PDA

View Full Version : Good article...

czalgosz
01-12-2002, 09:03 AM
on Selig in the Baseball Prospectus. It puts Selig in perspective for you...

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20020111sixfourthree.html

SOXSINCE'70
01-12-2002, 09:16 AM
I've never trusted "Pud" Selig.I never will.He's nothing more than a hand puppet to Reinsdork.This whole thing was set up when the both of them forced Giammatti out in 1992.Why have a real commisioner when you know you're going to pull a strike in '94??I may be a Sox fan,but this so called "commisioner" is a freakin' joke. :angry: :angry: :angry:

czalgosz
01-12-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
I've never trusted "Pud" Selig.I never will.He's nothing more than a hand puppet to Reinsdork.This whole thing was set up when the both of them forced Giammatti out in 1992.Why have a real commisioner when you know you're going to pull a strike in '94??I may be a Sox fan,but this so called "commisioner" is a freakin' joke. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bud Selig is what he is. If you're expecting a Landis-type independent commissioner anytime soon, you're going to be sorely disappointed. If Selig quits, they'll just put another lackey in his place. Getting worked up over it isn't going to change things.

The only reason the owners put an independent commissioner in charge in the first place was to lend credibility back to the game after the 1919 Black Sox scandal. Apparently the owners feel that that time is past. If you want my opinion, baseball needs credibility now more than they ever have, but it's fairly obvious that Major League Baseball doesn't care what I or any other fan thinks about the way they're running things.

The article is right when they say that Conyers is grasping at straws. He is looking for something illegal that Selig is doing, and the best he could find was this. Frankly, I'm amazed that a congressman doesn't have anything better to worry about, especially at this point in our nation's history.

ma-gaga
01-12-2002, 10:59 AM
The witchhunt has begun. Expect journalists, pi's, pissed off fans with too much time on their hands, even congressmen to start looking into EVERY transaction that MLB has ever done.

Yes, I don't think the loan is a big deal. But there is a rule against it and Conyers is just pissed off at MLB's tactics. I'm glad that he's pushed this.