PDA

View Full Version : Toddlers at the Cell

pinwheel
03-08-2006, 08:03 PM
My wife and I are planning to take my 2yr old twin boys to the Cell this summer. The Sox web site says 36" and under don't need a ticket and my boys are just about 36". Are they strict on this policy if they're a little over? We're planning a mid week day game in Aug so I don't think it will be so crowded that the boys not having a seat would be a prob. Any Feedback is appreciated!

Edward
03-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I took my little cousin to a game last summer, he was right around that limit too and they didn't pull out any amusement park like height measure, it wasn't even a issue. I could have, on the other hand, got in a workers line who really didn't care, or had a bad sense of 36 inches :D:

Fake Chet Lemon
03-08-2006, 08:51 PM
They aren't too strict.

But after trying to sit my 2 year old on my lap once (that lasted 30 seconds), the next game he got his own ticket.

Ol' No. 2
03-08-2006, 08:53 PM
My wife and I are planning to take my 2yr old twin boys to the Cell this summer. The Sox web site says 36" and under don't need a ticket and my boys are just about 36". Are they strict on this policy if they're a little over? We're planning a mid week day game in Aug so I don't think it will be so crowded that the boys not having a seat would be a prob. Any Feedback is appreciated!The turnstyle is 36". But I've never seen them make a big deal out of it. If it's close, I doubt you'll have a problem.

itsnotrequired
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Glad to hear the Sox are laid back in regards to this policy. Next year, my son will be 19 months at the start of the season. He should still be under 36" but will probably break it toward the end of the season. I don't plan on getting him a season ticket next year so things should work out okay if we want to do the lap thing.

On the other hand, a 2 year old on the lap may be a bit much...

Jerko
03-08-2006, 08:58 PM
My wife and I are planning to take my 2yr old twin boys to the Cell this summer. The Sox web site says 36" and under don't need a ticket and my boys are just about 36". Are they strict on this policy if they're a little over? We're planning a mid week day game in Aug so I don't think it will be so crowded that the boys not having a seat would be a prob. Any Feedback is appreciated!

They never gave my buddy any grief in the past. He would just roll the stroller up to one of the gated off areas NEXT to a main entrance (white metal fence IIRC) and the ushers there would let him in thru the metal gate (that run alongside the escalators) without going thru the turnstyles. They would scan HIS ticket, and not bother measuring or checking for tickets for the kids. May be different this year depending on the crowd or how much your kids grow by August!

robiwho
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Friends of our have used the stroller method. Another option is to carry the kids in. I took my kids to games when they were still small enough to sit on my lap and then stopped bringing them until they were old enough to (sort of) follow the game -- so we didn't have to deal with the in-between stage.

HomeFish
03-09-2006, 01:37 AM
My balding, bearded cousin got a free bat the last time they did bat day -- and that was supposed to be 14 and under.

Your sons will be fine.

korhead
03-09-2006, 07:55 AM
I wonder if, with the relatively large number of tickets already sold, they might be a little more strict on the 36" policy. Not as much empty space in the park this year.

spiffie
03-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Friends of our have used the stroller method. Another option is to carry the kids in. I took my kids to games when they were still small enough to sit on my lap and then stopped bringing them until they were old enough to (sort of) follow the game -- so we didn't have to deal with the in-between stage.
They should have this policy no matter what the size. If you can carry them in and they sit on your lap, one ticket is all you need. Would save me a ton of cash for games I want to bring the GF too ;)

TParkin550
03-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I took my son last year in Sept, because we had seats right on the 3rd base wall. I just carried him in on my shoulders and didn't have any trouble getting in. The ticket taker kind of glanced but didn't say anything. My son sits very well during the game, so I wasn't worried about him sitting on my lap at all. If he doesn't sit well, you may want to get their own ticket anyway.
Good Luck!
TP

pinwheel
03-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info and ideas