PDA

View Full Version : What's up with a WSI opening day party?

Jurr
03-07-2006, 06:37 PM
It's time to start thinking about that magical night when Gene Honda introduces the champs to the public in front of its real (not a bunch of corporate) fans. Can't wait.

Have the minds at WSI been tossing around any pre or post game festivities to celebrate the occasion? It would be awesome if we could all get a tailgate together or meet afterwards to soak in the glory of the banner ceremony!
Here's to 100 of :bandance: these this year!
Go SOX!

chisoxfanatic
03-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Hangar18's Trophy Tour will continue at Jimbo's pre-game. I'm gonna work on having a Puffers location in there somewhere. A bunch of us are also having a tailgate, but, the details haven't been worked out yet.

peeonwrigley
03-08-2006, 01:19 AM
It's time to start thinking about that magical night when Gene Honda introduces the champs to the public in front of its real (not a bunch of corporate) fans. Can't wait.

Think Honda will be there? He missed opening day last year to do PA for the Final Four. This year I suppose he could just bounce back and forth from Indy without missing a beat for either obligation, since the games are all on different days.

WSox8404
03-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Think Honda will be there? He missed opening day last year to do PA for the Final Four. This year I suppose he could just bounce back and forth from Indy without missing a beat for either obligation, since the games are all on different days.

I would bet on him being there. I doubt he would miss the chance to introduce for the first time "YOUR 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!"

WSox8404
03-08-2006, 12:01 PM
I would bet on him being there. I doubt he would miss the chance to introduce for the first time "YOUR 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!"

Man just typing that give me the chills up and down my spine. Its gonna be great!

chisoxmike
03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
April 1st at Puffers some of the WSIers will be there to toast to the upcoming season. I am penning a speech for the toast.:D:

ChiSoxGirl
03-09-2006, 08:09 AM
April 1st at Puffers some of the WSIers will be there to toast to the upcoming season. I am penning a speech for the toast.:D:

Puffers is a GREAT place to have this gathering. Afterall, it's where we witnessed the Magic of October, so there's no better place to go back and toast another Championship season!

Can't wait to hear this speech you're penning, Mike! :wink:

Hangar18
03-09-2006, 08:12 AM

Have the minds at WSI been tossing around any pre or post game festivities to celebrate the occasion? It would be awesome if we could all get a tailgate together or meet afterwards to soak in the glory of the banner ceremony!

Go SOX!

Opening Day/Night. Trophy at Puffers 11am to 1pm. Jimbos 1:15pm to 3:30pm. Pacos Tailgate Extravaganza afterwards .......................

Although an exclusive party Saturday Nite Puffers, then on to Jimbos exclusively Sunday is a distinct possibility

skottyj242
03-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Opening Day/Night. Trophy at Puffers 11am to 1pm. Jimbos 1:15pm to 3:30pm. Pacos Tailgate Extravaganza afterwards .......................

Although an exclusive party Saturday Nite Puffers, then on to Jimbos exclusively Sunday is a distinct possibility

Just tell me where I need to be. I can't believe you're going to start boozing at eleven on opening day.

chisoxfanatic
03-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Puffers is a GREAT place to have this gathering. Afterall, it's where we witnessed the Magic of October, so there's no better place to go back and toast another Championship season!

Can't wait to hear this speech you're penning, Mike! :wink:

No kidding! Puffers is THE place!

I wonder if we're gonna all be exposed to a Hangar18 rant while we're there (SCFM #1 zillion)

robiwho
03-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Just tell me where I need to be. I can't believe you're going to start boozing at eleven on opening day.

Actually, I think chisoxmike and I decided that we're starting at 6:00 a.m. -- didn't we, Mike? :D:

chisoxmike
03-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Actually, I think chisoxmike and I decided that we're starting at 6:00 a.m. -- didn't we, Mike? :D:

Well, I'll be at Puffers Saturday night with some people from the board. I'll just come from Puffers to the park Sunday morning....:D:

:gulp: :gulp:

robiwho
03-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Well, I'll be at Puffers Saturday night with some people from the board. I'll just come from Puffers to the park Sunday morning....:D:

Brilliant! We'll be in great shape by first pitch!
:cheers:

chisoxfanatic
03-09-2006, 06:59 PM

Don't forget DumpJerry's tailgate!

soxstarter
03-09-2006, 08:31 PM

OH....is he really gonna use that new grill? :flameswing

Jurr
03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Puffers it is. Wow.....what a weekend this may end up being. I better massage my liver to get ready!

DumpJerry
03-12-2006, 11:42 PM
I'll be there at 11:00 a.m.-----first in line!!!
I'm shooting for Lot C.

IronFisk
03-13-2006, 12:42 AM
I "should" be there for that shindig on the 1st. I never did grab a ticket for opening day (RATS!), but I'll probably "loiter" in the vicinity. MUST see the new and improved trophy! :redneck

chisoxfanatic
03-13-2006, 07:12 AM
I "should" be there for that shindig on the 1st. I never did grab a ticket for opening day (RATS!), but I'll probably "loiter" in the vicinity. MUST see the new and improved trophy! :redneck

You can always park east of State St. and come join us for the tailgate. The tailgate won't be the same without the cowbell!!!

IronFisk
03-13-2006, 10:25 PM
You can always park east of State St. and come join us for the tailgate. The tailgate won't be the same without the cowbell!!!

ooooooo, me likey!

chisoxfanatic
03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
ooooooo, me likey!

For more motivation to come to both Puffers and the tailgate, Hangar18's Trophy will be there BOTH times. Who can pass up two times to be in the presence of THE trophy? :cool:

Jurr
03-14-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm shooting for Lot C.
Did you say 11 a.m????? Wow. WSI is going to be a feisty bunch for the opening game. Got my tickets today!!! Whooo hooo!!!

So, let me get this right. Puffers on Saturday night...then a tailgater that kicks off at 11?? Wow.

Will there be a little WSI advertising to let the out of towners know where the tailgate is???

chisoxfanatic
03-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm shooting for Lot C.

I probably won't be getting there until 3ish. I like to sleep in until at least noon on Sundays, and then I have a very lazy start. I could call you before leaving so that I know exactly where you're set up. I'm looking forward to seeing you, Robin, Jen, Cyndi, and everyone else there!!!

DumpJerry
03-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Good news/bad news. I got my parking passes and wound up with Green Coupons (lots F and L), so I won't be in C. I was joking about 11:00 a.m., it was an attempt to show how excited I am.

I might be at a friend's fundraiser before the parking opens up. She might have Robin Ventura and Jack McDowell there. I'll be with Jack and Robin before heading up to the park when the lots open up and start the grill!:D:

If Jack and Robin commit to her event and my friend says it is ok to publicize the event here, I'll post the 411 on this thread. If Jack and Robin say no, there will be no event.

BTW, this is the same friend who partied with Jack after Game 1 of the World Series and, as a result, he was with us in the Diamond Suite from the Second Inning through the Eighth for Game 2......

chisoxfanatic
03-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Good news/bad news. I got my parking passes and wound up with Green Coupons (lots F and L), so I won't be in C. I was joking about 11:00 a.m., it was an attempt to show how excited I am.

You're gonna make me walk completely around the ballpark from the street I park on Wells?

You really suck!!! :tongue:

DumpJerry
03-15-2006, 03:16 PM
You're gonna make me walk completely around the ballpark from the street I park on Wells?

You really suck!!! :tongue:
Aren't I worth the walk?:wink: I'm near the gate for the Bullpen Sports Bar!:D: