PDA

View Full Version : Soxfest Lineup

Jerry_Manuel
01-11-2002, 10:43 PM
SoxFest offers fans the opportunity to meet and greet their favorite current and former White Sox players. Manager Jerry Manuel and current players including Joe Borchard , Mark Buehrle, Ray Durham, Keith Foulke, Jon Garland, Bob Howry(boo), Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Jim Parque, Josh Paul (boo), Jon Rauch , Todd Ritchie , Chris Singleton, Jose Valentin and Kelly Wunsch are scheduled to appear.

Members of the 1972 and 1977 White Sox teams, including Oscar Gamble, Bill Melton, Carlos May, Eric Soderholm, and Wilbur Wood, and White Sox executive Roland Hemond also will participate in the weekend's events.

Insert CLR's mocking Rowand not being on the list.....here.

CerberusWG
01-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Sweet! I'll be sure to go with my friend from Chi Town!

Thanks a ton JM!!

BTW will we the board users meet like we did last year? I'd really like to see some of you guys.

Jerry_Manuel
01-11-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Sweet! I'll be sure to go with my friend from Chi Town!

Thanks a ton JM!!

BTW will we the board users meet like we did last year? I'd really like to see some of you guys.

I'm planning on going.

:versatile
Me to!

doublem23
01-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I'm planning on going.

Count me in.

:KW
I'll come as long as people promise to not bring tomatoes.

Chisox_cali
01-12-2002, 12:07 AM
Sorry I live half a country away :whiner:

irish rover
01-12-2002, 02:23 PM
I have tickets to all three days but will only go to Fri and Sat

I'll be meeting some others from another sox board(not the espn board but an off shoot from the old chicagosports.com board)on sat at the big bar upstairs

CerberusWG
01-12-2002, 07:52 PM
I don't know when I'll go. When they release who's going to be there when is when I'll decide. I definetly want to get Borchard's, Buehrle's, Ritchie's, and Rauch's autographs.

WinningUgly!
01-12-2002, 08:30 PM
Do you need to get tickets in advance or are they available at the door? I've never been to a Soxfest before...I think I'm gonna go this year.

Viva Magglio
01-12-2002, 09:22 PM
SoxFest offers fans the opportunity to meet and greet their favorite current and former White Sox players. Manager Jerry Manuel and current players including Joe Borchard , Mark Buehrle, Ray Durham, Keith Foulke, Jon Garland, Bob Howry(boo), Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Jim Parque, Josh Paul (boo), Jon Rauch , Todd Ritchie , Chris Singleton, Jose Valentin and Kelly Wunsch are scheduled to appear.

Members of the 1972 and 1977 White Sox teams, including Oscar Gamble, Bill Melton, Carlos May, Eric Soderholm, and Wilbur Wood, and White Sox executive Roland Hemond also will participate in the weekend's events.

Insert CLR's mocking Rowand not being on the list.....here.

:hitless
How come I'm not on the list of those scheduled to appear?

doublem23
01-12-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

:hitless
How come I'm not on the list of those scheduled to appear?

I'll bet the Choice is either practicing his "half-assed" dive or working on his 2002 Gold Glove Acceptance Speech.

FarWestChicago
01-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I'll bet the Choice is either practicing his "half-assed" dive or working on his 2002 Gold Glove Acceptance Speech. He's probably also filming the 2002 Buddy Lee commercials. :smile:

Chisox_cali
01-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Man all these annoouncements about the WSI booth at soxfest makes me wanna go but I CAN'T Dammit! Now I really want to go! Eh maybe next year.

Jerry_Manuel
01-13-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Do you need to get tickets in advance or are they available at the door? I've never been to a Soxfest before...I think I'm gonna go this year.

I'm pretty sure you can get them "at the door". The convention is held downstairs. My advice would be to just get them in advance Winning.

WinningUgly!
01-13-2002, 01:13 AM

I'm pretty sure you can get them "at the door". The convention is held downstairs. My advice would be to just get them in advance Winning.

That's probably what I'll do...I'm there!

SOXSINCE'70
01-13-2002, 11:09 AM
I'm there Sat.and Sun.

bc2k
01-13-2002, 01:24 PM
Year 2024 at the antique roadshow. "Well bc2k, that autographed baseball of Ordonez, Foulke, and Buerhle would be worth 5 thousand dollars, but because you let Bob "I have no movement on any of my pitches" Howry sign it, the ball is now worthless."

nut_stock
01-13-2002, 07:43 PM
I didn't see big Frank's name on the list, doesn't he usually attend?

Soxboyrob
01-14-2002, 09:00 AM

Do yourself a favor and double check. I think Soxfest sold out pretty quickly the last few years. I think I heard that this year's event sold out a few weeks ago and that the only tickets able to be gotten at this point are through brokers and/or EBay.

Kilroy
01-14-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I didn't see big Frank's name on the list, doesn't he usually attend?

He does usually attend, that's true. But according to my ticket rep, this year has not been confirmed yet. His attendance is still up in the air.

I'm reading that as a "no" for this year.

fuzzy_patters
01-14-2002, 01:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that Big Frank did not attend last year.

cheeses_h_rice
01-14-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
I'm pretty sure that Big Frank did not attend last year.

Frank was not there last year; you are correct.

Daver
01-14-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Frank was not there last year; you are correct.

I read somewhere about a week ago that Frank will not be at Soxfest thius year because he is rehabbing in LA,I'll see if I can find it again.

irish rover
01-14-2002, 06:34 PM
he didn't go last year becasue his father was sick( he passed away last year)

nut_stock
01-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by daver

I read somewhere about a week ago that Frank will not be at Soxfest thius year because he is rehabbing in LA,I'll see if I can find it again.

Assuming that is what he will actually be doing (The Boomer Wells routine doesn't count), then by all means let him skip!

Jerry_Manuel
01-14-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
(The Boomer Wells routine doesn't count)

Boomer must have found a new trainer, he is in good shape now.

nut_stock
01-14-2002, 09:33 PM

Boomer must have found a new trainer, he is in good shape now.

My money says he secretly went in for liposuction.

fogie
01-17-2002, 09:07 AM
:D: I will be at sox fest all three days, Looking forward to metting all the white sox interactive board members

fogie