PDA

View Full Version : Sox fans in LA

rwcescato
03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I just spent 2 weeks in the LA area for work and I am happy to be home.
I will say I saw a lot of Sox fans. I was in Hunnington beach on Saturday and saw a Sox flag with a bunch of California teams flags. I was walking around Downtown Disney and saw a few Sox shirts and hats on people. I also went into this brew pub called Jt Schmidts brew pub. It was across the street from The Anaheim Pond and down the street from Angels stadium.
I asked the bartender how the Sox fans treated her when we played the Angels and won. She was very pleased by how the Sox fans treated her. When i was sitting there I was wondering how many memories were around here from when the Sox won the penant. I am sure some WSI people went in there. The bartender actually asked me why I was a Sox fan and not a Cub fan. People just don't understand do they. I was also at LAX and someone saw my Sox jacket and yelled repeat. I am looking forward to April 2nd.
I can't wait.
Rich

MasQbellesa
03-08-2006, 03:30 PM
The few...the Proud...

The So California Sox Fans Rock! :bandance:

See you April 28-29-30 in Anaheim!

gbergman
03-08-2006, 03:40 PM
i believe we have about 4 of these threads

ChiSoxLifer
03-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I just spent 2 weeks in the LA area for work and I am happy to be home.
I will say I saw a lot of Sox fans. I was in Hunnington beach on Saturday and saw a Sox flag with a bunch of California teams flags. I was walking around Downtown Disney and saw a few Sox shirts and hats on people. I also went into this brew pub called Jt Schmidts brew pub. It was across the street from The Anaheim Pond and down the street from Angels stadium.
I asked the bartender how the Sox fans treated her when we played the Angels and won. She was very pleased by how the Sox fans treated her. When i was sitting there I was wondering how many memories were around here from when the Sox won the penant. I am sure some WSI people went in there. The bartender actually asked me why I was a Sox fan and not a Cub fan. People just don't understand do they. I was also at LAX and someone saw my Sox jacket and yelled repeat. I am looking forward to April 2nd.
I can't wait.
Rich

I was at downtown Disney with my World Series hat on Sunday.

chisox77
03-08-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't know if this matters, but the White Sox have had some really good ballplayers who were, and are natives of SoCal:

1. Jack McDowell
2. Robin Ventura; and presently,
3. Brandon McCarthy, who has commented that he always was a big fan of Frank Thomas when growing up, in SoCal.

Finally, I've made several trips to California (LA, Orange County, SF, and SD) throughout the 90's, and always wore my SOX cap when outdoors there. It seemed that the people who noticed it were positive, either about the style of the cap, or the White Sox in general. I always had the feeling that the Sox have many "silent" fans on the West Coast. But it's just a feeling - I could be wrong.

chisox77
03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry, but I forgot - Jon Garland is a SoCal native as well.

SABRSox
03-08-2006, 08:50 PM
The few...the Proud...

The So California Sox Fans Rock! :bandance:

See you April 28-29-30 in Anaheim!

I'll be out in the left field bleachers, trying to talk up Coop.

BanditJimmy
03-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I will be up there too for the Friday and Sunday game.

It sounds like we draw a good amount of fans to those games in Anaheim.

ChiSoxLifer
03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
I got very good seats for the Friday game. I'll try to get tickets for the rest of the weekend.