PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day contest

thomas35forever
03-08-2006, 09:53 PM
This whole "make the best excuse for missing work and win tickets to Opening Day" thing is stupid and pointless. It's just further proof that Cubs fans would rather ditch work and watch a group of losers in a crumbling stadium on any given weekday afternoon.

34 Inch Stick
03-09-2006, 07:20 AM
If they won a championship they could have opened on a Sunday.

Iwritecode
03-09-2006, 09:25 AM
This whole "make the best excuse for missing work and win tickets to Opening Day" thing is stupid and pointless. It's just further proof that Cubs fans would rather ditch work and watch a group of losers in a crumbling stadium on any given weekday afternoon.

Yea, because Sox fans have never ditched work to go to opening day... :rolleyes:

Where exactly is this contest anyway? I haven't heard anything about it.

sullythered
03-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Cubsession anyone?

We've got our own opening day to attend to. And a little flag raising ceremony. Plus, if opening day was on a Monday for our team, I'd be calling in sick yet again.

Ol' No. 2
03-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Cubsession anyone?

We've got our own opening day to attend to. And a little flag raising ceremony. Plus, if opening day was on a Monday for our team, I'd be calling in sick yet again.I take a vacation day every year for opening day. And my son, for some unexplained reason, always comes down with a fever that day (baseball fever, that is).

ewokpelts
03-09-2006, 09:51 AM
It's a contest.
Who cares?

Gene

p.s. other teams are doing it too.......

itsnotrequired
03-09-2006, 09:55 AM
It's a contest.
Who cares?

Gene

p.s. other teams are doing it too.......

I agree. Cubs home opener is on a weekday afternoon. What's wrong with the contest?

Sox Opening Day was on a weekday afternoon last year. I don't think anyone would be complaining about a contest to win tickets.

Iwritecode
03-09-2006, 09:56 AM
I take a vacation day every year for opening day. And my son, for some unexplained reason, always comes down with a fever that day (baseball fever, that is).

I usually take a vacation day for the games that I go to.

If I called in sick it would be pretty obvious anyway. My desk is full of Sox stuff.

ewokpelts
03-09-2006, 10:13 AM
I agree. Cubs home opener is on a weekday afternoon. What's wrong with the contest?

Sox Opening Day was on a weekday afternoon last year. I don't think anyone would be complaining about a contest to win tickets.there WAS A contest last year.....it was sponsored by pepsi ONE

itsnotrequired
03-09-2006, 10:32 AM
there WAS A contest last year.....it was sponsored by pepsi ONE

Cubs are trying to cash in on the Sox success!:tongue:

WSox8404
03-09-2006, 11:45 AM
If they won a championship they could have opened on a Sunday.
HaHa. Too bad that will never happen.