when fellow SOX fans hear it and acknowledge you kindly...

TDog
03-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Embarrassing to have your cell phone ring in public? Things must sure be different up in Alaska! It's different if you are in a courtroom setting and decorum must be maintained, but if you're out in public with your friends theres no problem with it, especially when fellow SOX fans hear it and acknowledge you kindly...

If you only turn on your ringer when you're surrounded by socializing friends, the point is moot. The reality is, there are many places in public where a ringing cell phone is inappropriate, and people are oblivious to requests to turn their phones off. You hear them at movies, plays, concerts and even professional settings like courtrooms. Many believe cell phones are inappropriate at baseball games, although a Rooney ring wouldn't be inappropriate at a Sox game.

The more personal your inappropriate ring, the sillier you look.

Nellie_Fox
03-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Despite my clearly expressed wishes that all cell phones be shut off in my classes (not just set on vibrate; I don't wish to listen to them buzz in someone's backpack) it seems that one goes off about twice a week during class.