PDA

View Full Version : Fill Me In

Lip Man 1
03-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Gang:

I have been in Boise for the boys state basketball tournament since Wednesday afternoon and have missed all of the day to day Sox pre-season stuff.

Can someone fill me in about what has been going on this week. All I have are the final scores through Saturday afternoon which are pretty amazing.

I understand Ozzie went off today after Arizona pounded the Sox. Any information about this? Also are the 'regular' pitchers getting lit up or is it the minor league guys?

I'm back in town now so I'll be able to keep up starting Sunday.

Thanks.

Lip

whitesoxwilkes
03-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Starters have been OK. Not good, not bad...just OK. Buerhle and McCarthy both got knocked around pretty good yesterday and today respectively.

Offense has been anemic. Thome is hitting the ball hard and deep though. Paulie had 2 hits today. Mackowiak's been sharp.

oeo
03-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Starters have been OK. Not good, not bad...just OK. Buerhle and McCarthy both got knocked around pretty good yesterday and today respectively.

Offense has been anemic. Thome is hitting the ball hard and deep though. Paulie had 2 hits today. Mackowiak's been sharp.

McCarthy was alright today, he only gave up 1 ER on 4 hits, but he did seem to be all over the place. Redding looked good as well, I was impressed. Haeger, Tucker, and Bentz not so much. A big problem today was defense.

Thome is crushing the ball, just missed a couple of homers, and had a nice hard hit single. Paulie is swinging the bat nicely.

RadioheadRocks
03-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Linky
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060304&content_id=1334167&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Notice how they got the score backwards at the top of the article.

ChiSoxRowand
03-05-2006, 02:44 AM
There were a lot of errors today. I think Haeger gave up four unearned runs. Ben Grieve made a horrible play in right.

harwar
03-05-2006, 08:56 AM
You usually don't miss anything during the first week of spring games anyway.I don't think they should even keep score until the second week.
I still find it amazing that the first week is now structured,to a point,like meaningful games and that they sell so many tickets.
Guys may come into spring these days in great shape physically but their minds are elsewhere.
I sure love it though,there is something so hopeful and informal about it.

HomeFish
03-05-2006, 11:35 AM
This reminds me a lot of that one Spring Training back in the early 2000's where our pitchers got lit up like polyester all throughout. I think the best ERA among our starters was over 6.00.

We obviously still didn't win anything that year, but our pitchers were merely mediocre to the tune of 4.00 - 5.00, not as terrible as they were in ST.

Layla
03-05-2006, 11:45 AM
I remember last year we had the second worst record in spring training.

And, overall we were 14-18.

Did see that AJ and Buehrle are calling Paulie "El Capitan.":D:

FedEx227
03-05-2006, 09:07 PM
^ Their calling Uribe that, not Paulie.

Hangar18
03-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Gang:

I have been in Boise for the boys state basketball tournament since Wednesday afternoon and have missed all of the day to day Sox pre-season stuff.

Can someone fill me in about what has been going on this week. All I have are the final scores through Saturday afternoon which are pretty amazing.

I understand Ozzie went off today after Arizona pounded the Sox. Any information about this? Also are the 'regular' pitchers getting lit up or is it the minor league guys?

I'm back in town now so I'll be able to keep up starting Sunday.

Thanks.

Lip

What have you missed? not much, starters are doing OK, theres been zero hitting (reminds me of early last year). The Chicago Media however is trying to get in panic mode already about the lack of hitting. In other news, they are also turning up the dial on World Series in 06 talk which is starting to bother me a bit, these morons in the media are treating Pierre like hes the 3rd coming .............
Oh, and theyre still not finished with the Green seats ......