PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Hagin Back in Redbirds Broadcast Booth

Viva Medias B's
03-04-2006, 09:21 AM
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Cardinals have rehired (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/A264D6250D5AB92A86257127001CA4C4?OpenDocument) Wayne Hagin who will replace Bob Carpenter in the television booth. Carpenter is going to work the Nationals' TV booth. Hagin was dumped at the end of last season so that the Cardinals could hire John Rooney.

SOXSINCE'70
03-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Will they ever do radio together again??:D: :D:

Whenever they used to do Sox games on WMAQ in the early
90's,I swore they were almost one and the same.For me,at least,
it was hard to tell the difference between Rooney and Hagin.:smile:

soxinem1
03-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Will they ever do radio together again??:D: :D:

Whenever they used to do Sox games on WMAQ in the early
90's,I swore they were almost one and the same.For me,at least,
it was hard to tell the difference between Rooney and Hagin.:smile:

This is a strange deal, as Rooney twice was the reason for a Hagin departure. Back in 1991 Hagin was quite disappointed that John was chosen as the primary PBP voice over him, then gets let go again when Rooney goes to STL. Though they seemed to get along when they were here, it sort of seemed like a Harry/Milo thing with the cubs, except there will not be any TV to cross over to.

Maybe we can send Farmer and DJ to STL, bring John back, and he can do 1-2-3 on radio, 4-5-6 on TV, and 7-8-9 back on radio. Just a thought.

But the bigger question is, how do two PBP guys share the mike without driving each other crazy.

SOXSINCE'70
03-05-2006, 11:05 AM
how do two PBP guys share the mike without driving each other crazy.

They truly are an "Odd Couple".It's been 30 years,
and I still don't know how these guys did it.

:harry&jimmy