PDA

View Full Version : Bars/Restaurants in other cities that feature SOX memorabilia

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Fenway mentioned that Unos in Boston features a wall dedicated to the Champion Chicago White Sox. Are there other places in distant lands that feature something SOX related? Now im curious

manders_01
03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Old Chicago's is a chain - mostly in the north of the country although it looks like there are a few in AZ and FL - and they have a lot of Sox memorabilia along with the other Chicago teams and general Chicago stuff. The one that I usually go to doesn't have anything in it specifically from the WS but there is another Old C's near me that has a lot more memorabilis stuff and they probably do.

nlentz88
03-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Perhaps this isn't what you're looking for, but I recently took a quick weekend trip out to Bloomington, IL. I went to several bars in that college town and didn't see ONE piece of White Sox memorabilia or paraphernalia. No beer signs, no pennants, nothing. Everywhere I went there were signs and posters for "Wrigleyville" and the Cubs. There was a smattering of Cardinal stuff, but absolutely no White Sox stuff. Well, except for my White Sox World Champions hat!

Again, this is probably not what you're looking for. It's just an FYI.

0o0o0
03-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Perhaps this isn't what you're looking for, but I recently took a quick weekend trip out to Bloomington, IL. I went to several bars in that college town and didn't see ONE piece of White Sox memorabilia or paraphernalia. No beer signs, no pennants, nothing. Everywhere I went there were signs and posters for "Wrigleyville" and the Cubs. There was a smattering of Cardinal stuff, but absolutely no White Sox stuff. Well, except for my White Sox World Champions hat!

Again, this is probably not what you're looking for. It's just an FYI.

yeah i go to school down here at illinois state and the amount of cubs/cards crap is ridiculous. no sox stuff at all. one bar even has a chris carter vikings jersey hanging! that's why i was surprised to see the trophy here last week.

SOXintheBURGH
03-03-2006, 06:49 PM
My favorite bar in Maryland had a big poster of the 83 ALCS...

:duck:

:cower:

JohnBasedowYoda
03-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Fenway mentioned that Unos in Boston features a wall dedicated to the Champion Chicago White Sox. Are there other places in distant lands that feature something SOX related? Now im curious

I was in a hotel bar in West Bend, WI and they had a bunch of Sox pictures from the 80's.

I forgot the name of the place but it was a local joint and not a chain.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
My favorite bar in Maryland had a big poster of the 83 ALCS...

:duck:

:cower:

Ha, very nice. You're right up there with Carrot Top and Bania
http://www.dreamagic.com/vivianrose/hytner.gif
"I was killer Jerry! Killer!"

gaelhound
03-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Papa Cornofoulos hot dogs and Italian Beef in madison has Chicago stuff decorating the place, I always sit in the Booth with the Sox stuff overhead.

VASoxfan1
03-03-2006, 08:23 PM
i wonder what uno's fenway was talking about. Because the one I go to has nothing of the sort to which the waitress always hears to no end from me. I mean it is a "chicago" pizza joint

1951Campbell
03-03-2006, 09:34 PM
There's a place in Albuquerque run by a Chicago ex-pat, right off (maybe even on) old Route 66, that has tons of stuff from all four major Chicago teams, deep-dish pizza, Chicago dogs, etc. My grandparents took me there a couple of times when I was in college (went to school in Santa Fe, they were Chicago/Palatine/Hinsdale retirees).

Deebs14
03-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Windy City Pizza in Tampa. The place is very equal with the amount of memorabilia they have when it comes to the Sox, Cubs, Bulls and Bears. Everytime I go there I feel like I'm in Chicago again. Plus I met a few Sox fans when I went there last Summer, so that was pretty sweet.

It's one of my favorite places to go for pizza outside of Chicago.

SOX LA Mikey
03-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Was just back in Phoenix and always hit the 'Chicago'
fast food place on Indian School, Seems like a Cubbie place
considering the amount of Cubs stuff on the walls and proximity
to Mesa, but I was happy to see a smattering of WhiteSox WS
stuff included this time.

Dolanski
03-04-2006, 12:09 AM
i wonder what uno's fenway was talking about. Because the one I go to has nothing of the sort to which the waitress always hears to no end from me. I mean it is a "chicago" pizza joint
Probably the one across the street from Fenway Park, but it doesn't matter. Uno's the chain is a travesty and an insult to Chicago pizza. They could put up a shrine to the White Sox and I would never eat there.

Jurr
03-04-2006, 01:11 AM
There's a place in Memphis called Jimmy's Hot Dogs. It's one of the typical Vienna Beef stands with italian sausage combos (the wetter the better)..... Chicago stuff everywhere, but mostly old trib papers and Sox stuff. My favorite is the Sox hat that Jimmy wears on his head...it's a Vienna Beef promo night hat. It's got the gaudy Vienna logo on it.

Anyways, one of my favorite hangouts in Memphis. Brings you back.

The Racehorse
03-04-2006, 05:59 AM
The NCO club at Whiteman AFB Missouri has a Chicago White Sox street sign containing the '03 AS game logo hanging on the wall... courtesy of me.

Beer Can Chicken
03-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Ha, very nice. You're right up there with Carrot Top and Bania
http://www.dreamagic.com/vivianrose/hytner.gif
"I was killer Jerry! Killer!"
What's the deal with Ovaltine?
The jar is round.
The mug is round.
They should call it Roundtine.
That's gold Jerry, Gold!

rookie
03-04-2006, 08:35 PM
My Aunt took me to the little resturant on Michicgan Avenue called Exchequers (?). I remember it having Sox stuff.

SFCASoxFan
03-05-2006, 02:39 AM
I'm so glad to read this thread...and even more excited to see if I get a response.

I'm new out in San Francisco and haven't found a suitable bar yet. Anybody around here know of any? If not, it looks like I'll have to start putting money away to build one...

Nellie_Fox
03-05-2006, 02:51 AM
My Aunt took me to the little resturant on Michicgan Avenue called Exchequers (?). I remember it having Sox stuff.The Exchequer Pub is on Wabash. It is owned by a couple of my Lyons Township High School classmates (class of '67). Good place.

thepaulbowski
03-06-2006, 05:47 PM
A place called "Between the Buns" in Osceola, IN has a few White Sox related items in it. Most of the stuff is Bulls/Pacers/Bears/Cubs, but a few White Sox items. The rest is ND & IU.

Baby Fisk
03-07-2006, 09:00 AM
There's a chain of sports bars in Ontario called Shoeless Joe's. I've been to a few. If you look hard enough, you'll spot the obligatory photo of Joe Jackson and/or the 1917 or 1919 White Sox hanging somewhere in the bar.

A place like that sure would be a great destination for the WS Trophy Tour... *nudge nudge*

manders_01
03-07-2006, 10:43 AM
It isn't an actual restaurant or bar, but in the movie "Love Actually", a guy comes the US from England to meet women and decides Milwaukee is the place to do it. The bar he goes to has a very clear White Sox logo in the background during most of the bar scene. That part of the movie always makes me so happy! :D:

DoItForDanPasqua
03-07-2006, 12:26 PM
There is a bar in Dusseldorf, Germany, I can't remember the name, but they have a sign advertising the CTA saying: "Just take the Red Line to Sox/35th, it's just a short walk to the park."