PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to cancel your season tickets?

Cat Thief
03-07-2006, 06:30 PM
:rolling:

I just received a letter from the Sox saying that I could cancel my season tickets and get a full refund with interest. It was something to do about seat location not being guaranteed for the playoffs. I didn't even read the whole thing, I tore it in half and pitched it.

ShoelessJoeS
03-07-2006, 06:33 PM

I just received a letter from the Sox saying that I could cancel my season tickets and get a full refund with interest. It was something to do about seat location not being guaranteed for the playoffs. I didn't even read the whole thing I tore it in half.
Rightfully so Cat Thief!

itsnotrequired
03-07-2006, 06:35 PM

I just received a letter from the Sox saying that I could cancel my season tickets and get a full refund with interest. It was something to do about seat location not being guaranteed for the playoffs. I didn't even read the whole thing, I tore it in half and pitched it.

Wow.

:o:

Are you a full-season or split-season holder? First-time holder? What Section are you in?

kevingrt
03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
I'd love to take those off your hand, lol.

NoNeckEra
03-07-2006, 06:58 PM
It's a very confusing letter to me, because I bought two separate packages on the same acct #, a full season and a split season. Both were purchased in November, back when availability of postseason tix was not in question.

The letter says I can purchase the Div Series, and only game 2 for the ALCS and WS.

This would make sense for my split package, but not the full, and it's not spelled out what they're referring to in my case.

Needless to say, I have a call into my rep, Joe Jung.:dunno:

MUsoxfan
03-07-2006, 07:11 PM
This goes back to Brooks saying at Soxfest that if the Playoffs started today there would be about 2,000 people sitting on the roof. Looks like they're trying to fix the problem they caused last year when they underestimated the amount of people that would buy a full-season package for the right to playoff tickets

IggyD
03-07-2006, 07:12 PM
It's a very confusing letter to me, because I bought two separate packages on the same acct #, a full season and a split season. Both were purchased in November, back when availability of postseason tix was not in question.

The letter says I can purchase the Div Series, and only game 2 for the ALCS and WS.

This would make sense for my split package, but not the full, and it's not spelled out what they're referring to in my case.

Needless to say, I have a call into my rep, Joe Jung.:dunno:

I have the split season, I am getting the same as your letter states. Mine also states they are moving me from bleacher area to upper box for any possible postseason games.

Who in their right mind would give up any ticket package unless brain dead

chisoxmike
03-07-2006, 07:38 PM
whoa... i bought my plan in November. They said I would get all postseason options...so, if they make the playoffs, i expect to have tickets to what they told me, ALL ALDS, 1 ALCS, AND 1WS.

NoNeckEra
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
whoa... i bought my plan in November. They said I would get all postseason options...so, if they make the playoffs, i expect to have tickets to what they told me, ALL ALDS, 1 ALCS, AND 1WS.
The good news is that you'll get tix to those games. The bad news is, you'll have worse(different) seats than your package, and because of that, they're giving you the option to cancel out. This way, they can put your cancelled season tix right back on the market, where they'll get scooped up by people on the waiting list for ST packages with postseason options.

Daver
03-07-2006, 07:50 PM
I can imagine that the ticket brokers that bought ST last year to get postseason tickets will be jumping all over this.

chisoxmike
03-07-2006, 08:01 PM
The good news is that you'll get tix to those games. The bad news is, you'll have worse(different) seats than your package, and because of that, they're giving you the option to cancel out. This way, they can put your cancelled season tix right back on the market, where they'll get scooped up by people on the waiting list for ST packages with postseason options.

Well thats good, to me where I sit for playoff games don't really matter, last year for the two ALDS games I sat in row 19 in the upper deck and had a blast. I'm in lower box this season and would not pitch any fit about sitting in the upper deck for any potental playoffs games in 06... as long as I'm there:D:

ode to veeck
03-07-2006, 08:03 PM
I can imagine that the ticket brokers that bought ST last year to get postseason tickets will be jumping all over this.

Let 'em whine for a change!

roylestillman
03-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I didn't quite get this either. What they offered last November is what they promised in the letter. In fact I was relieved that they mentioned Game 1 of the ALCS and the WS. I thought I'd get stuck with game 6 or 7, which we may never use.

kevingrt
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM

Yeah but if they hold on to their tickets that's good for people that don't have season tickets, like me. Means cheaper tickets on the secondary market such as StubHub and Ebay. But oh well, the Cell will be packed regardless.

jake5824
03-07-2006, 09:27 PM
i wonder if everyone is promised the same ticket areas mine says...
ALDS: Upper Reserved
ALCS Game 2:Outfield
WS Game 2: Upper Box

I saw someone posted they were being offered Game 1 of WS so I was just checking to see if other people had the same seat sections offered and ALCS and WS games.
Im a Double play plan holder(weekend package)

IlliniSox4Life
03-07-2006, 09:44 PM
i wonder if everyone is promised the same ticket areas mine says...
ALDS: Upper Reserved
WS Game 2: Upper Box

I saw someone posted they were being offered Game 1 of WS so I was just checking to see if other people had the same seat sections offered and ALCS and WS games.
Im a Double play plan holder(weekend package)

Well I hope not! If everyone is in upper reserved for the ALDS, we're going to be able to see those ugly blue seats in the lower bowl!

gobears1987
03-07-2006, 10:00 PM
You know, a year ago if someone bitched because they might get different WS tickets, we would tell them to Deep Pink it. Ah the difference a year makes:bandance:

SweetnesSox
03-07-2006, 11:06 PM
damn he didn't buy it... GIMME YOUR TICKETS NOW!

bayzbol44
03-08-2006, 06:14 AM
ALDS: Upper Deck
WS Game 2: Outfield

My letter gave me the locations above for Postseason. I was not happy about it, but what am I going to do cancel them? I am a new split season ticket holder.

Cat Thief
03-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Well thats good, to me where I sit for playoff games don't really matter, last year for the two ALDS games I sat in row 19 in the upper deck and had a blast. I'm in lower box this season and would not pitch any fit about sitting in the upper deck for any potental playoffs games in 06... as long as I'm there:D:

I agree 100%. I sat way back in 516 for the ALDS and WS and had the time of my life. I find it hard to believe that people are complaining about seat location for possible playoff games.

Bobbo35
03-08-2006, 06:55 AM

Ya, I don't think it should matter where someone sits as long as they are there. At least that is how it is for me. For game 1 of the ALCS I saw in the right field corner 12 rows up in the upper tank. Actually had a great view of the entire park. Had a great time.

Cat Thief
03-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Wow.

:o:

Are you a full-season or split-season holder? First-time holder? What Section are you in?

Both. I bought a hit and run and split a full with a friend. We purchsed these after the World Series so we did not benefit from any post season ticket options. It was the only way I knew how to say thanks to the White Sox organization. We normally attended 20 games a year so now we just doubled it!

Sec 160 for the 27
Sec 149 for the full

itsnotrequired
03-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Both. I bought a hit and run and split a full with a friend. We purchsed these after the World Series so we did not benefit from any post season ticket options. It was the only way I knew how to say thanks to the White Sox organization. We normally attended 20 games a year so now we just doubled it!

Sec 160 for the 27
Sec 149 for the full

I'm also a first time season-ticket holder (full) and bought mine right after the WS. No letter so far but I wouldn't be surprised if I got something as well.

Did they ask if you wanted to drop the split or full plan? Or was it both?

Cat Thief
03-08-2006, 07:52 AM
I have the 27 in my name. The full is is in my friends name so I'll have to ask him if he recieved the same thing.

mwc44
03-08-2006, 07:53 AM

I just received a letter from the Sox saying that I could cancel my season tickets......

When monkeys fly out of my ***!!!

Hangar18
03-08-2006, 08:01 AM
I have the split season, I am getting the same as your letter states. Mine also states they are moving me from bleacher area to upper box for any possible postseason games.

Thats if you are a first-timer. For instance, I was a first-timer and for the AS Game, I had to sit upstairs.

itsnotrequired
03-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Thats if you are a first-timer. For instance, I was a first-timer and for the AS Game, I had to sit upstairs.

As a first-time full-season ticket holder, I should be able to have my regular seats for all playoff games, correct? My seats are in the Upper Deck and I guess I'm a little concerned with getting "bumped" to poorer Upper Deck seats. Or is the seat bumping more of a Lower Deck problem?

Beer Can Chicken
03-08-2006, 08:28 AM
As a first-time full-season ticket holder, I should be able to have my regular seats for all playoff games, correct? My seats are in the Upper Deck and I guess I'm a little concerned with getting "bumped" to poorer Upper Deck seats. Or is the seat bumping more of a Lower Deck problem?
I was under the impression that full-season holders were the only ones guaranteed their own seats during the playoffs.
When I bought my 27 game plan, I assumed I wouldnt be sitting in my seats for the 3 playoff games they let me get. I actually believe it was in writing somewhere.

Hangar18
03-08-2006, 09:01 AM

Its a lower deck thing ............ dont worry you should be fine

scottjanssens
03-08-2006, 12:03 PM

Depends where they are. If they're the 4 sections behind home plate (upper and lower) you'll get bumped because MLB takes those for the LCS and WS. If you're near those section you may get bumped for the people displaced from those sections, etc. It's not the White Sox, it's MLB.

itsnotrequired
03-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Depends where they are. If they're the 4 sections behind home plate (upper and lower) you'll get bumped because MLB takes those for the LCS and WS. If you're near those section you may get bumped for the people displaced from those sections, etc. It's not the White Sox, it's MLB.

I'm in Upper Reserved so I figure I'm good to go. Any other Upper Reserve holders experience getting bumped last year?

chisoxfanatic
03-08-2006, 01:35 PM
My Hit & Run Plan tickets are in the lower box (149, Row 10). Do you guys think I'd be relegated to the upper deck for playoff games?

SoxFan78
03-08-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm in Upper Reserved so I figure I'm good to go. Any other Upper Reserve holders experience getting bumped last year?

I have a split plan for upper reserve in Sec. 544. The first series I was in Sec. 516 around the 10th row. For the ALCS and WS I actually had better seats. My seats for those games I think were in Sec. 535 around the 10th row.

VIKINGS630
03-08-2006, 02:17 PM
My Hit & Run Plan tickets are in the lower box (149, Row 10). Do you guys think I'd be relegated to the upper deck for playoff games?

I am doing the Hit and run Plan as well (sec 151 Row 4). According to the letter I received from my rep, AL division series in the upper Box, ALCS game 1 in the outfield, and world series game 1 in the outfield

ewokpelts
03-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I talked to my rep. This applie sonly to newer customers. Even though I'm a partial plan holder, I have 3 years seniority, and therefore will still be downstairs.
Gene

BanditJimmy
03-09-2006, 11:55 AM
With the Dan Ryan situation, does any one know if it is too late to call our Rep and cancel on the parking passes? I think public trasportation will be the way to go for me. I would hate to swallow 81 parking passes I can't use.

ewokpelts
03-09-2006, 11:58 AM
With the Dan Ryan situation, does any one know if it is too late to call our Rep and cancel on the parking passes? I think public trasportation will be the way to go for me. I would hate to swallow 81 parking passes I can't use.If you want to do that, you better do it NOW. Tickets are being mailed out.

Gene

SoxFan78
03-09-2006, 12:00 PM
With the Dan Ryan situation, does any one know if it is too late to call our Rep and cancel on the parking passes? I think public trasportation will be the way to go for me. I would hate to swallow 81 parking passes I can't use.

If you cant return them, you can try selling them on here or even on ebay/stubhub. I see passes all the time on those sites, even though most of them are overpriced.