PDA

View Full Version : Core of the Core at OAKLAND in Sept

ode to veeck
03-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Core of the Core at OAKLAND in Sept

I've been having an email discussion with the A's on options for a WSI get together at one of the Sox games in Oakland in Sept (fri-sun 9/15/16/17).
Friday is a night game and Sat and Sun are day games with 1:05PM PDT starts.

Luxury boxes for all three games are still currently available: an 18 seater is $1350 and a 20 seater is $1500 or $75 per attendee either way. Additionally, standing room seats in either box would be an additional $35/ticket. This would be a way cool way for a SF Bay Area WSI family and friends get together. Who knows, maybe we'd even get some additional WSI road warriors from around the country who wanted to put a Oakland Coliseum notch on their visited MLB ballparks Sox hat. Sept is typically some of the warmest weather in the SF Bay Area (still a heck of a lot nicer than Chicago in August!).

Alternately, we could get a group rate for field level seats on groups of 25 or more. For the Saturday date, they have a special where they can offer us the $30/seat field level seats for $20 each. Again, we'd need to purchase 25 or more to qualify. These seats would be in sections 101-108 or 126-133 to qualify for the discount. http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/oak/ticketing/premium_seating_map.jsp If we ordered quickly we could get the best of these right above the Sox bullpen in the near right field seats, which are available today. These seats would be in the sun all afternoon.

These luxury suites and ticket plans are not going to be available very long, so what I need from all of you left coast WSIers and road warriors is an indication of interest. How many of you would be willing to fork out $75 for a luxury suite seat at the WSI Core of the Core at Oakland party or how many would be interested in a group rate for the field level seats on Saturday?

Please respond ASAP as getting to critical mass sooner would enable getting much better seats or a better suite. I'll belly up to the bar and commit to 8 seats for my extended family for openers ... anybody want to raise me? I may be prepared to go higher, but someone's got to get into the game to make it happen!

Respond with interest level (how many seats) & preferred dates & seat types to this thread ASAP!

MODS PLEASE STICK!!!!

ode to veeck
03-06-2006, 06:59 PM
that was quick!! thx mods--Ode

shaunburnette
03-06-2006, 07:00 PM
My wife and I are in for basically anything that we can coordinate. I've already purchased 2 pretty good tickets for the Friday game but would also like to attend Saturday and Sunday. Especially since its the only series out here all year. Count me in, I think the luxury box would be great. If you need any help with organizing this thing also PM me and let me know.

Respond with interest level (how many seats) & preferred dates & seat types to this thread ASAP!

ode to veeck
03-06-2006, 07:06 PM
My wife and I are in for basically anything that we can coordinate. I've already purchased 2 pretty good tickets for the Friday game but would also like to attend Saturday and Sunday. Especially since its the only series out here all year. Count me in, I think the luxury box would be great. If you need any help with organizing this thing also PM me and let me know.

Cool, I've got 10, do I hear 12? Luxury box sounds great!

I wonder if the A's would let me drive in one of my New Braunfels Black Diamond Smokers on the back of my pick up for tailgating before the game??? :redneck

shaunburnette
03-06-2006, 07:08 PM
I wonder if the A's would let me drive in one of my New Braunfels Black Diamond Smokers on the back of my pick up for tailgating before the game??? :redneck

That beats my mini Webber!

PaleHoseGeorge
03-06-2006, 07:13 PM
LOL! Core of the Core in OAKLAND? Hey, that's tempting fate!!!
:wink:

:gun :hitless
"Don't worry. Manuel is gone and we aren't batting #8 and #9 anymore!"

Actually, I would have to invent an excuse for traveling to SF for this one.
:thumbsup:

ode to veeck
03-06-2006, 07:18 PM
LOL! Core of the Core in OAKLAND? Hey, that's tempting fate!!!
:wink:

:gun :hitless
"Don't worry. Manuel is gone and we aren't batting #8 and #9 anymore!"

Actually, I would have to invent an excuse for traveling to SF for this one.
:thumbsup:

For you George, we'd have that suckling pig on the smoker! Maybe you could call it a biz trip, market research for some of the microbrews out here :cool:

Daver
03-06-2006, 07:29 PM
that was quick!! thx mods--Ode

Your welcome.

:redneck

Fuller_Schettman
03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm in for 2. Doesn't matter where to me. I cannot do Saturday though.

Note: I attended only 1 game last year. Garland beat Saarloos 4-2 on July 2.

Kroozah
03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Put me down for 2 anywhere, any day.

ode to veeck
03-06-2006, 09:02 PM
If we do Sunday's day game for an 18 seater, that gets us to 16!
(Fuller can't make it on Saturday)

a few more and we'll be into uncharted standing room only territory!:?:

Scottiehaswheels
03-06-2006, 09:35 PM
I'd love to join ya but I got tix for sat/sun 2 rows behind the Sox dugout.... Come down and say hello!

ode to veeck
03-06-2006, 09:59 PM
I'd love to join ya but I got tix for sat/sun 2 rows behind the Sox dugout.... Come down and say hello!

see ya during BP!

ondafarm
03-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Count me in!!!

ode to veeck
03-06-2006, 11:19 PM
OK, I'm emailing the A's rep back that we want the best available luxury box for Sunday's game. 18 vs 20 seats is probably less of an issue vs best viewing position of the game and suite amenities (e.g., the 18 seaters might have a private bathroom). If we get to overflow attendance, we can always go for some standing room tickets in the luxury box for flexibility.

patbooyah
03-07-2006, 12:11 AM
put me down for two. i'll pay for luxury box, but it might be more fun to just sit general admission in a chunk.

i trust you oaklanders, though

ode to veeck
03-07-2006, 08:48 AM
put me down for two. i'll pay for luxury box, but it might be more fun to just sit general admission in a chunk.

i trust you oaklanders, though

One road Warrior signed up for two tix! Maybe we could have a road warrior distance contest! We've got 400 miles, do I hear 700? 1500? What should the winner get? a WSI T-shirt? free tix? ... enquiring minds want to know

ode to veeck
03-07-2006, 02:04 PM
what are peoples thoughts on the following choice:

We could probably get you a pretty good 18 or 20 seater for that game behind the white sox bullpen somewhere. I'd say that would be your best option. The suites with their own bathrooms are good , but some of the oufield is obstructed. You guys sound like good baseball fans, so I'm thinking that may bother some folks in your crowd.

I actually think with a lot of couples the private bathroom would be a prioirity vs partial outfield obstruction, now an infield obstruction would be unacceptable, but in any case please provide your feedback to me

shaunburnette
03-07-2006, 02:26 PM
The private bathroom would be pretty nice. I am still pretty open though. I just like the idea of getting all of the Bay Area and Road Warriors together for the Oakland outing. Whatever we can coordinate, I am down for (+1).

Berwyn Boy
03-07-2006, 06:11 PM
If it's not too late, please put me down for two. Either scenario sounds good!

ode to veeck
03-07-2006, 07:58 PM
If it's not too late, please put me down for two. Either scenario sounds good!

Berwyn Boy, you're a long way from Cermak aren't you!. Welcome to WSI!

Yep, I can put you down for two. Talking to the A's rep this eveing it seemed the 20 seater without the private bathroom was a better location, likely 1st level suite above the Sox pen down RF line vs the 18 seater in CF at the base of Mt Davis. I should have a contract in my email from them in the next couple of days and I can OK the final selection then (they're running a couple of days behind on orders right now).

:gun

"Will PHG be able to see my .089 BA from there?"

DieTrying79
03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Ode, simply put, you are THE MAN for organizing this! Please put me down for 1 ticket for Friday and Saturday, and 2 for Sunday.

Now off to post more about Farm's get together!

Welcome, BEEERRRRRRWWWWYYYNNNN!

ode to veeck
03-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Ode, simply put, you are THE MAN for organizing this! Please put me down for 1 ticket for Friday and Saturday, and 2 for Sunday.

Now off to post more about Farm's get together!

Welcome, BEEERRRRRRWWWWYYYNNNN!

uhhh dye tryan, we're doing the luxury boxes for sunday only, the rest of the games will just be tailgate parties, but i got you down for two on sunday

now I'm just waiting on the email contract from the A's to see what we got, location wise

longshot7
03-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I'd love to make the trip too - when would I have to get you the cash for the tix?

minastirith67
03-08-2006, 08:21 PM
I'd love to go.

DieTrying79
03-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I've been having an email discussion with the A's on options for a WSI get together at one of the Sox games in Oakland in Sept (fri-sun 9/15/16/17).

Hey Ode, maybe it would help if I slowed down and read a little more clearly, huh?! What can I say, I was excited! :D: I'm looking forward to meeting you at Farm's on Opening Night.

Minas, did you just move to San Jose? Weren't you in the LA area prior to that?

ondafarm
03-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Subject to my earlier post, put me down for three tickets to the Sunday game. I'm hoping we are in the 20-seater box (if two have seats and one is SRO, that's okay.) Two of my kin will be flying out to see the game (probably the season ticket holders.) Are we tailgating the other two games?

Meanwhile, do I have some rough count for guests on April 2nd?

ode to veeck
03-09-2006, 11:27 PM
I'd love to make the trip too - when would I have to get you the cash for the tix?

anytime before they're the last seats to get paid for, kinda like two guys running from a rabid starving lion, you just have to be faster than the other human :o:

ode to veeck
03-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Holy Cow, at this rate, PHG's seats may be in the 2nd luxury suite!
White Sock does one of the best Harry impressions, maybe we'll have him as special "guest Sox play by play"

ode to veeck
03-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Subject to my earlier post, put me down for three tickets to the Sunday game. I'm hoping we are in the 20-seater box (if two have seats and one is SRO, that's okay.) Two of my kin will be flying out to see the game (probably the season ticket holders.) Are we tailgating the other two games?

Meanwhile, do I have some rough count for guests on April 2nd?

I'm still figuring out how to make travel arrangements for Wendy and I to head down to Phoenix for some engineering reivews I have there late next week, hook up with our immediate family in Phoenix, plus sister and brother-in-laws in town from Chicago corral some of the above's hectic schedules & synch somehow into some of us for a day drip on Sat to Tuscon (Mom loves baseball) for MarySwiss WSI Cubs at Sox get together that Sat

... April 2nd ... that's light years away ... if the rainly season is finally gone by then, I could haul a smoker up on the pick-up for a BBQ :cheers:

ode to veeck
03-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Is my count right 27 plus whatever ministirith67 and longshot 7 and PHG want??

Maybe we can convince fenway to give up beantown and just stay here all season (he's here in SF right now) ... just to be there for the Core of Core in Oakland in Sept! He could still see Frank all season!

ode to veeck
03-11-2006, 09:58 AM
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/oak/ballpark/seating_chart.jsp

I just got the contract in the email from the A's

Click on loge seating block '12' in red on the right hand side of the diagram and get a view from our luxury box, right field side above the Sox pen. In the pdf of the contract I got, it says 18 seats, so I'm gonna call and see if we did get a private bathroom after all, as well as understand how and when I can add extra standing room only seats, which it looks like we'll clearly need! I couldn't figure out how to grab the photo and paste it here, cause it worked through flash media on the athletics web site.

I told White Sock about this and he was totally psyched and will get the time off from work that day with his new bride to join us.

AuroraSoxFan
03-14-2006, 11:31 AM
I'd definitely be interested. I'd purchase 2 to 4 tix if possible. I will check with some people and get back to you all soon. Thanks.

Brian

ode to veeck
03-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Well,

We ended up with an 18 seater above the Sox pen and the limit I have is for SRO seats at $35 each is 6, so we have room for 24 total, a number somewhat less than the requests at this point. The A's said it will be some time before the tix get to me, as the game is not until Sept. I can reduce my order by four which will help a little, but we may need to make some other adjustments as well ...

Mike

Fuller_Schettman
03-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Since I made the mistake of not requesting 2 extra seats for my kids and because it seems like there is more pressure on the demand side of the equation, I am going to go ahead and rescind my previous request for 2 seats. If that is not ok, please let me know...

Thanks!

ondafarm
03-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Any count on my Opening Night viewing this coming Sunday?

PM me for address, directions and/or phone number.

SFCASoxFan
04-11-2006, 10:45 PM
This is great! Count me in for one ticket, I might post back with a request for more. I'd like Saturday and Sunday if possible.

SFCASoxFan
04-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Well, I guess I should have read the entire thread before posting. I got so excited about the tix that I just hit "reply". I'll just keep an eye out to know what's going on.

voodoochile
04-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Ode and everyone else.

I am unsticking this thread tonight when I get home.

Ode, please bookmark it so you can recall it as needed.

Everyone else, please direct your inquiries to Ode, unless he specifies otherwise in the next 12 hours.

Thanks.

richb2
04-27-2006, 10:25 PM
what was the final count? I plan at being at all 3 games bummer they are only here once this year-----tail gate at all the games?

ode to veeck
05-23-2006, 08:58 AM
UPDATE ON C-O-T-C OAKLAND

I finally heard back from the A's this week after pestering them about when I'd get the tickets for the luxury box for the Sox visit in Sept. As mentioned before, we have an 18 seat box plus the option of buying an additional 6 standing room tix (we're taking all 6). I will be receiving the tickets in about 4-6 more weeks or somewhere near the end of June. Don't ask me why, but that's when they send 'em.

While there was initially more demand than we have seats, I have reduced the # coming from my extended family to enable more WSI attendees. Once I receive the tix a month from now, I will have Voodoo or another mod re-stick this thread and begin distributing tix at face value in the order and by the original count WSI members expressed interest. I expect not everyone will take the option to buy them for some reason or another and so I think it's hard to predict what the actual availability is going to be at this point.

Stay tuned and look for the stuck thread and PMs around mid-summer on this. That's all I know for now.

ode to veeck
06-30-2006, 08:45 AM
UPDATE on Core of the Core Oakland, volume 10

It looks like by the fat envelope I just got from the A's that the COTC-OAKLAND tickets have finally arrived and that "sometime in June" that the A's office promised they would arrive is like the last day of the month.

I will begin distributing these shortly in the following manner. All folks that have expressed any interest will be getting email / PM from me over the holiday weekend. I will give folks opportunities for these tix in the order of original expressed interest, posts, responses and emails I originally received. Once I post their availability to folks, they'll have two weeks to respond & reimburse my face value costs. I am reducing the # I am taking for my family to make more available to WSI interested parties. As more tix become available (6 standing room seats in the luxury box or people passing on their opportunity), I will move down the list to the next interested party or upside request for additional tix. I also may have some other seats available for the weekend series in Oakland if people are interested--I need to re-check my previous purchases here.

IN ANY CASE, PLEASE STAY TUNED, the WSI COTCO tix are about to be doled out.

ode to veeck
07-13-2006, 04:31 PM
I apologize, but contacting everyone to distribute the tix has been delayed by White Sock's imprending wedding this week Look to hear from me sometime in the next two weeks. Sorry for the delay

rick smeitz
07-16-2006, 10:29 PM
yup

MrKinsella
07-30-2006, 07:13 PM
looks like I missed a spot in the box by about a month. What are peoples tailgaiting plans for the friday game Id love to hang with some other sox fans.

MrRoboto83
08-14-2006, 07:35 AM
I'd be interested in any left over tickets if you have any left.

patbooyah
08-29-2006, 08:02 PM
yeah, i never got a PM, but i would be down for saturday or maybe even sunday still.

ode to veeck
09-13-2006, 06:39 PM
We still have some tix left not only for the CORE OF THE CORE OAKLAND extravaganza on Sunday, but also some of us have seats avail for other games as well. It should be a great party and I will post the location of our planned BBQ/tailgating in the parking lot in the next day or so once I check out a couple of things with the A's office.

I think Wendy's gonna kill me but I am looking to bring one of the big smokers up on the pick up for tailgating ahead of the game on Sunday, planning to arrive 2.5 hours ahead of time when they open the lots. Come out and help us cheer the Sox on as they mow down the A's this weekend and come from behind on the Kittens and Twinkies! LAMike reports there's a Bradley U tailgaiting going on Sunday, and Farm reminded me there's also a U of C alumni get together at one of the games as well.

If anyone is interested in face value tix, not only for Sunday, but other days as well, email me, PM me or post in the appropriate forum (which is NOT here). I am also pre-ordering food and bev packages for the suite on Sunday.

Ode
mjrodge2@sbcglobal.net
(650)279-7903 (cell)

Fuller_Schettman
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
I got free tix behind home plate from work, so I'm bringing my daughter. I'd love to hook up at the tailgate deal though!

WhiteSox1983
09-13-2006, 11:06 PM
I was just at freddy's excellent game in anaheim, and i want to go to a A's Sox game now.... so sunday is the official bbq? I might have to try and make that.....

MrRoboto83
09-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Me and Scottiehaswheels will be out there for the entire series if anyone wants to meet up shoot me a PM.

KempersRS
09-14-2006, 03:44 PM
I will be at tomorrow night's game. Anybody doing any tailgating or having pre-game drinks anywhere?

ode to veeck
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
For Friday's (tonight's) game, a buddy of mine and I have Plaza Club seats, sec 214 R5, S7-8. These seats include a free meal in the West Side Club which is where we'll likely be the whole game. I typically wait list for one of the tables in the windows to open up and just watch the whole game there; we just keep eating and drinking until the 7th when service ends and pressure ends to move out. We'll be hanging out somewhere in the Westside Club from when the gates open throughout the game, likely hanging at the bar somewhere until we get a table in the 1st two rows by the windows somewhere. I'll be wearing a WSI "Hell Ya I'm a Sox Fan!" T-shirt and one of my many Sox hats.

For Saturday's game, I've got a single MVP seat close fairly in (Sec119 R17 S11) just behind 3rd base side on deck circle, from where I'll be taking some game photos. According to LAMike, The Bradley U Tailgating party will begin at 10:45 in the parking lot B in tailgating area #7 (look for the Bradley Banner). I'll be stopping there ahead of the gates opening an hour before game time and then hanging out near the Sox dugout until 30 min before game time. Again, I'll be wearing a WSI t-shirt and Sox hat and carrying a barely meets Coliseum specs (16"x16"x8") camera bag.

For Sunday's game I will post our WSI Core of the Core Oakland BBQ and Tailgating location in this thread once I close on the details later this morning.

ode to veeck
09-15-2006, 03:21 PM
COTC Oakland Tailgating Info for Sunday:

We'll be serving Carolina style pulled pork and cole slaw sandwiches to any and all WSI members and Sox fans and their guests on Sunday in Parking Lot B near the front of the lot (closest to the stadium) from about 10:30AM when the lot opens until 12:00 noon when the gates open for the game.

Please BYOB for the tailgating, but I will have a large cooler available.

I will try to but won't guarantee that we'll have a WSI sign (if I get time to create one in photoshop and print it out on my Epson 96k). I will be driving a maroon '89 Ford Ranger or '88 Mustang.

ode to veeck
09-15-2006, 05:17 PM
TAILGATING FOR FRIDAY's GAME

My buddy Woody and I will be tailgating near the front of lot B in a silver Chrysler '94 Town & Country mini-van from about 4:30 when the lots open until 1 hour before game time tonight. We're leaving shortly from the peninsula ... our reservation for the westside club came in after all, lower level, one row off the glass at 7PM. We'll probably be there most of the game. Again, I'll be wearing a WSI T-Shirt and a silver '06 Sox spring training hat.

Ode

LuvSox
09-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Me and Scottiehaswheels will be out there for the entire series if anyone wants to meet up shoot me a PM.

We want pictures, who is the photographer for COTC-OAK?

I quoted Roboto because the Region guys are most likely to steal a camera. :D:

ode to veeck
09-16-2006, 08:35 PM
There is still one ticket left for the COTC-Oakland seats in the suite tomorrow, but we won't give it to anyone from the bullpen. It could go at any time though.

Updated logistics for tomorrow AM:

TAILGATING 10-11:30AM
Silver Chrysler Town & Country Mini-van in Parking lot B just outside Gate C, 2nd row of cars (1st row past the handicapped parking). BBQ pulled pork and coles slaw sandwiches are served, but BYOB for beverages or other snacks. We'll have a large cooler with extra space available but it could empty quick. All WSI, Sox fans and their guests are welcome.

IN THE PARK: Gates Open ~11:30. Sox BP, fielding practice should be going on from 11:30AM or so.

IN THE SUITE: Pre-ordered food and beverages are ready in the suite from when the gates open.

See Everyone There!