PDA

View Full Version : Oh Canada

soxfanatlanta
03-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Can you believe this?

Canada 8, USA 6 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldclassic2006/news/story?page=260310901_WBC_06)

Don't care if they are not the "cream of the U.S. crop", they lost to a team slated to go nowhere (sorry BabyFisk). What the hell is going on here?

HotelWhiteSox
03-08-2006, 09:49 PM
After Willis didn't have it, the US answer was Al Leiter :\

soxfanatlanta
03-08-2006, 09:52 PM
After Willis didn't have it, the US answer was Al Leiter :\
Not much of an answer: 2/3 IP 3H 2R. You almost feel sorry for him; he stayed too long and now he is getting his ass handed to him.

FarWestChicago
03-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I brought some of that Sox mojo with me. :D:

Daver
03-08-2006, 10:01 PM
I brought some of that Sox mojo with me. :D:

LMAO!!!!!

Fenway
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
You guys are joking right?????

I know I was just in Haight-Ashbury but they didn't lose to Canada right?

Jerko
03-08-2006, 10:19 PM

They were on the verge of getting "slaughter-ruled" by going down 8 zip. They had a 6 run 5th capped by a Varitek granny, but that was it.

Banix12
03-08-2006, 10:22 PM

No Joke. The USA team had no answer for Adam Stern, Adam Loewen, Stubby Clapp and my new favorite name Maxim St. Pierre!

elrod
03-08-2006, 10:22 PM

Your Red Sox hero Adam Stern cracked a triple and an inside-the-park HR, and made two stellar plays in CF.

Fenway
03-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Your Red Sox hero Adam Stern cracked a triple and an inside-the-park HR, and made two stellar plays in CF.

:D:

and last night Canada had trouble beating South Africa.

This is kinda funny

BTW the 60's still live in the Haight.....unreal

FarWestChicago
03-08-2006, 10:38 PM
BTW the 60's still live in the Haight.....unrealUnless you crossed the bay to the Communist nation of Berkeley, you didn't get the full effect. :cool:

Fenway
03-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Unless you crossed the bay to the Communist nation of Berkeley, you didn't get the full effect. :cool:

been there as well reminds me of home Cambridge :D:

Daver
03-08-2006, 10:41 PM
BTW the 60's still live in the Haight.....unreal

There are people there that are still wearing the clothes they wore in the 60's.

Fenway
03-08-2006, 10:48 PM
There are people there that are still wearing the clothes they wore in the 60's.

and haven't washed either :?:

Ben and Jerry's ice cream on the corner :smile:

SOXintheBURGH
03-08-2006, 11:09 PM
and haven't washed either :?:

Ben and Jerry's ice cream on the corner :smile:

Ben and Jerry both got C's in the ice cream making course at Penn State.

If you want real ice cream, Penn State Creamery or nothing.

mmmmm.. Peachy Paterno..

TornLabrum
03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
No Joke. The USA team had no answer for Adam Stern, Adam Loewen, Stubby Clapp and my new favorite name Maxim St. Pierre!

How can anyone prefer Maxim St. Pierre to Stubby Clapp??????

Banix12
03-08-2006, 11:18 PM

Just a preference. I seem to prefer names that sound comically pretentious over comically stupid.

fquaye149
03-09-2006, 08:37 AM

They cut to the stands to show the clapp family. I don't remember his child's name, but his wife's name is...

wait for it...

Chastity Clapp:redneck

Baby Fisk
03-09-2006, 09:38 AM
So I'm at a Violent Femmes concert last night with my best friend. About midway through the show, the lead singer says: "This would be a good time to make an announcement." [crowd cheers] "Canada beat the USA in baseball today!" [crowd goes nuts] They launch into American Music. Great moment.

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4518/canadabaseball10vh.jpg

BNLSox
03-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Unreal! Good job Canada. Who would have thought the runner up game would be Japan v. USA.

Congrats Canadian friends! I think we're all probably rooting for ya.

skottyj242
03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
You guys know it's not even close to over yet right? The US isn't done, they are still going to get into the next round, all they have to do is beat South Africa today.

mjharrison72
03-09-2006, 11:02 AM

If you want real ice cream, Penn State Creamery or nothing.

mmmmm.. Peachy Paterno..
:hijacked:
Babcock Hall on the UW-Madison campus makes the best butter pecan ice cream I've ever had. They also had a flavor for a limited time called "Praise to Thee Our Almond Mocha" (a play on the words "Praise to thee our Alma Mater" in the song "Varsity") that was awesome.

In general, I would say college campus dairy shops have the best ice cream... the one at Missouri-Columbia is fantastic as well.

AZChiSoxFan
03-09-2006, 11:23 AM

1) Who cares??

2) I'm very worried that PSU actually has a class in ice cream making.

SOXintheBURGH
03-09-2006, 11:32 AM
1) Who cares??

2) I'm very worried that PSU actually has a class in ice cream making.

It's part of the food science department, its actually very exclusive to get into.

BEHOLD (http://www.creamery.psu.edu/creamery.html)

ondafarm
03-09-2006, 11:40 AM
You guys know it's not even close to over yet right? The US isn't done, they are still going to get into the next round, all they have to do is beat South Africa today.

Actually, should Mexico beat team Canada today by a score of 2-0, 2-1 or 1-0 then the USA is eliminated by virtue of runs allowed against tied competitors. I think the whole loss to Canada was a dodge so that Canada and not Mexico gets thru to the next round. I mean Leiter and Majewski are your relief corps? What wasn't anyone from the Cubs staff availible?

palehozenychicty
03-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm sure that it's a prerequisite for lineman. :D:

itsnotrequired
03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
It's part of the food science department, its actually very exclusive to get into.

BEHOLD (http://www.creamery.psu.edu/creamery.html)

UW-Madison has a similar program.

http://www.wisc.edu/foodsci/faculty/rankin/dairyfoods/iceCream.htm

Johnny Mostil
03-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Actually, should Mexico beat team Canada today by a score of 2-0, 2-1 or 1-0 then the USA is eliminated by virtue of runs allowed against tied competitors.

EDIT: Oh, crud, fuhgeddaboudit, my original reply and subsequent edits were the result of braincramps, methinks, though I will say I don't think the WBC is going to be quite grown up until (1) the tiebreaker is runs scored (meaning the slaughter rule would have to be dropped, something I guess can't happen quite yet) and (2) final group games are played simultaneously.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-09-2006, 02:21 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/616-selig_press.JPG

Yes I am having a pretty ****ty week.

CHISOXFAN13
03-10-2006, 02:20 AM
Mexico destroyed Canada earlier tonight, so all the US has to do it beat the collection of 17-year-olds South Africa trots out there to advance to the next round.

soxfanatlanta
03-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Mexico destroyed Canada earlier tonight, so all the US has to do it beat the collection of 17-year-olds South Africa trots out there to advance to the next round.

Anybody wanna predict the biggest choke in the century? I loathe the fact that it would be the U.S. needing the heimlich, but I would pay top $$ to see Bud cry like a 2 year old.