PDA

View Full Version : CSI "star" takes shot at the Sox

chaerulez
03-05-2006, 02:00 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-060305outloudpetersen,1,3627750.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Somebody said the Sox won the World Series. I was like, "If a tree falls in the forest, does it really matter?"

I guess this 100 year drought is really making these guys sad.

tony1972
03-05-2006, 02:04 PM
If the Cubs sell 3 million tickets..and they still stink..does it really matter ?:D:

NSSoxFan
03-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Just read the article. His writing skills alone make this article a joke.

MarySwiss
03-05-2006, 02:08 PM
If I had all day to waste, I'd count the number of times this guy said, "I," "me," or "my."

Nothing self-centered about him, obviously! :rolleyes:

TheDarkGundam
03-05-2006, 02:10 PM
That guy may be the best damn CSI on the planet, but he is an idiot.
I loved where he said the thing where the celebrity sings the 7th inning stretch is old and tired, but immediately accepted when they offered to let him do it. :rolleyes:

beckett21
03-05-2006, 02:11 PM
I read it this morning as well. Bla.

At least he's not riding shotgun on the bandwagon. I'll give him that much.

fquaye149
03-05-2006, 02:15 PM
a.) if a tree falls in the forest, it does matter. But that's irrelevant b/c the saying is "if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around, does it make a sound?"....Nice spoonerism

b.) I don't know about Dusty, but I don't know that it matters either. If you have guys that are pitching eight innings, giving up two runs, I can manage them.

LOL...Does anyone expect Prior (even a completely healthy Prior) to put up a 2.20 ERA and pitch 240 innings, much less the rest of the has-beens and never wases on that Cubs staff...

But yeah...keep not being worried about Dusty :cool:

Hitmen77
03-05-2006, 02:18 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-060305outloudpetersen,1,3627750.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Somebody said the Sox won the World Series. I was like, "If a tree falls in the forest, does it really matter?"

meh, just more typical jealous Cub fan tripe. Only a Cub fan would think that winning a World Series doesn't matter.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I can't stand him or that stupid series. Or his stupid beard.

The Racehorse
03-05-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't watch CSI. Who the hell is William Petersen? Next!

TomBradley72
03-05-2006, 02:32 PM
The Tribune sports section was a cornacopia of Cubs propaganda this morning....4-5 articles on Kerry (don't worry...we don't really need him anyway), The Messiah (he's going to pitch soon...really...we mean it), Maddux (talk of him winning 20 games for the first time in 13 years...so common for pitchers in their early 40's coming off consecutive 13-14 win seasons), Ryan Dempster (he's really a funny guy...so critical to being an effective closer), and of course the b.s. celebrity interview that started this thread.

By contrast...a single article on Uribe as part of their coverage of the World Champions.

cheeses_h_rice
03-05-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't know, Bill. Take a look at this photo and then ask yourself that stupid question again:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/599/spaceball7fw.gifhttp://msn.foxsports.com/id/5033214_7_2.jpg

beckett21
03-05-2006, 02:34 PM

If CSI and all 8 incarnations of it are cancelled tomorrow, does it really matter? Would anyone notice?

I don't watch it either, obviously. :redneck

voodoochile
03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
a.) if a tree falls in the forest, it does matter. But that's irrelevant b/c the saying is "if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around, does it make a sound?"....Nice spoonerism

b.)

LOL...Does anyone expect Prior (even a completely healthy Prior) to put up a 2.20 ERA and pitch 240 innings, much less the rest of the has-beens and never wases on that Cubs staff...

But yeah...keep not being worried about Dusty :cool:

Indeed... I think the tree falling matters to the baby squirrels, who were living in the tree and the baby rabbits whose Mom got crushed by said tree... Of course the worms and beetles are happy...

SouthSide_HitMen
03-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Is he on CSI Wichita or CSI Kankakee? (CSI Des Moines - coming to CBS Wednesdays next Fall).

The Office is the only current show I watch (and Earl sometimes). Who is this tool? Looks like he is angling for one of those precious 61 opportunities to sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at the Urinal.

Layla
03-05-2006, 03:46 PM
If concrete falls on your head at Wrigley, will you notice that?:rolleyes:

Dick Allen
03-05-2006, 03:51 PM
The man is about as irrelevant as any other imbecile Cub fan.

RadioheadRocks
03-05-2006, 04:03 PM

William Petersen, this one's for you:

http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser-thumb.jpg (http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg)
LOSER!!!!!

Dick Allen
03-05-2006, 04:09 PM
William Petersen, this one's for you:

http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser-thumb.jpg (http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg)
LOSER!!!!!And he can take that girl in the picture with him.

MarySwiss
03-05-2006, 04:24 PM
If concrete falls on your head at Wrigley, will you notice that?:rolleyes:

Probably not--if it hits him on the head! :tongue:

Ol' No. 2
03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Who's William Petersen? And if I don't know who he is, does it matter what he says?

Nope.

SOXSINCE'70
03-05-2006, 07:16 PM

Agreed.I've never seen one of his movies or this dumb ass "CSI"
show.It just makes me dislike him even more.So take it away,
Gary Coleman;

:whocares

SOXSINCE'70
03-05-2006, 07:19 PM
The Tribune sports section was a cornacopia of Cubs propaganda this morning.....a single article on Uribe as part of their coverage of the World Champions.

Quick!! Someone tell Hangar!!:D: :D:

DMarte708
03-05-2006, 07:43 PM
This is obviously a blatant attempt from the Tribune to combat Bernie Mac insulting Cub fans. Too bad he doesn't even give the correct analogy for his insult, as others in this thread have mentioned.

One role I commend him for is Manhunter. Other then that, he can continue reconstructing crime scenes with an almost supernatural abililty.

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/images/actus/18421756.jpg
"Any of you notice the tile on the floor is symmetrical with the sunlight when it passes the window at exactly 12:35 pm?" From this information alone, I conclude the husband is the murderer."

1951Campbell
03-05-2006, 08:19 PM

If you're a "star" on a network only watched by elderly shut-ins, does it really matter? :D:

LongLiveFisk
03-05-2006, 09:15 PM
My, my...people sure do get bitter after almost a century of no winning! :D:

LuvSox
03-05-2006, 11:54 PM
CSI:

Cubs Suck Indefinitely

Nellie_Fox
03-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Real forensics folks call the show "BSI."

Steelrod
03-06-2006, 04:56 AM
This is obviously a blatant attempt from the Tribune to combat Bernie Mac insulting Cub fans. Too bad he doesn't even give the correct analogy for his insult, as others in this thread have mentioned.

One role I commend him for is Manhunter. Other then that, he can continue reconstructing crime scenes with an almost supernatural abililty.

"Any of you notice the tile on the floor is symmetrical with the sunlight when it passes the window at exactly 12:35 pm?" From this information alone, I conclude the husband is the murderer."
The real crime scene is the urinal. You would think with all his investigating skills, he couldn't miss seeing it. Instead, he's one of 3 million victims of robbery. I guess the clues aren't obvious enough. Bill, try reading another paper for your information!

WhiteSoxFan84
03-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Why would they even run that part of the story? It does not good. Nothing but harms the Cubune's image and adds more evidence to their anti-Sox case. Dumb dumb dumb cub dumb dumb.

And by the way, anybody that thinks CSI is better than Law & Order is a goof. CSI is the dumbest show on TV with the stupidest conclusions I've ever seen. The way they solve their mysteries can be compared to how the genius writers of The District solve theirs.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Is he on CSI Wichita or CSI Kankakee? (CSI Des Moines - coming to CBS Wednesdays next Fall).

CSI Kankakeee got cancelled and was replaced with CSI Walla Walla and he will be making a cameo in CSI Saskatoon.

MeteorsSox4367
03-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I also liked how Petersen took a shot at the 'hood around the dearly departed Amphitheatre. What was he scared because all the streets had numbers on 'em and there were too many blue-collar people around him? Did someone from one of the meatpacking plants sweat on him?

Yet another misconception that the South Side = hellhole. Petersen's just another Cub fan who's bitter because the Sox won it all.

Chicago White Sox = 2005 World Champions.

Thanks for playing, Billy!

Hangar18
03-06-2006, 09:11 AM
So apparently, William Peterson loves the Cubs and Bears. Nice CubFluff article. How much do you bet if William Peterson were a SOX fan, this doesnt get printed ...........:angry:

wdelaney72
03-06-2006, 01:12 PM
This one was my favorite:
"I have a Michael Jordan basketball and a Walter Payton football. But my most cherished thing is my Ron Santo baseball."

The sound you just heard was Billy Peterson's credibility crashing into the urinal.

What a jagoff.

TornLabrum
03-06-2006, 01:22 PM
"I have a Michael Jordan basketball and a Walter Payton football. But my most cherished thing is my Ron Santo baseball."

The sound you just heard was Billy Peterson's credibility crashing into the urinal.

What a jagoff.

I can just hear the actual interview:

Reporter: So what memorabilia do you have?
Petersen: Well, I have a Michael Jordan basketball, a Walter Payton football, and a Ron Santo baseball.
Reporter: Oh, I'll bet the Santo baseball is the most cherished thing in your collection.
Petersen: Uh, yeah, sure...whatever...

TommyJohn
03-06-2006, 01:25 PM

Petersen: Well, I have a Michael Jordan basketball, a Walter Payton football, and a Ron Santo baseball.
Reporter: Oh, I'll bet the Santo baseball is the most cherished thing in your collection.

"I love and cherish my Ron Santo baseball. When you rub it up, it screams
obscenities at Don Young."

Hangar18
03-06-2006, 01:28 PM

Reporter: OK, thats all I need, my assistant Mike and I will be out of your way here, thanks again.
Petersen: Your welcome. Say, do you guys work for the Cubs or someting?
Reporter: Ummmmm, no were reporters.
Petersen: What did you say your names were again?
Reporter: Im Rick Morrissey, and this is Mike Kiley

LongLiveFisk
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't watch the show but he sounds like a major immature sore loser to me.

soxstarter
03-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Okay guys....keeping this in perspective (though I think most everyone is on the right track here) Petersen is an ACTOR. He does not run a country, does not lead the effort for world peace, not a nobel prize winner........

and his team did not WIN THE WORLD SERIES!

His opinion simply makes him a .....:dumbass:

Hangar18
03-06-2006, 03:24 PM
...........Petersen is an ACTOR. He does not run a country, does not lead the effort for world peace, not a nobel prize winner........

Yes .....but he CHOSE to be a Cub fan. That makes him a Loser.

Uncle_Patrick
03-06-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't watch the show but he sounds like a major immature sore loser to me.

He sounds like a typical Cubs fan to me. "We didn't win the World Series, but the White Sox did, so the only way we can make ourselves feel better about it is to tell ourselves and anyone else who listens that no one cares. Otherwise, how can we justify to ourselves our continual support of a perpetual loser when faced with the fact that there is a recent World Series winner right in our own backyard?"

Who cares? He was a B-list actor before CSI, he will be a B-list actor after CSI. Like any of us should give a flying **** about what some actor says, anyway.

Risk
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
He sounds like a typical Cubs fan to me. "We didn't win the World Series, but the White Sox did, so the only way we can make ourselves feel better about it is to tell ourselves and anyone else who listens that no one cares. Otherwise, how can we justify to ourselves our continual support of a perpetual loser when faced with the fact that there is a recent World Series winner right in our own backyard?"

Who cares? He was a B-list actor before CSI, he will be a B-list actor after CSI. Like any of us should give a flying **** about what some actor says, anyway.

Bingo. Typical words from a sore loser and like most crappy actors, I foresee a future of nothing but Lifetime movies and SciFi channel "Creature Features" for whittle Bill Petersen.

Risk

fusillirob1983
03-06-2006, 04:40 PM
I think I only saw 3 people spell Petersen incorrectly until now. I am amazed. It's my last name, and I have to say that probably about 90% of people spell it wrong when looking at it written on a sheet of paper and rewriting it on another sheet of paper.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-06-2006, 05:22 PM
After we won everything he did an interview with Mike North on the SCORE. I would say Nov/early Dec. If anyone of you heard it, you would definitely remember it. He was actually pouting. Yes, pouting. An adult going on a radio show acting like a little kid on a playground whose big-kid kick baseball team just got beat by the local girl scout troop. It was priceless at first. Then, for some reason, I actually felt embarassed for the guy because he was coming across like a baby. I reached my destination and never heard the end.
I would think that it would be a little more painless if you just kept your mouth shut. If the cubs won it all this last year instead of us, I do believe I would try to mind my own baseball business as much as possible instead of stirring the pot.

Dick Allen
03-06-2006, 05:37 PM
I also liked how Petersen took a shot at the 'hood around the dearly departed Amphitheatre. What was he scared because all the streets had numbers on 'em and there were too many blue-collar people around him? Did someone from one of the meatpacking plants sweat on him?

Yet another misconception that the South Side = hellhole. Petersen's just another Cub fan who's bitter because the Sox won it all.

Chicago White Sox = 2005 World Champions.

Thanks for playing, Billy!Maybe he was afraid of a cattle stampede?

Dick Allen
03-06-2006, 05:42 PM

What a jagoff.I'd love to see him check out the market value for these three items. He'd feel even dumber than he looks.

ws05champs
03-07-2006, 06:06 PM
First understand this guy is just an actor - someone whose life depends on how well he can pretend to be someone else and how well others like him. Have you ever known an "actor?" The ones I have met tend to be the most boring and pretentious people I have ever known.

Second he is a cubs fan. So there you have it an actor who is a cubs fan. Can anyone be more irrelevant?

IlliniSox4Life
03-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Honestly, guys, I think you're over reacting to this. Is he a sports expert? No, but that's not why they run this story. They do this "out loud" thing with people who are connected to Chicago all the time. I don't know if it still is, but he is/was the lead actor in the most watched show on television. Whether you've seen the show or like it or not, he's fairly well known.

Second, are his priorities mixed up? Yeah, probably, but honestly if I had a MJ signed basketball and a Frank Thomas signed baseball, I would probably like the Frank Thomas signed baseball more, because the Sox are my favorite team, so I don't take issue with him saying he'd prefer the Ron Santo ball.

Also, any Cubs fans who aren't fans of the Sox will say they don't care about how the Sox won the series. They don't. I don't care when the Yankees win the series, and I'm sure Mets fans don't either.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM

"I smell bad and my butt smells, and I have a smelly face."

GoSox2K3
03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
..Also, any Cubs fans who aren't fans of the Sox will say they don't care about how the Sox won the series. They don't. I don't care when the Yankees win the series, and I'm sure Mets fans don't either.

But, that's not what he said. His comment wasn't that he didn't care about the World Series. He was using that same stupid Cub fan argument that no one cared about the World Series, so it didn't matter. Sounded to me like an attendance/ratings reference.

Hitmen77
03-08-2006, 10:43 PM
http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/images/actus/18421756.jpg"I smell bad and my butt smells, and I have a smelly face."
http://www.geocities.com/simpsonshq2000/Pictures/characters/moe1.gif

"Moe's Tavern. ... Hold on, I'll check. Uh, hey, everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt."

Vernam
03-09-2006, 01:53 AM
**** him. He wishes he were good enough to be the fifth Baldwin brother.

Only good movie he made was To Live and Die in LA, the highlight of which is when his sorry-ass Cub-lovin' head gets blown off. Surprisingly, brains come out -- the magic of Hollywood.

Vernam

PaulDrake
03-09-2006, 07:06 AM
This is the guy that a few years ago was fawning over Sammy Sosa in a most embarrassing way.

Hitmen77
03-09-2006, 09:08 AM
This is the guy that a few years was fawning over Sammy Sosa in a most embarrassing way.

So, in other words, he was just like 95% of all other Cub fans.

TommyJohn
03-09-2006, 09:25 AM
So, in other words, he was just like 95% of all other Cub fans.

You couldn't be any more wrong there. They never liked sammy Sosa.
Just ask them now.

tick53
03-09-2006, 12:02 PM
It takes a moron Cub fan like Bill Peterson to mention himself in the
same breath as the great Marlon Brando..:angry:

Foulke You
03-09-2006, 01:01 PM
**** him. He wishes he were good enough to be the fifth Baldwin brother.

Only good movie he made was To Live and Die in LA, the highlight of which is when his sorry-ass Cub-lovin' head gets blown off. Surprisingly, brains come out -- the magic of Hollywood.

Vernam
Don't forget Young Guns 2! He was the double crossing Pat Garrett.:cool:
http://jjandbird.com/Images/patgarrett.jpg