PDA

View Full Version : Why is the game blacked out?

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
03-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Ridiculous.

Comcast blacked out the replays of the playoff games. Now they black out spring training too?

I get Extra Innings, and I still don't get the game.

Last year I got all of the spring training games, even before I renewed Extra Innings.

BS.

Edit - Obviously I'm talking about out of market.

NC_sox_fan
03-08-2006, 02:20 PM
The game is also blacked out in NC. I sent an email to Comcast and asked them to explain this to me. Maybe if we all complain they'll rethink their decision.

Here's the email address:

csnchicagowebsite@comcastsportsnet.com

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
03-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Wow. I'm impressed by Comcast. I sent an email, and about 35 mins. later got the following response:

Thank you for your email. Directv and MLB have an arrangement that allows Directv to show the spring training games outside of Comcast SportsNet Chicago's regional sports territory. Directv was contacted regarding the problem and you should now be receiving the games.

And....... I just flipped to Comcast and the game is on! I'm psyched! I thought I'd be blacked out all spring training long.

chisox117
03-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Wow. I'm impressed by Comcast. I sent an email, and about 35 mins. later got the following response:

Thank you for your email. Directv and MLB have an arrangement that allows Directv to show the spring training games outside of Comcast SportsNet Chicago's regional sports territory. Directv was contacted regarding the problem and you should now be receiving the games.

And....... I just flipped to Comcast and the game is on! I'm psyched! I thought I'd be blacked out all spring training long.

That's great!! Thanks for sending that email to Comcast! I was totally disgusted when I saw the "not available in your area" message. Like you, I figured I be shut out all spring long. Now, I can't wait for the next televised S.T. game. (too bad I didn't check WSI earlier to find out that today's game was joined in progress!)

:gulp:

Lip Man 1
03-09-2006, 11:28 AM
There seems to be some sort of disconnect here.

This is my e-mail to Comcast Sports:

Hi folks...I live in Idaho and wanted to see the Sox game today verses Los Angels but the game was blacked out. I get The Dish Network and what I don't understand is why are the White Sox the only team 'blacking' out spring games?

This past Sunday for example I saw both the Twins and the Red Sox on Fox Sports North and it wasn't blacked out, and in the past I have seen most of the other spring training games with no trouble.

I'd appreciate it if you'd look into this.

My God these are just SPRING TRAINING GAMES! It's bad enough you folks block out REPLAYS as well (even though by then everyone knows the score!)

Here is the answer that I got from Comcast Sports:

Thank you for your email. Due to MLB territory restrictions, Comcast SportsNet is unable to show the spring training games outside of the regional territory. The Dish Network would have to answer your question regarding seeing the Twins and Red Sox spring training games in your area. I've forwarded your email along to their sports group.

In answer to your question regarding replays, Comcast SportsNet purchases the rights to show replays from MLB within the regional territory. If you are outside the territory, you would not see the games. The games are not the property of Comcast SportsNet.

:?: :?: :?:

And apparently the Sox / Mariners game today is blacked out again...

Lip

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
03-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Lip man,

It sounds like it may be an issue between Comcast and Dish Network. Like my post said, she stated they had a agreement with DirecTV. Who knows?

I'm not sure if the person who got back to you is the same one that replied to me. Maybe try emailing the woman who got back to me - Kimberly Coryea - kcoryea@comcastsportsnet.com

Sounds like you need to call Dish Network and inform them if they don't get this straightened out they will be losing a customer to their competition.

3rd_Gen