PDA

View Full Version : Wimpy's Back

Bump34
03-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I hear Wimpy is going to do tv for the Nats!!!

The Dude
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM

Wow i cant wait to hear him!!!

Lip Man 1
03-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Dave:

That's great news. Hope all is well with you and give Tom the best regards from WSI if you see him this season.

Lip

WSox8404
03-04-2006, 08:10 PM

Great to hear. I miss that guy a lot. But at any rate I hope he picks up where he left off. Hope all is well for you as well Dave. We miss you a lot as well. But we know you had a great time celebrating the World Series nonetheless. Take care.

TornLabrum
03-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Who is this Bump34 guy? You know spreading unfounded rumors like that can get you banned here!

Seriously, though, Jeff has a buddy in DC who spent his early years in Minnesota as a Twinkies fan but adopted the Sox when he moved to Plainfield (at least when we weren't playing the Twinkies). I'm sure he'll be glad to hear about Wimpy taking that job.

And glad to see you here at WSI, Dave. Hope I can catch up with you when the Rays are in town.

whitesoxwilkes
03-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Wimpy and Bob Carpenter in the Nats' booth? Oughta be interesting.

Dave, we're catching the Rays in Clearwater and then Ft Myers St. Paddy's weekend. Hope to bump into you.

Steelrod
03-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Finally we know who the leak was!

mwc44
03-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Finally we know who the leak was!

I smell "Wimpy-Gate" coming.... and we know in advance who "Deep Throat" is!

Bump34
03-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Wimpy and Bob Carpenter in the Nats' booth? Oughta be interesting.

Dave, we're catching the Rays in Clearwater and then Ft Myers St. Paddy's weekend. Hope to bump into you.

I will see you there... probably with a little bit of a headache on Saturday... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

NSSoxFan
03-05-2006, 05:52 PM
I will see you there... probably with a little bit of a headache on Saturday... :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Hey Dave, I know you won't answer this, but how many :gulp: do you need after calling the Rays' games?

whitesoxwilkes
03-05-2006, 08:06 PM

I'll be right there with ya.

DC Sox Fan
03-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Official "scoop" from http://www.dcrtv.org/

MASN made it official on Sunday: Bob Carpenter (left) will handle play-by-play for the Nationals and Tom Paciorek (right) will do color analysis. They will be in the Nats' TV booth for 158 games in 2006, including four preseason contests. Carpenter and Paciorek make their MASN debut 3/18 when the Nationals take on the NY Mets. Carpenter's called the St. Louis Cardinals for a decade, and has handled baseball, college basketball, and college football for ESPN. Paciorek arrives from the Atlanta Braves where he spent five seasons, after a year with the Detroit Tigers and 13 seasons covering the Chicago White Sox. More in DCRTV's 3/4 blurb

It'll be great to have Wimpy around. I can remember trying to get his & hawk's attention in Balmur many times when I'd go to see the Sox. Finally, when I referred to Wimpy as "the Duke" (which he preferred) he acknowledged me down below, walking on the concourse as I did my "Hawk Walk" to try and get their attention.

NDSox12
03-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Awesome! Look forward to hearing Wimpy's voice again. Too bad not even half the Nats games are going to be broadcasted on local cable for much of the DC area. The two primary cable providers around here (Cox and Comcast) do not include MASN, so I only get to see the games on UPN.

DC Sox Fan
03-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Looks like these 2 have a past history:
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060305&content_id=1335368&vkey=pr_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

"Tom Paciorek is a good friend, and I can't wait to work with him," said Carpenter. "He's a great baseball man -- funny, full of personality -- and I think we'll have a blast together. We were 'teammates' back in the late '80s in Texas and have kept in touch ever since. Nationals fans will really like him."

Also found it hard to believe that the wimperoo had been down in the dirty for 5 years! Has DJ really been around THAT long?!?!?! :o:

Steelrod
03-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Looking forward to the baseball package. Hard to believe how much musical chairs took place this off season. Wimpy's a kick! Did Hagan end up back in St. Louis as rumored? After Rooney eased him out, the best show will be in the hallway! There's always love to be had in the broadcast booths all over America!

Steelrod
03-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Awesome! Look forward to hearing Wimpy's voice again. Too bad not even half the Nats games are going to be broadcasted on local cable for much of the DC area. The two primary cable providers around here (Cox and Comcast) do not include MASN, so I only get to see the games on UPN.
Aren't the dish companies available in DC?