PDA

View Full Version : Idiot's Guide to MLB

skottyj242
03-06-2006, 03:02 PM
I think the guy that wrote this article is and idiot. ESPN realizes the White Sox won the World Series last year don't they? Not one mention of them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neel/060306

mjharrison72
03-06-2006, 03:08 PM
*yawn*

ondafarm
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM
He does mention the White Sox, as if in passing in the Cardinals section. Apart from the Flubs, everyone he dissects is in Florida. This is typical bird-bath depth stuff that passes for sportswriting these days. ESPN and the web at least doubled the number of positions for people who could make a living writing about sports, but the quality never went up.

ma-gaga
03-06-2006, 03:43 PM
This is typical bird-bath depth stuff that passes for sportswriting these days. ESPN and the web at least doubled the number of positions for people who could make a living writing about sports, but the quality never went up.

You guys are bashing the wrong guy. This is one of the few good (free) writers left at ESPN. I don't have any love for what they've become, but this writer is one of the exceptions to the system.

There's some "love" for the W.Sox in the Yankee section as well.

:gulp:

DSpivack
03-06-2006, 04:17 PM
The article is on questions for contenders in the upcoming season. The White Sox have none.

ondafarm
03-06-2006, 04:41 PM
The article is on questions for contenders in the upcoming season. The White Sox have none.

I disagree.

How will the Uribe/ Iguchi switch pan out?

Anderson in CF and hitting ML pitching?

SP health?

6 SPs for 5 SP spots?

Thome's elbow?

Crede, first half or playoff run?

Ditto for Pods?

Sox lived and died on the long ball last year. Can they keep that up?

Will the departure of Harris, Perez and Blum handicap the Sox against righties?