PDA

View Full Version : SS Irish Parade

SoxFan78
03-07-2006, 10:27 AM
As some of you know, the South Side Irish Parade is this Sunday. Well I figured since our team is based on the South Side and they won the World Series, I wondered if they would be at the parade to show some love.

I emailed Brooks and asked him this very question and here is his response.

I believe we are represented by a shiny trophy.......

The Critic
03-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah, but he means Hangar's trophy....
:D:

redsand22
03-07-2006, 10:28 AM
As some of you know, the South Side Irish Parade is this Sunday. Well I figured since our team is based on the South Side and they won the World Series, I wondered if they would be at the parade to show some love.

I emailed Brooks and asked him this very question and here is his response.Nice!!
I'll be there, decked out in green sox gear!

Uncle_Patrick
03-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Damn, this will be the first year I can't go in about the past 5 or 6, but since my son was just born a month ago, I have to pass this year. I'll be bummed if the trophy makes an appearance and I miss it. There's always a lot of Sox love at the parade.

FRANK FORT
03-07-2006, 10:54 AM
My favorite people are the Northsiders who come by bus from whatever tavern. They piss on the South Side 364 days a year, then they come down for the parade and piss on it literally. Go Home!

skottyj242
03-07-2006, 10:56 AM
My favorite people are the Northsiders who come by bus from whatever tavern. They piss on the South Side 364 days a year, then they come down for the parade and piss on it literally. Go Home!

I couldn't agree more. I hate it when drunken people ask me where 99th and Wood is because that's where their bus it. Or "Where's Saint Baranaboosistoosis? That's where we got dropped off."

Hangar18
03-07-2006, 11:30 AM

I emailed Brooks and asked him this very question and here is his response.

My Trophy will be representing our Championship at this parade ..........
if thats what your asking here, your question is vague

areilly
03-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Couldn't agree more. I live on the north side but to all my south side brethren, I can promise you one thing: it won't be me peeing on your garage. My family's from the south side. My beloved White Sox play on the south side. How could I take a whiz on that? Some of us wait all year to have a blast in a great neighborhood that we don't get to see that often.

Others just want to ride the short bus down from McGee's.

(For reference...I'm taking the Metra. :cool: )

kittle42
03-07-2006, 12:06 PM

I am one of the northsiders who gladly stays away for the parade. :cool:

SoxFan76
03-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I'll be there. I can't wait.

roylestillman
03-08-2006, 10:28 AM
White Sox entry is listed as #42 in the program published in the local Beverly Review. That puts it about 45 minutes into the parade.

Beer Can Chicken
03-08-2006, 10:34 AM
I couldn't agree more. I hate it when drunken people ask me where 99th and Wood is because that's where their bus it. Or "Where's Saint Baranaboosistoosis? That's where we got dropped off."

I went to Saint Baranaboosistoosis. I missed the parade for the first time last year, not sure if I'll be making it back this year either. Chicago Sport and Social Club now organizes bus trips to my beloved neighborhood. For one day of the year, my old neighborhood is "cool". I'm not sure I want to be there on that one day.

wulfy
03-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I grew up in Beverly and my parents still live there .... I steer clear of there on parade day. Too many 15 year olds having their first beers.

sullythered
03-08-2006, 11:58 AM
I live in Oak Lawn and drink in Beverly in one of the stretch of bars on Western Ave on about a weekly basis, usually Keegan's then "the mistake." The parade day is the absolute worst day to party it up in that area. It's "rookie day." That being said, I'll be getting there at around 8 a.m.

house215
03-08-2006, 12:39 PM
This is great. I actually e-mailed Brooks about this a week ago and I got no response. I can not wait to see the reaction the trophy gets from the crowd.

WSox8404
03-08-2006, 12:58 PM
[quote=Hangar18]My Trophy will be representing our Championship at this parade ..........

Uh Oh. Two trophies. The people that come from up north might get confused.

WS in 05
03-08-2006, 02:21 PM
White Sox entry is listed as #42 in the program published in the local Beverly Review. That puts it about 45 minutes into the parade.

where did you find this information?

IlliniSox
03-08-2006, 02:29 PM

Really? Thanks a ton for that, I'll listen for the roar as it approaches 109th.

CHISOXFAN13
03-08-2006, 02:30 PM

I work for that paper, and I can confirm the Sox are listed in the Line O' March.

skottyj242
03-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I am staying off the beaten path and heading to Quigley's on 111th and Pulaski at elevenish.

WS in 05
is there a link you have that has this on it so I can inform some others?

chisoxfanatic
You guys have a blast wherever you go. I'm proctoring the ITBS Teacher Certification Exam all Saturday, so I won't be able to make it. Post your pictures of the Sox float in the photo gallery.

CHISOXFAN13
03-08-2006, 02:34 PM

Unfortunately, we aren't online at this point.

You can pick up the paper at pretty much any convenience store in Mt. Greenwood, Beverly or Morgan Park, though.

The parade guide is a whopping 120 pages. So nice to be done with it! :gulp:

WS in 05
03-08-2006, 02:36 PM
have you heard any info on what its actually going to be? just a float with a banner and a couple of office workers or will it actually be the trophy?

SoxFan78
03-08-2006, 02:40 PM
have you heard any info on what its actually going to be? just a float with a banner and a couple of office workers or will it actually be the trophy?

From what Brooks mentioned in his email, it sounds like the trophy.

roylestillman
03-08-2006, 02:42 PM

There's a local paper that publishes the official program of the parade. Its the middle page of section 2 of the Beverly Review. Don't bother looking for a web site. The 'Review just got movable type in the late 90's. (Edit: Whoops didn't know one of the employees was looking)

WS in 05
03-08-2006, 02:47 PM
sounds good cant wait

Law11
03-08-2006, 03:00 PM
http://southsideirishparade.org/

Not much info though..

soxfanaticpaulie
03-08-2006, 03:01 PM
I grew up on the Southside, went to Marist H.S., and moved up to Bucktown last December. I have a couple friends up here that I want to take down, we are going down on a bus from Durkin's.

Common, everyone pisses in the alley behind the bars, not just the Northsiders! There is pretty much no where else to go!

I'm looking forward to showing my Northside friends the "real" Irish parade. Pretty awesome that the trophy will be there. I'm pumped!:D:

:gulp:

Law11
03-08-2006, 03:02 PM
http://southsideirishparade.org/

This is just for the parade in general...

skottyj242
03-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I grew up on the Southside, went to Marist H.S., and moved up to Bucktown last December. I have a couple friends up here that I want to take down, we are going down on a bus from Durkin's.

Common, everyone pisses in the alley behind the bars, not just the Northsiders! There is pretty much no where else to go!

I'm looking forward to showing my Northside friends the "real" Irish parade. Pretty awesome that the trophy will be there. I'm pumped!:D:

Marist, class of '97.

soxfanaticpaulie
03-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Marist, class of '97.

Class of 2000 here. Last class to ever be Redskins. (if only for 1 year)

We roamed the halls at the same time. You would have been a Senior when I was freshman though, right? That makes you the Last class to be Redskins for all 4 years.

It's odd that that place is co-ed now. Haven't gone back to visit since the change.

Always good to meet an alum.

skottyj242
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Class of 2000 here. Last class to ever be Redskins. (if only for 1 year)

We roamed the halls at the same time. You would have been a Senior when I was freshman though, right? That makes you the Last class to be Redskins for all 4 years.

It's odd that that place is co-ed now. Haven't gone back to visit since the change.

Always good to meet an alum.

Last of the Redskins, that was the theme of our prom.

soxstarter
03-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Am going, but taking the kids also. Anyone know a good place to eat/drink afterwards where kids are okay too?

roylestillman
03-08-2006, 04:50 PM
First off try to stay on the east side of Western with the kids. Its the "dry" side away from the bars, and is a little less rowdy. After the parade, things aren't all that bad at restaurants, but I'd get away from the immediate area. Try Fox's in Oak Lawn or Palermo's on 95th.

As for my fellow Marist grads - never mind what year - no whizzin in the alley. Find a friend that is having a house party or use the porta potties that are spread along the route.

FRANK FORT
03-08-2006, 04:59 PM

I'm not sure if all the smiley faces mean you're joking or what. My point is not entirely about where people piss, it's about attitude. A busload from Durkin's, give me a break.

FRANK FORT
03-08-2006, 05:00 PM
All we need now is a bus from Bernie's!

Dolly
03-08-2006, 06:21 PM
White Sox entry is listed as #42 in the program published in the local Beverly Review. That puts it about 45 minutes into the parade.Did it say who will be accompanying it?

Half Cocked Jack
03-08-2006, 07:09 PM
What's the best way to get down there for a Northsider such as myself? Transitchicago.com says I should take the Red Line to 95th and then hop on the #103 Bus (103rd westbound). Is this accurate, or is there a better way?

Beer Can Chicken
03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
What's the best way to get down there for a Northsider such as myself? Transitchicago.com says I should take the Red Line to 95th and then hop on the #103 Bus (103rd westbound). Is this accurate, or is there a better way?
Metra - Rock Island. Then walk

russ99
03-08-2006, 07:24 PM

Take the Rock Island Metra train. It's a lot quicker. The stations are 4-6 blocks from Western. Catch it at LaSalle St. Station (LaSalle St. between Van Buren and Congress) These a blue line CTA stop (LaSalle) less than a block away.

Get off the train at 103rd, 107th or 111th(which is closer to Western.) When you get off the train, just go up the hill towards Western. A round-trip weekend ticket is $5.

The only drawback is that Metra Security nabs all liquor at the downtown station unless it's hidden really well.

soxinem1
03-08-2006, 07:26 PM

Tell them it is on 106th and Torrence!!! Then they'll never find their way back!!

russ99
03-08-2006, 07:27 PM
As for my fellow Marist grads - never mind what year - no whizzin in the alley. Find a friend that is having a house party or use the porta potties that are spread along the route.

As for my fellow Rice grads, it's still OK to beat up the Marist grads, but still no whizzin in the alley. :D:

Beer Can Chicken
03-08-2006, 07:30 PM
As for my fellow Rice grads, it's still OK to beat up the Marist grads, but still no whizzin in the alley. :D:

Mt. Carmel grads, like myself, actually use the portable washrooms. We also steal the women of Marist and Rice grads. :dtroll:

pooper
03-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Mt. Carmel grads, like myself, actually use the portable washrooms. We also steal the women of Marist and Rice grads. :dtroll:

St. Ignatius grads, like myself, also use the portable washrooms. We steal the jobs of Carmel, Marist and Rice grads, but are still too dorky to get any women.:(:

redsand22
03-08-2006, 10:05 PM

:gulp:What's up there! I grew up on the Southside, and went to your rival ;) Brother Rice. When'd you graduate? Looking forward to the parade!

TaquitoElGoocho
03-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Am going, but taking the kids also. Anyone know a good place to eat/drink afterwards where kids are okay too?

For good pizza, homemade soup, dirt cheap beer ($2 Heines....you'll never find that price up north!), and a kid-friendly, family restaurant visit Rosangela Pizza. It's an institution on the south side and very close to the parade route.

2807 1/2 W 95th St
Evergreen Park, IL 60805 Between Mozart and California on 95th St
(708) 422-2041

rocky biddle
03-09-2006, 12:01 AM

When I was at Mt. Carmel (Class of '94) we usually never made it out of the woods to go to the parade. Now me no drinky so thank God I don't have to wait in some never ending line for a port-a-john. I do remember paying like $5 to use one in Joe Bailey's parking lot a few years though.

skottyj242
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM
When I was at Mt. Carmel (Class of '94) we usually never made it out of the woods to go to the parade. Now me no drinky so thank God I don't have to wait in some never ending line for a port-a-john. I do remember paying like $5 to use one in Joe Bailey's parking lot a few years though.

skottyj242 sheds a tear over the passing of Joe Bailley's.....

sullythered
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM

We St. Laurence grads ('97) make sure to have friends with houses a couple blocks off of Western.

skottyj242
03-09-2006, 10:28 AM
We St. Laurence grads ('97) make sure to have friends with houses a couple blocks off of Western.

And score with chicks from Queen of Peace.

Uncle_Patrick
03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
skottyj242 sheds a tear over the passing of Joe Bailley's.....

That place was great. I was really bummed out when I heard it was gone.

Chip Z'nuff
03-09-2006, 10:48 AM
That place was great. I was really bummed out when I heard it was gone.

Bailey's was awesome, but I am looking forward to the new casual dining brewery (very Rock Bottom esque) they are building at 107th & western.

Baileys always said they were going to build new on the otherside of 109th in the parking lot. Liars!

skottyj242
03-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Bailey's was awesome, but I am looking forward to the new casual dining brewery (very Rock Bottom esque) they are building at 107th & western.

Baileys always said they were going to build new on the otherside of 109th in the parking lot. Liars!

They were not liars, the city (Ginger Rugai) took away their liquor license so they had no other choice. The place closed at midnight on New Years Day, they had to kick everyone out. I used to go there like four or five times a week, the whole staff thought they were going to re-build.

I haven't seen this place on Western yet, where is it exactly? Isn't that DiCola's?

Chip Z'nuff
03-09-2006, 11:01 AM
They were not liars, the city (Ginger Rugai) took away their liquor license so they had no other choice. The place closed at midnight on New Years Day, they had to kick everyone out. I used to go there like four or five times a week, the whole staff thought they were going to re-build.

I haven't seen this place on Western yet, where is it exactly? Isn't that DiCola's?
I can't remember the name of the place but they tore down an auto mechanic between di colas and the corner. It is supposed to be a 2 floor operation with a restaurant, bar and banquet hall

Hangar18
03-09-2006, 11:12 AM
When I was at Mt. Carmel (Class of '94) ...........

Some people may not realize this, but I was THISCLOSE to going to Mt. Carmel, but at the last second I didnt. I ended up at GWashington in Chicago instead. I always wondered .................

rocky biddle
03-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Some people may not realize this, but I was THISCLOSE to going to Mt. Carmel, but at the last second I didnt. I ended up at GWashington in Chicago instead. I always wondered .................

Looking back it was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. Who knows, I might have liked St. Rita, Marist, etc. just as much, but I recall with pride my years at MC. Now if only I didn't go to frickin' Eastern...

South Side Irish
03-09-2006, 12:30 PM
For food, try Mario's some of the best Mexican ever. It's at (old) Western and about 130th (?). It's right across the "river" in Blue Island. If you want to stay near the parade, check out Stadium Club. It's not family friendly (uh, bar), but my family does business with them, and it's a great, reasonably priced, fun bar.

Chip Z'nuff
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
If you want to stay near the parade, check out Stadium Club. It's not family friendly (uh, bar), but my family does business with them, and it's a great, reasonably priced, fun bar.
Great Burger too!

soxstarter
03-09-2006, 01:39 PM
For good pizza, homemade soup, dirt cheap beer ($2 Heines....you'll never find that price up north!), and a kid-friendly, family restaurant visit Rosangela Pizza. It's an institution on the south side and very close to the parade route.

2807 1/2 W 95th St
Evergreen Park, IL 60805 Between Mozart and California on 95th St
(708) 422-2041

That sounds perfect!!! Thanks:gulp:

Beautox
03-09-2006, 01:48 PM

woo go rice class of '04

redsand22
03-09-2006, 01:53 PM
We have the whole Catholic league represented pretty well here. I was class of '96 at Rice and coach there now.

Half Cocked Jack
03-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Metra - Rock Island. Then walk

Take the Rock Island Metra train. It's a lot quicker. The stations are 4-6 blocks from Western. Catch it at LaSalle St. Station (LaSalle St. between Van Buren and Congress) These a blue line CTA stop (LaSalle) less than a block away.

Get off the train at 103rd, 107th or 111th(which is closer to Western.) When you get off the train, just go up the hill towards Western. A round-trip weekend ticket is $5.

The only drawback is that Metra Security nabs all liquor at the downtown station unless it's hidden really well.

Thanks for the advice!

VIKINGS630
03-09-2006, 03:24 PM

Another St. Laurence grad here...(hence the user name)!!!! Class of '98

twentywontowin
03-09-2006, 03:52 PM
How strict have the cops gotten on busting the underage drinking part, or is it still a non-issue? Drunk high school freshmen isn't my idea of fun.

Beautox
03-10-2006, 02:08 AM
We have the whole Catholic league represented pretty well here. I was class of '96 at Rice and coach there now.

thats pretty cool, what do you coach?

Viva Medias B's
03-11-2006, 10:35 PM

Marist, Class of '88

I've never been to the South Side Irish Parade and will miss this year's event because of work. Does anyone know if it will be televised?

Joe Bailey's is gone, but the back wall of its little parking lot is still there with the sign painted on it.

SoxFan78
03-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Marist, Class of '88

I've never been to the South Side Irish Parade and will miss this year's event because of work. Does anyone know if it will be televised?

Joe Bailey's is gone, but the back wall of its little parking lot is still there with the sign painted on it.

I think Channel 7 is streaming the parade live on abc7chicago.com, and they are re-showing it at 11:30 tonight also.

Ditka311
03-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Marist class of '94. A buddy of mine just called and offered me $25 to bring a case of beer up there.

Was going to go but the captains were flowing too nicely during the pre-parade poker party last night. Kind of regret not going but i know the mess that is the South Side Irish parade.

havelj
03-12-2006, 03:55 PM
It is on http://abclocal.go.com/wls/ . The parade is in segments and the Trophy is right at the start of Part 6. Minnie has the hardware.

Of course right behind the Trophy is the greatest band in Chicago, the Marist High School Band.

(The Rice band got lost on their way to the parade and is stuck on Ashland heading north.)

http://re2.mm-b1.yimg.com/image/680965617

WSox8404
03-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Another St. Laurence grad here...(hence the user name)!!!! Class of '98

St. Laurence class of '02 here. Ah the memories.......the only person I don't miss is Dean Shaw. Man was he rough.

peeonwrigley
03-12-2006, 08:27 PM

There was a sign for a BrewPub type place (can't remember the exact name) in an empty lot along the parade route. I don't remember the exact location, either but it was somewhere between 103rd and 116th :cool:

I actually marched in the parade today, the route doesn't seem that long until you've finished and your post-party is back on 103rd.

Might as well note that this northsider did not pee in any alleys or on someone's house. I save that for Wrigley

jamokes
03-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Mendel class of '73.......but my sons went to Mt Carmel class of 99,01 & 03 the Notre Dame class of '03, 05 and 07!!

The trophy was great, too bad the cub fans I was with "didn't see it". cub fans just don't get it.:gulp: :gulp: :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
03-12-2006, 10:25 PM
There was a sign for a BrewPub type place (can't remember the exact name) in an empty lot along the parade route. I don't remember the exact location, either but it was somewhere between 103rd and 116th :cool:

I actually marched in the parade today, the route doesn't seem that long until you've finished and your post-party is back on 103rd.

Might as well note that this northsider did not pee in any alleys or on someone's house. I save that for Wrigley

I marched in the parade today, too. Who'd you march with? I was with the Weber Irish Dance school (one of my best friends teaches there) and we were #104 in the parade. I was wearing the bullpen fleece with the World Champions patch on the left sleeve and walked nearest the side of all the bars. Anyone spot me? :cool:

Garland_IS_God
03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey now...Marist Grad 2000!! Dont mess with Marist!

peeonwrigley
03-12-2006, 10:44 PM
I marched in the parade today, too. Who'd you march with? I was with the Weber Irish Dance school (one of my best friends teaches there) and we were #104 in the parade. I was wearing the bullpen fleece with the World Champions patch on the left sleeve and walked nearest the side of all the bars. Anyone spot me? :cool:
I've got a friend who is an Irish immigrant - we marched with a group trying to make its easier for them to gain citizenship. I was wearing the same shirt as everyone else in the group, and an 83 Sox hat.

I think we were #89... not sure though.

ChiSoxGirl
03-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I've got a friend who is an Irish immigrant - we marched with a group trying to make its easier for them to gain citizenship. I was wearing the same shirt as everyone else in the group, and an 83 Sox hat.

I think we were #89... not sure though.

I definitely didn't see you. :tongue: Any idea where in the parade you marched?

peeonwrigley
03-12-2006, 10:48 PM
I definitely didn't see you. :tongue: Any idea where in the parade you marched?

Um, we didn't even start moving until like 1:30 or 1:45. We were in the staging area near some HUGE dogs though, Irish wolfhounds I believe.

ChiSoxGirl
03-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Um, we didn't even start moving until like 1:30 or 1:45. We were in the staging area near some HUGE dogs though, Irish wolfhounds I believe.

We didn't move until 1:15 and we number 104 in line, so you must've been behind us. We were lined up on 103rd St. on the same side of the street as Cork & Kerry.

MeteorsSox4367
03-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Keeping the Catholic League theme going, I went to Rita (the real one on 63rd and Claremont) and work at DLS.

Proud to be a Meteor!

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Catholic League continued...

Quigley South, Class of 86. Couldn't go to the parade due to a car accident but it's become amateur hour, so I am quite certain I didn't miss much(BESIDES the parade itself). You know it's bad when you wish the weather was colder to cut down on the drinking.

SOecks
03-13-2006, 09:33 AM
I got some good pics yesterday but somehow missed the trophy and am so mad about it. Did anybody see the one float catch fire? It happened right in front of the place I was at. Got some good pics, it was funny. I think it was a politician's float too. Not a good campaign omen if you ask me.

skottyj242
03-13-2006, 10:31 AM
I got really, really, really, really drunk, and that's all I'll say.

chisoxmike
03-13-2006, 11:05 AM
We didn't move until 1:15 and we number 104 in line, so you must've been behind us. We were lined up on 103rd St. on the same side of the street as Cork & Kerry.

Wow, I totally missed you then. My friends and I were set right in front of Cork for the parade. A fellow WSIer, Tony 1972, came up to me and intoduced himself. Nice to meet another Sox freak.

ChiSoxGirl
03-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Wow, I totally missed you then. My friends and I were set right in front of Cork for the parade. A fellow WSIer, Tony 1972, came up to me and intoduced himself. Nice to meet another Sox freak.

I looked for you and was actually going to text you to let you know I was in the parade, but figured you'd be in Cork & Kerry, not outside of it. :cool:

chisoxmike
03-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I looked for you and was actually going to text you to let you know I was in the parade, but figured you'd be in Cork & Kerry, not outside of it. :cool:

**** no I wasn't. They were charging $10 at the door and then you'd pay more for booze in the bar! Seeing that I was at Cork the night before and paid nothing to get in, my friends and I bought a case and drank it on Western and enjoyed the parade. Good times had by all.

ChiSoxGirl
03-13-2006, 11:38 AM
**** no I wasn't. They were charging $10 at the door and then you'd pay more for booze in the bar! Seeing that I was at Cork the night before and paid nothing to get in, my friends and I bought a case and drank it on Western and enjoyed the parade. Good times had by all.

I didn't know they have a cover charge on SS Irish Parade day! :o: It isn't enough that they open several hours earlier than usual and probably have many more patrons?

Sounds like you took a page out of the SoxFest book in terms of the beer. :wink:

areilly
03-13-2006, 11:51 AM
I got a cool t-shirt from XRT at the parade. On the front is a design similar to the Sox mid-80's logo (the white lettering on the blue background with the two red stripes above and below), except it says 'XRT' instead of 'SOX.' On the back is the following:

SMALL BALL.
LONG BALL.
WON IT ALL.

Not bad for the low, low price of $0. :cool:

skottyj242
03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
I didn't know they have a cover charge on SS Irish Parade day! :o: It isn't enough that they open several hours earlier than usual and probably have many more patrons?

Sounds like you took a page out of the SoxFest book in terms of the beer. :wink:

You have to remember that not only do they open early but they have to close early too, I'm pretty sure they shut them down at five so they lose a nights revenue, they have to make up for that somehow.

Law11
03-13-2006, 12:19 PM
I know Ive been going to the parade for years when now I'm n the family side of the street with my niece instead of the other side with all the folks knocking back more than a few..

Keeping the Catholic schools thing going..
Chicago Prep not Cath league... Quigley South 87

russ99
03-13-2006, 12:45 PM
I know Ive been going to the parade for years when now I'm n the family side of the street with my niece instead of the other side with all the folks knocking back more than a few..

I love the "other" side for the sheer freakiness of it all and of course the public boozing (a 4 pack of Guinness for me) especially in the alley off Western after the parade. Lots of fun this year, but it got a little chilly at the end for those that weren't too plastered to feel it.

Also, I saw lots of cool "I live on the Soxside" t-shirts. Does anyone know where to get these?

soxfan13
03-13-2006, 12:51 PM
You have to remember that not only do they open early but they have to close early too, I'm pretty sure they shut them down at five so they lose a nights revenue, they have to make up for that somehow.

Cork always charged a cover when the parade started. They do close at 6 but a friend that used to manage Cork said they made more then enough during the time open and are actually closed for a couple of days after the parade

chisoxmike
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I love the "other" side for the sheer freakiness of it all and of course the public boozing (a 4 pack of Guinness for me) especially in the alley off Western after the parade. Lots of fun this year, but it got a little chilly at the end for those that weren't too plastered to feel it.

Also, I saw lots of cool "I live on the Soxside" t-shirts. Does anyone know where to get these?

No, I would've like to get one of those. There were guys selling a lot of green World Champs t-shirts that they probably ran off that morning.

Chip Z'nuff
03-13-2006, 01:09 PM

There is a little trophy shop called G&L Trophies and Gifts next to Quigleys on 111th st. Back Says I live on the Soxside front says, SoxSide Irish

skottyj242
03-13-2006, 02:07 PM
There is a little trophy shop called G&L Trophies and Gifts next to Quigleys on 111th st. Back Says I live on the Soxside front says, SoxSide Irish

Went in there yesterday and they were pretty much out of all of them (at least large and x-large) but I was told they would be in today. I think they're sixteen bucks.

Law11
03-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Went in there yesterday and they were pretty much out of all of them (at least large and x-large) but I was told they would be in today. I think they're sixteen bucks.

Thanks for the heads up.. Ive been to that place. Its been a while though.
back when riley's was there..

Heading down to Oak Lawn this weekend, I'll have to stop in..