PDA

View Full Version : Core of the Core Flyer Out

Soxheads
03-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Just recieved from Kurt. The flyer is too big to upload here, so I'll link to the one I uploaded on Soxtalk.

I know Hal and I hope we've got a big turnout.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4899

Garland_IS_God
03-06-2006, 12:57 PM
I already bought my tix for that game through the Ozzie Plan. This is great cause last year I couldnt make it!! See you guys there.

I got a question though. The Bullpen Bar opens 2 hours before the game correct? I been there before but never that early. Do you need anything to show the people at the gates inorder to get in there early...like a pass?

Iwritecode
03-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I dont know why it posted 3 times??

I think you can delete them. Just click on edit and it's an option.

itsnotrequired
03-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Just recieved from Kurt. The flyer is too big to upload here, so I'll link to the one I uploaded on Soxtalk.

I know Hal and I hope we've got a big turnout.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4899

Thanks for the link! IIRC, Kurt is only holding 300 spots so the demand should be pretty decent. As such, I have already faxed my order in.

Do I win a prize for being first?:redneck

MUsoxfan
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
I already bought my tix for that game through the Ozzie Plan. This is great cause last year I couldnt make it!! See you guys there.

I got a question though. The Bullpen Bar opens 2 hours before the game correct? I been there before but never that early. Do you need anything to show the people at the gates inorder to get in there early...like a pass?

I too bought those tix via my Ozzie Plan. However, I may give them away so I can go to the COTC which I missed last year. Plus, as Hawk would say....I LOOOOVE Patio Parties.

As far as getting into the Bullpen Sports Bar when the gates open, just make sure you have a valid ID that says you're 21 years of age

IggyD
03-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Anyone else notice the comment at the bottom....

itsnotrequired
03-06-2006, 01:15 PM
I too bought those tix via my Ozzie Plan. However, I may give them away so I can go to the COTC which I missed last year. Plus, as Hawk would say....I LOOOOVE Patio Parties.

I'm a full-season ticket holder and even I'm not passing this up. Dumping my other ticket shouldn't be a big deal.

itsnotrequired
03-06-2006, 01:15 PM

It means you have to have more than 189 posts at the time the flyer was made available.:wink:

LuvSox
03-06-2006, 01:20 PM

It said that last year too

skottyj242
03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Has anyone faxed it yet? I am about to try, how do you know they got it?

IggyD
03-06-2006, 01:26 PM
It means you have to have more than 189 posts at the time the flyer was made available.:wink: shouldn't that be in TEAL?

IggyD
03-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Smaller file size version...with WSI friendly comment edit.
Core Of Core.pdf
(http://z13.zupload.com/file.php?filepath=34778)

itsnotrequired
03-06-2006, 01:35 PM
shouldn't that be in TEAL?

Eh, I figured the wink would be clear enough. You have just demonstrated your bandwagon status!

:D:

IggyD
03-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Eh, I figured the wink would be clear enough. You have just demonstrated your bandwagon status!

:D:

lol...and I painted it red too:dtroll:

dakuda
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I called group sales, and was able to get just patio party tickets for that game, since I already have game seats. She seemed confused, but I finally got her to understand enough to get the tickets taken care of.

TornLabrum
03-06-2006, 03:56 PM
I called group sales, and was able to get just patio party tickets for that game, since I already have game seats. She seemed confused, but I finally got her to understand enough to get the tickets taken care of.

I'm trying to get in touch with Kurt regarding that matter, too, but so far he's been away from his phone all afternoon.

TornLabrum
03-06-2006, 04:27 PM
I just heard from Kurt, and he answered a couple of my questions.

1) Please do not try to phone in orders. Phones are ringing off the hook as it is, so please either fax or mail in your flyer.

2) The discounted price for a patio ticket if you already have a ticket to the game is $30.00. If you email Kurt (see below), he'll get you into the right channels.

3) If you have any other questions that Alex (Soxheads) or I can't answer, please email Kurt Hasenbalg: khasenbalg@chisox.com.

dakuda
03-06-2006, 04:51 PM
I just heard from Kurt, and he answered a couple of my questions.

2) The discounted price for a patio ticket if you already have a ticket to the game is $30.00. If you email Kurt (see below), he'll get you into the right channels.
That is what I paid. I must've called during a lull, the call was answered immediately by a rep.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
The check is in the mail. :D:

TornLabrum
03-06-2006, 04:53 PM
The check is in the mail. :D:

Hey, you're lucky! I'm off work, so I won't be able to fax in my order until tomorrow!

chisoxfanatic
03-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Do we have to pay the handling fee of $5, since this group outing will most definitely consist of more than 19 people?

I'll get the order form in the mail tomorrow.

TornLabrum
03-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Do we have to pay the handling fee of $5, since this group outing will most definitely consist of more than 19 people?

I'll get the order form in the mail tomorrow.

If by "we" you're talking about each of us who order tickets, yes. If you have a group of like 20 yourself, email Kurt about that. If all the tickets were going to one place, it would be different but here, the Sox are sending the tickets to individuals and small groups within the larger group.

pearso66
03-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Just faxed my order in, for myself, my brother and my girlfriend, all of us are members here, although I am the only one who posts on a consistant basis

ChiSoxGirl
03-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I downloaded and printed the form this afternoon and will be mailing it in within the next day or two!

chisoxmike
03-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Already in the mail.

Taliesinrk
03-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who put this together... (I just faxed in my order form)... This is the first time in about 2 weeks I haven't felt depressed from having to stop playing baseball this season..

Risk
03-07-2006, 02:24 PM
I already faxed mine in. Best thing I've done in an otherwise lousy week.

Risk

CLR01
03-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I already faxed mine in. Best thing I've done in an otherwise lousy week.

Risk

:gulp::cheers::drunken:

itsnotrequired
03-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Hal, any idea when the tickets will be mailed out?

MarySwiss
03-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who put this together... (I just faxed in my order form)... This is the first time in about 2 weeks I haven't felt depressed from having to stop playing baseball this season..

Second that! Thanks, guys!:D:

chisoxfanatic
03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
It's in the mail. I cannot wait for this! Last year's was a blast. This should be yet another blast! :bandance:

TornLabrum
03-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Hal, any idea when the tickets will be mailed out?
I don't remember how far in advance they mailed them last year. My guest would be after the April 21 deadline, though.

BTW, I faxed mine in a little after 7:00 this morning.

ChiSoxGirl
03-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Mine is all set to go in the mail tomorrow! Looking forward to even more good times with my fellow WSIers! :bandance:

chisoxfanatic
03-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Mine is all set to go in the mail tomorrow! Looking forward to even more good times with my fellow WSIers! :bandance:

Do you want to set the over/under on how many people sit in their actual seats, or should I? :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
03-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Do you want to set the over/under on how many people sit in their actual seats, or should I? :cool:

Funny you should mention this. I had thought of corroborating with some of you guys to see if we could all get tickets together, but then remembered that no one sat in their "assigned seat" last time, so why should Core of the Core II be any different? :cool:

chisoxfanatic
03-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Funny you should mention this. I had thought of corroborating with some of you guys to see if we could all get tickets together, but then remembered that no one sat in their "assigned seat" last time, so why should Core of the Core II be any different? :cool:

I seriously hope Chips hires a deisgnated driver (and a designated date for your sake :cool:). :roflmao:

ChiSoxGirl
03-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I seriously hope Chips hires a deisgnated driver (and a designated date for your sake :cool:). :roflmao:

AMEN on both counts!

EDIT: The first Core of the Core experience didn't have too many funny moments for me...!

soxjim
03-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Mailing mine out tomorrow. This should be a great time for all. It would be neat to do something on the road such as in Pittsburgh.

TornLabrum
03-07-2006, 11:08 PM

I actually did sit in my "assigned seat," but that was only because I was in the <Bob Uecker voice> FRONT ROW.

ClaudelSleptHere
03-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Making the trip from Indy for this and really looking forward to it. As others have already stated, thanks to all involved for putting it together.

ChiSoxGirl
03-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I actually did sit in my "assigned seat," but that was only because I was in the <Bob Uecker voice> FRONT ROW.

I think you're the only one who did! :cool:

dlee120
03-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Any idea of where our seats our going to be? I, like a few others, also have tix to that game in my ozzie plan and the seats are in Left Center field bleachers (Where frank will hit his homer after we're up 7-0) I dont want to give them up if where the COTC seats aren't ideal.

chisoxfanatic
03-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Any idea of where our seats our going to be? I, like a few others, also have tix to that game in my ozzie plan and the seats are in Left Center field bleachers (Where frank will hit his homer after we're up 7-0) I dont want to give them up if where the COTC seats aren't ideal.

Last year's COTC seats were in the first several rows of Section 105 (right above the opposing team's bullpen). I yelled at Ambiorix Burgos a few times! We'll be able to give Huston Street a problem if the seats are in the same location.

IronFisk
03-08-2006, 12:19 AM

Excellent - I'll try and get Mike to sit next to me so he can once again enjoy an earfull of COWBELL!!! :mg:

chisoxfanatic
03-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Excellent - I'll try and get Mike to sit next to me so he can once again enjoy an earfull of COWBELL!!! :mg:

You be sure to bring the cowbell! It's been a long over 4 months without being in its presence!

soxstarter
03-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Faxed an order in yesterday for me, DumpJerry and a couple of others. Looking forward to it...see you all there!

ChiSoxGirl
03-08-2006, 09:09 AM

Better his ears than mine for a change! :redneck

chisoxfanatic
03-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Faxed an order in yesterday for me, DumpJerry and a couple of others. Looking forward to it...see you all there!

Yay! It'll be awesome seeing you once again! :bandance:

Iwritecode
03-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Randar won't be able to sit in the back and yell about Rowand "circling the wagons" this year.

I'm sure he's disappointed...

IronFisk
03-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Better his ears than mine for a change! :redneck

But oh my sweet lady, you'll be sitting close enough :wired:.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

chisoxfanatic
03-08-2006, 12:00 PM
But oh my sweet lady, you'll be sitting close enough :wired:.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You ring that cowbell as much as you want. I miss that thing! :(:

Taliesinrk
03-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Alright.. quick question. I faxed in my order yesterday, but am not beginning to realize that I know absolutely noone. Does everyone know each other that is going this year? Or like last year... were there several people there that didn't know others and just met them for the first time at the game?

EDIT: Is there really someone who brings a cowbell??? because that would be pretty sweet... I have a couple of my own at home that would be fun to use as well....

itsnotrequired
03-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Alright.. quick question. I faxed in my order yesterday, but am not beginning to realize that I know absolutely noone. Does everyone know each other that is going this year? Or like last year... were there several people there that didn't know others and just met them for the first time at the game?

EDIT: Is there really someone who brings a cowbell??? because that would be pretty sweet... I have a couple of my own at home that would be fun to use as well....

Don't worry, I don't know anyone either. WSI members will finally get to bask in the glory that is itsnotrequired.

:rolleyes:

ChiSoxGirl
03-08-2006, 02:04 PM

I can tell you firsthand that going to Core of the Core not knowing anyone won't be an issue at all. I went myself last year and I didn't know anyone- and I was one of few female members who went! I had just talked with chisoxfanatic from IM conversations prior to the event, but we'd never met in person. She and Hangar18 were the first people I "met" at Core of the Core. I take that back- I knew whitesoxwilkes from seeing him at a couple games earlier in the season (his season tickets are very close to a girl I know who has season tickets). And if this year's is anything like last year's Core of the Core, hardly anyone will sit in their "assigned seat." You'll probably just end up sitting with the people you meet in the Patio area or whatever.

Yes, there is a guy who rings a cowbell- IronFisk. The whole cowbell thing started in October when some of us from WSI went to Puffers to watch the playoffs. IronFisk got this cowbell, started ringing it, and things have never been the same! :tongue:

ilsox7
03-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Have fun everyone! Looks like law school will get in the way of Core of the Core, again. Hopefully we have another later this season!

chisoxfanatic
03-08-2006, 02:29 PM
I'll have to add that *hopefully* the nametags actually STICK to our jerseys and shirts this time around. Last year, that was a challenge.

tebman
03-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Mailed my order today! If it hasn't sold out by tomorrow, I'll join you all as we continue our inevitable march to the World Series. (no deep pink required)

"Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor!" -- Groucho Marx

IronFisk
03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Yes, there is a guy who rings a cowbell- IronFisk. The whole cowbell thing started in October when some of us from WSI went to Puffers to watch the playoffs. IronFisk got this cowbell, started ringing it, and things have never been the same! :tongue:

Are you referring to your permanent inner ear damage? :redneck

IronFisk
03-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Great answer by ChiSoxGirl on this one - no worries!

As for me, I didn't get to the Core event last year, but I did make up for it at Puffers during the playoffs. My first time up there, I didn't know jack squat either. I "think" everything turned out just fine! :cool:

IronFisk
03-08-2006, 05:15 PM
You ring that cowbell as much as you want. I miss that thing! :(:

Well I guess I know who I'm sitting next to. :D:

MarySwiss
03-08-2006, 06:09 PM

Well, I wouldn't worry. Other than my brother who is coming as my guest, I know absolutely no one either. But I really feel as though I know a lot of the folks who post regularly on this site--power of the Internet--and I can't wait to actually meet them. So see ya there, guy! :gulp:

robiwho
03-09-2006, 12:05 AM
I faxed my order in yesterday. I'm so relieved that I don't have to worry about it conflicting with parents' night at my son's school this season...although my dad and brother had a great time using my tickets last season (and my brother kept TMing me throughout the night!).

pearso66
03-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I was wondering, for those who have faxed the form in with a credit card #, has your card been charged yet? Or have they emailed you with a confirmation? I sent it in like the day it came out, and havn't had either yet.

itsnotrequired
03-13-2006, 08:39 AM
I was wondering, for those who have faxed the form in with a credit card #, has your card been charged yet? Or have they emailed you with a confirmation? I sent it in like the day it came out, and havn't had either yet.

I faxed my order in the day the flyer was posted. My credit card was billed on March 10.

Dan Mega
03-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I faxed my order in the day the flyer was posted. My credit card was billed on March 10.

My card never got charged, should I try again?

itsnotrequired
03-15-2006, 03:45 PM
My card never got charged, should I try again?

You should give the Sox a call before you order again.

Meixner007
03-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Just faxed mine in. Look forward to meeting all of you.

chisoxfanatic
03-15-2006, 07:27 PM
I sent mine over a week ago, wrote a check, and don't see any records of it being cashed on my online banking ledger. I would think they would've gotten it by now, I DO live a stone's throw away from the ballpark and mailed it at the post office just 2.5 miles north of the stadium.

Could it possibly have been lost in the mail?

chisoxmike
03-15-2006, 07:42 PM
I sent mine over a week ago, wrote a check, and don't see any records of it being cashed on my online banking ledger. I would think they would've gotten it by now, I DO live a stone's throw away from the ballpark and mailed it at the post office just 2.5 miles north of the stadium.

Could it possibly have been lost in the mail?

I sent a check too haven't been charged. They probably wont cash checks until the deadline for the orders so they dont have to keep going to the bank to cash checks.

chisoxfanatic
03-15-2006, 08:22 PM
I sent a check too haven't been charged. They probably wont cash checks until the deadline for the orders so they dont have to keep going to the bank to cash checks.

If this were the case, then would our orders be processed and mailed last?

Taliesinrk
03-15-2006, 09:22 PM
My credit card hasn't been charged, and I FAXED my order in like the 2nd day the flyer was posted. Worrying (as I often do), I called the Sox ticket office, and they connected me to a guy who said that my order was in, I have a ticket (only in row 10.. woulda been nice for 9) and that it'll just be a bit before they process my credit card. I asked him if he knew approximately how long, and he said "not really".

Sooo, you all need not worry... unless your credit card is about to be maxed out and your order may not go through if you don't have enough avaliable credit because the white sox took 3 wks to process it... or perhaps that's only me.

itsnotrequired
03-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Wow, sounds like some of you are having some bad luck in terms of confirming your orders. I faxed my order in the morning of March 6 and my credit card was charged March 10. I received my tickets in the mail on March 14.

Am I the only one who has already got their tickets?

:dunno:

SouthSide_HitMen
03-16-2006, 01:09 PM

I would think they deposit all the checks they get each day (from the hundreds of groups) yet then again my check hasn't been cashed. I guess we will know in a few days.

And where are the season tickets. :o: Hope they arrive this week.

itsnotrequired
03-16-2006, 02:11 PM
And where are the season tickets. :o: Hope they arrive this week.

Tickets are supposed to arrive the week of March 20th (next week).

dakuda
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I received my patio tickets to the game yesterday. I already had game tickets though. Might be a little different.

itsnotrequired
03-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I received my patio tickets to the game yesterday. I already had game tickets though. Might be a little different.

How many people are you bringing to the patio party? Even though you already have tickets, I'll add your name to the CotC seating chart as "patio party" only.

Any of your guests other WSI members? If so, let me know their handle's and I'll add them too.

soxstarter
03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow, sounds like some of you are having some bad luck in terms of confirming your orders. I faxed my order in the morning of March 6 and my credit card was charged March 10. I received my tickets in the mail on March 14.

Am I the only one who has already got their tickets?

:dunno:

Hmmmm....No tickets here yet.....

pearso66
03-16-2006, 10:38 PM
It looks like I finally got my card charged. Of course it's just pending, so I don't know for sure, but its the exact price of the tickets. For those who paid with credit card, did you get an email confirmation? I havn't got one yet.

itsnotrequired
03-16-2006, 10:39 PM
It looks like I finally got my card charged. Of course it's just pending, so I don't know for sure, but its the exact price of the tickets. For those who paid with credit card, did you get an email confirmation? I havn't got one yet.
Are you talking about an e-mail from the Sox or the credit card company? I didn't get anything from the Sox and don't have e-mail alerts turned on for my credit card. So I got nothing...

pearso66
03-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Are you talking about an e-mail from the Sox or the credit card company? I didn't get anything from the Sox and don't have e-mail alerts turned on for my credit card. So I got nothing...

I meant from the Sox. Like the confirmation you get for buying single game tickets for the Sox.

itsnotrequired
03-16-2006, 10:59 PM
I meant from the Sox. Like the confirmation you get for buying single game tickets for the Sox.

Is that an "option" you have to turn on in your whitesox.com profile? Is it something through Ticketmaster? Is it just for ticketFast tickets?

I ordered extra tickets during the season ticket holder pre-sale and never got an e-mail from the Sox.

pearso66
03-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Is that an "option" you have to turn on in your whitesox.com profile? Is it something through Ticketmaster? Is it just for ticketFast tickets?

I ordered extra tickets during the season ticket holder pre-sale and never got an e-mail from the Sox.

hmm, I got one for every game I ordered tickets to during the pre-sale. I guess that's why I was getting nervous when I didn't see a confirmation email.

itsnotrequired
03-16-2006, 11:05 PM
hmm, I got one for every game I ordered tickets to during the pre-sale. I guess that's why I was getting nervous when I didn't see a confirmation email.

Did you get ticketFast tickets? I got standard tickets and didn't get an e-mail from the Sox. I did, however, get an e-mail from Ticketmaster.

pearso66
03-18-2006, 12:24 AM
Did you get ticketFast tickets? I got standard tickets and didn't get an e-mail from the Sox. I did, however, get an e-mail from Ticketmaster.

Maybe it was from ticketmaster. I didn't pay attention, I just saw it confirmed my ticket purchase.