01-11-2002, 08:27 PM
For what it's worth.

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/teams/whitesox/

Paulwny
01-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by daver
For what it's worth.

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/teams/whitesox/
The team might have an interest in trading for Yankees righthander Orlando “El Duque” Hernandez if he is still available late in spring training.

I don't believe it. Plain insanity !!!!!!!!

Jerry_Manuel
01-11-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I don't believe it. Plain insanity !!!!!!!!

That's just speculation from the writer. I wouldn't put much stock into it Paul.

Daver
01-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Ummm....

I did say for what it's worth.

Paulwny
01-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That's just speculation from the writer. I wouldn't put much stock into it Paul.

80% of rumors have some fact behind them. I don't like this.

czalgosz
01-11-2002, 08:37 PM
They are right about the bullpen being a mess last season. El Suque would be a big mistake, but I'm surprised they aren't going to talk to Simas.

Jerry_Manuel
01-11-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
They are right about the bullpen being a mess last season. El Suque would be a big mistake, but I'm surprised they aren't going to talk to Simas.

I think they would rather give that spot to one of the younger guys. Either that or he pulled a Lowe and ticked off Williams and or Manuel.

Jerry_Manuel
01-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
80% of rumors have some fact behind them. I don't like this.

I disagree but if something happens I'll worry about it then.

Daver
01-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

They can't make an offer to Simas till May 1st.

cornball
01-11-2002, 10:25 PM
A stud starter will help the bullpen but "the duke" is not the answer. I believe in the kids but not too many at one time. Think title...tough to do sometimes....hahaha

duke of dorwood
01-11-2002, 10:46 PM
:walk

They called me a power pitcher.

:moron

That's why I work here

doublem23
01-11-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:walk

They called me a power pitcher.

Well, for the record, Howry's pitches are hit really hard.

duke of dorwood
01-11-2002, 10:48 PM
The Yankmees are sure to dump El Duque. I heard that a Pedro Astacio is not getting many offers, and usually only 1 year deals. Does anyone think he can help?

Daver
01-11-2002, 10:50 PM
The Yankmees are sure to dump El Duque. I heard that a Pedro Astacio is not getting many offers, and usually only 1 year deals. Does anyone think he can help?

He would do a lot for adding to the team ERA.

doublem23
01-11-2002, 10:53 PM

I doubt it... Astacio's nothing special (http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/astacpe01.shtml), IMO... we're better off throwing a young pitcher there and using that money somewhere else... not that KW is allowed to spend money anyways...