PDA

View Full Version : WBC Questions

skottyj242
03-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I don'[t know if anyone knows anything about the tournament but I have a copule of dumb questions.

Pitch counts: how strict are they? Will an at-bat be interrupted? Will he get to finish the batter/inning?

Umps: Who are they?

soxfan13
03-07-2006, 01:17 PM
I think they do not interupt the at bat for the pitch count but once the batter is done the pitcher is pulled as for the umps they are minor league umpires the professionals are at spring training

Chicken Dinner
03-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Zambrano is getting lit up :D:

elrod
03-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Edgardo Alfonzo goes deep. 6-4 DR. Victor Zambrano coming in now.

Taliesinrk
03-07-2006, 02:59 PM
I think they do not interupt the at bat for the pitch count but once the batter is done the pitcher is pulled as for the umps they are minor league umpires the professionals are at spring training

That is incorrect...

There are both major and minor league umpires at the WBC. As they said earlier in the Ven/DR telecast, they attempt to put the major league umps behind the plate, where they have the brunt of the work.

Baby Fisk
03-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Did anyone buy any WBC gear? Most of the hats sucked huge.

AZChiSoxFan
03-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Did anyone buy any WBC gear? Most of the hats sucked huge.

At the game last night, I walked through the team shop but didn't buy anything. None of it looked very enticing to me. I was surprised to see South Africa jerseys for sale for big bucks. Wouldn't think there's much demand for those. I guess that's why there were still so many of them on the rack.