PDA

View Full Version : Shun Barry Bonds...

GregoryEtc
03-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Here's an interesting take on how to handle the Bonds situation.

If I'm Giants owner Peter Macgowan and I have any self-respect, I release him. Or put him on the diasbled list permanently. If not, and I manage an opposing club, I intentionally walk Bonds every time he's at the plate. "Hey pal, you need 48 homers to catch Henry Aaron? You're not going to see 48 pitches the rest of your career."

Entire article here:
http://deregulator.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_deregulator_archive.html#11418729771948 0178

mjharrison72
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM
As someone else said in the other Barriod thread... why waste three pitches... just plunk him with the first one.

Agreed the Giants should release him, though, if they have any respect left for the game. Again, assuming any portion of these allegations are true.

palehozenychicty
03-09-2006, 10:48 AM
As someone else said in the other Barriod thread... why waste three pitches... just plunk him with the first one.

Agreed the Giants should release him, though, if they have any respect left for the game. Again, assuming any portion of these allegations are true.

The Giants should, but without Barry Bonds, that franchise is still playing at Monster e.g. Candlestick. The organization has been his slave for YEARS, and it won't change now.

mjharrison72
03-09-2006, 10:55 AM
The Giants should, but without Barry Bonds, that franchise is still playing at Monster e.g. Candlestick. The organization has been his slave for YEARS, and it won't change now.
Because he contributed so heavily to the team's success last year, right? *****... they are fooling themselves if they think he'll be a productive member of the team, whether due to injury or allegations. They should start rebuilding.

Rooney4Prez56
03-09-2006, 10:58 AM
The worst thing is, unless Selig banishes him from the game, were stuck with this colossal cheater.

If he shows his face on the diamond, I say plunk him or throw him 4-pitch walks all the time.

The Giants should cut him or Selig should banish him. Baseball doesn't need to see this guy any more.

We had suspicions, now we have proof.

palehozenychicty
03-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Because he contributed so heavily to the team's success last year, right? *****... they are fooling themselves if they think he'll be a productive member of the team, whether due to injury or allegations. They should start rebuilding.

I think that you misunderstood me. i'm in agreement with you. I think that they SHOULD cut their losses, ask him to go, and start rebuilding. But they won't, because he runs THEM. the organization. it's been that way ever since he went there from pittsburgh, and it won't change now. he'll play there as long as he wants, because they don't have the stones to stand up to him.

mjharrison72
03-09-2006, 11:09 AM
I think that you misunderstood me. i'm in agreement with you. I think that they SHOULD cut their losses, ask him to go, and start rebuilding. But they won't, because he runs THEM. the organization. it's been that way ever since he went there from pittsburgh, and it won't change now. he'll play there as long as he wants, because they don't have the stones to stand up to him.
I think I understood you correctly for the most part. My point is that regardless of what he's done for the team/city in the past, this has to be a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately sort of thing for the Giants. Right now, all Bonds is doing is tarnishing the franchise and the city, not to mention the sponsor of Pac Bell/AT&T/whatever it's called Stadium. I think Bonds at this point has zero leverage; not sure if they released him if they'd still have to pay him... my sense is yes, but it would be worth it to eliminate the distraction.

If the organization does grow some stones and stands up to Bonds, they'll find he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Pun intended. :cool:

soxinem1
03-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I would never pitch to this guy if he still plays, I don't care if the bases are loaded. Fans should caravan across the country and taunt him until he quits.

Funny, he makes cover copy headlines, denies it is true, but nowhere is a lawsuit mentioned. If it was me and I knew this was false, I'd be suing the magazine, editor, and writer tomorrow, especially since his steriod 'rumors' have been following him for about eight years now. Instead, the only response is basically 'they are picking on me again, it's not true.'

Though a magazine or newspaper story does not constitute as proof, you can always tell by the subject's reaction how true a story is.

Barry, like McGwire at the hearings, you are looking mighty guilty, buddy!