PDA

View Full Version : Ditkas Restaurant

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Not sure if this qualifies as a SCFM .............................

I had the pleasure of going to Ditkas last nite for dinner for the first time.
The food was very overpriced, but good. While we were waiting at the bar, I noticed a lot of Packer stuff on the walls, which I thought was funny considering he made a name for himself as a Bears coach. The bartender remarked that because the place was big with tourists, they wanted to put a little bit of other teams on the walls of the restaurant too.

"So you guys have SOX stuff here too" "yeah, we do in the front I think" agreed one of the waiters.

I took a little walk and the first thing I noticed was the full-size display of a jersey with "Ditka 89" on it.
It was a Cub jersey.
I laughed and noticed a couple of the hostesses were looking at me, so I asked where the SOX memorabilia was.
They gave me the biggest scrunched-face-why-are-you-talking-to-us look and replied "Umm, because were all cub fans here" in their best Lincoln Park Trixie voice.
"your bartender said there was some SOX stuff up here, im surprised you guys dont have any of their stuff up here. Theyre Champs you know" They gave me an even dirtier and scrunchier look.

What began to disturb me though, was the amount of flubby paraphernalia he had there, tons of pics of him at The Urinal, one of him in their clubhouse shaking hands with Shammy, a bunch of him throwing out first pitches. The junk was everywhere, and I started thinking dang, people are going to think this guy played for the Cubs too. Walking back towards the front on the other side, I really got more disturbed as I realized there was some bulls stuff, a few hawks stuff, obviously a ton of bears stuff, Packers things, but overwhelmingly, the next most memorabilia was Flub junk.
Not a single object representing the Chicago White Sox. 2005 World Series Champ White Sox.

I just shook my head in disbelief that Da Coach was a flubby fan and went in this direction. Walking back towards the bar, the hostesses again gave me the Your-a-dirty-sox-fan-what-a-loser-you-are look, when I finally let them have it ... "you guys are the losers, that team hasnt won a dang thing since 1908,
but you guys have their junk all over the walls like theyre champions"
Couldnt believe I got snobbed there, heheh........

itsnotrequired
03-03-2006, 12:53 PM
This would only happen to you, Hangar...:D:

ode to veeck
03-03-2006, 01:32 PM
just frickin' hilarious

MarySwiss
03-03-2006, 01:39 PM
On a related note, I was at a mall yesterday and wandered into a Just Sports store just for the hell of it. I was in disguise--no Sox apparel because I had a business meeting. They had the usual jerseys on the wall--D'Backs (well, of course!), Yankees, Angels, and the individuals--Bonds, Jeter, etc. They also had plenty of Cubs crap all over the place. (Okay, in fairness I was in Mesa, but still!)

There would have been no harm done had not the clerk asked if he could help me. So I said, "I doubt it. Where's all the White Sox stuff?" He then showed me a couple of caps and a T-shirt, an old one. So I told him that it constantly amazed me that the Sox won the World Series in dominating fashion last year, but still got no respect. That's when he made his mistake. He actually said, "Most people from Chicago are Cubs fans."

I'm pretty sure he'll never say THAT again! :D:

MUsoxfan
03-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I had an experience somewhat similar to that at Ditka's last summer. A couple of buddies and I walked in with all Sox stuff on for some reason or another. We asked them to put the Sox game on. The bartender said in a joking manner, "We don't serve Sox fans here." We had a witty reply, the bartender turned the Sox game on almost all the TV's and that was that.

SOXPHILE
03-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I had an experience somewhat similar to that at Ditka's last summer. A couple of buddies and I walked in with all Sox stuff on for some reason or another. We asked them to put the Sox game on. The bartender said in a joking manner, "We don't serve Sox fans here." We had a witty reply, the bartender turned the Sox game on almost all the TV's and that was that.

It will be interesting this summer when we walk into all these bars and we ask them to turn at least SOME of the T.V.'s on to the Sox game. Any negative reaction or looks can and should be met with "Yeah, the White Sox. You know, THE 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS ??!!!"

voodoochile
03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
It will be interesting this summer when we walk into all these bars and we ask them to turn at least SOME of the T.V.'s on to the Sox game. Any negative reaction or looks can and should be met with "Yeah, the White Sox. You know, THE 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS ??!!!"

This is flubbie fans we are talking about. They have probably already forgotten it happened...

spiffie
03-03-2006, 02:12 PM
This is flubbie fans we are talking about. They have probably already forgotten it happened...
This is why it is our duty to remind them on a regular basis.

Hawkeroo1980
03-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Not sure if this qualifies as a SCFM .............................

I had the pleasure of going to Ditkas last nite for dinner for the first time.
The food was very overpriced, but good. While we were waiting at the bar, I noticed a lot of Packer stuff on the walls, which I thought was funny considering he made a name for himself as a Bears coach. The bartender remarked that because the place was big with tourists, they wanted to put a little bit of other teams on the walls of the restaurant too.

"So you guys have SOX stuff here too" "yeah, we do in the front I think" agreed one of the waiters.

I took a little walk and the first thing I noticed was the full-size display of a jersey with "Ditka 89" on it.
It was a Cub jersey.
I laughed and noticed a couple of the hostesses were looking at me, so I asked where the SOX memorabilia was.
They gave me the biggest scrunched-face-why-are-you-talking-to-us look and replied "Umm, because were all cub fans here" in their best Lincoln Park Trixie voice.
"your bartender said there was some SOX stuff up here, im surprised you guys dont have any of their stuff up here. Theyre Champs you know" They gave me an even dirtier and scrunchier look.

What began to disturb me though, was the amount of flubby paraphernalia he had there, tons of pics of him at The Urinal, one of him in their clubhouse shaking hands with Shammy, a bunch of him throwing out first pitches. The junk was everywhere, and I started thinking dang, people are going to think this guy played for the Cubs too. Walking back towards the front on the other side, I really got more disturbed as I realized there was some bulls stuff, a few hawks stuff, obviously a ton of bears stuff, Packers things, but overwhelmingly, the next most memorabilia was Flub junk.
Not a single object representing the south-siders.

I just shook my head in disbelief that Da Coach was a flubby fan and went in this direction. Walking back towards the bar, the hostesses again gave me the Your-a-dirty-sox-fan-what-a-loser-you-are look, when I finally let them have it ... "you guys are the losers, that team hasnt won a dang thing since 1908,
Couldnt believe I got snobbed there, heheh........

I dont know you so I can't get too in-depth here but........

don't get me wrong...i hate the cubs and everyone of those fake, dumb*** fans, but when is enough ---ENOUGH

I just started posting once in a while here but have been a lurker for many years-----and everytime I read a post by you it has something to do with the cubs. You should start up a website or some kind of periodical.

I'm not kidding either

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I just started posting once in a while here but have been a lurker for many years-----and everytime I read a post by you it has something to do with the cubs. You should start up a website or some kind of periodical.

Thats why this is in "whats the score". I keep it away from SOX related discussion. This doesnt explain to me why Mike Ditka loves that other team so much. I wouldve just Tsk'd Tsk'd Iron Mike for his choice of decor, but it was the snobby hostesses that got me riled up.
Oh well, screw him and the their employees who still think theyre better than us.

ode to veeck
03-03-2006, 02:25 PM

They had the WS on, but were talking on their cell phone and missed it

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 02:27 PM

:roflmao:

Hawkeroo1980
03-03-2006, 02:44 PM

one thing you've got to understand is that most cub fans have a limited knowledge of baseball because they are just casual fans of wrigley.

So in essence--- winning the world series doesn't really matter to them..... it only bothers the real cub fans.

so if you think about it, the trixies that were scoffing at you Hanger..... well their opinion should never matter to you anyway because their knowledge is putrid. Thats what i always thought, i feel sorry for losers that live in a great baseball city like chicago but just choose to be wrigley fad jumpers.

spiffie
03-03-2006, 03:12 PM
one thing you've got to understand is that most cub fans have a limited knowledge of baseball because they are just casual fans of wrigley.

So in essence--- winning the world series doesn't really matter to them..... it only bothers the real cub fans.

so if you think about it, the trixies that were scoffing at you Hanger..... well their opinion should never matter to you anyway because their knowledge is putrid. Thats what i always thought, i feel sorry for losers that live in a great baseball city like chicago but just choose to be wrigley fad jumpers.
Now that you put it that way I'm sure this will convince Hangar to begin ignoring the Cubs entirely.

MUsoxfan
03-03-2006, 03:37 PM
This doesnt explain to me why Mike Ditka loves that other team so much.

Ditka knows fans of that team will throw money eagerly at products if there's some Cub memorabilia around. How do you think he stays in business selling those overpriced steaks?:cool:

jdm2662
03-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Thats why this is in "whats the score". I keep it away from SOX related discussion. This doesnt explain to me why Mike Ditka loves that other team so much. I wouldve just Tsk'd Tsk'd Iron Mike for his choice of decor, but it was the snobby hostesses that got me riled up.
Oh well, screw him and the their employees who still think theyre better than us.

Did it ever occur to you the reason might be because he played at Wrigley Field during his Bears playing days? Why this is a shock to you, I have no idea. Then again, I shouldn't be amazed since we are talking about you here. Next thing you are probably going to say is that I shouldn't like him anymore because he's a Cub fan. Stop the presses and tell us something else we don't know.

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 03:44 PM
......... i feel sorry for losers that live in a great baseball city like chicago but just choose to be wrigley fad jumpers.

:roflmao: Wrigley Fad Jumpers .....sounds like the next giveaway at The Urinal

Sat July 1st, first 20,000 fans get Free Pair of the Ultimate Fashion Statement, a pair of Wrigley Fad Jumpers

Fenway
03-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Hangar you may be interested to know that the Pizzeria Uno in Harvard Square has put up an entire wall in honor of the 2005 White Sox.

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Did it ever occur to you the reason might be because he played at Wrigley Field during his Bears playing days?

Hmmmmmmmm

Hawkeroo says Da Coach only displays flub memorabilia because he knows their fans are gullible and will buy overpriced Steak

Jdm2662 says Da Coach only displays flub memorabilia because he played at The Urinal a long time ago.

Im going with Hawkeroos answer, it makes sense now that I look at it that way.

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Hangar you may be interested to know that the Pizzeria Uno in Harvard Square has put up an entire wall in honor of the 2005 White Sox.

Really? now that is definitely interesting. I wonder if someone there has a Chicago tie .......... any chance someone can get pics to post?

mrfourni
03-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Didn't Ditka wear a White Sox Jersey during an NFL pregame show on ESPN during the World Series this year?

jdm2662
03-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Hmmmmmmmm

Hawkeroo says Da Coach only displays flub memorabilia because he knows their fans are gullible and will buy overpriced Steak

Jdm2662 says Da Coach only displays flub memorabilia because he played at The Urinal a long time ago.

Im going with Hawkeroos answer, it makes sense now that I look at it that way.

I have no idea why I'm not shocked to hear this answer. Then again, it's not the first time you've over looked factual information. The last time I checked, Ditka is best known for the Bears, and a good amount of Bears fans think he's God. I'd like to think that's his target audience, but then again, I'm only an MBA student. What do I know?

Fenway
03-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Really? now that is definitely interesting. I wonder if someone there has a Chicago tie .......... any chance someone can get pics to post?

They do call it Chicago Grille :smile:

funny thing is Uno's is a Boston based chain

I'll snap some pics when I get back

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 03:57 PM
The last time I checked, Ditka is best known for the Bears. I'd like to think that's his target audience, but then again, I'm only an MBA student. What do I know?

His target audience therefore are cub fans? I know that baby bears are called cubs, and they eventually grow bigger and become bears. I hope that wasnt his thinking. Id rather believe he knows that fanbase is criminally dumb, and they will flock to his place for $20 cigars.

Im looking away now .......... I dont want to remember him this way :cool:

SOecks
03-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Like it or not, I think it's because Ditka is a pure marketeer. I'm sure that he and management came to the conclusion that all the out of towners that go to eat there (especially the Iowans) will identify with the Cubbies more.

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Like it or not, I think it's because Ditka is a pure marketeer. I'm sure that he and management came to the conclusion that all the out of towners that go to eat there (especially the Iowans) will identify with the Cubbies more.

I think Id rather call Da Coach ................ Da Sellout

JohnBasedowYoda
03-03-2006, 06:16 PM
"you guys are the losers, that team hasnt won a dang thing since 1908,

Sassin' a hostess. Glad you're on our side.

gbergman
03-03-2006, 06:48 PM
my cousin is getting married in mid-june and the next day were having a brunch at ditkas. i will be wearing my white sox championship gear

Dick Allen
03-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Well, all this doesn't really explain why he has almost NO Sox stuff in the restaurant. Certainly SOME Sox fans come in the place. They are the World Champs, right? And the restaurant is located in Chicago, right? But yet all the other teams in town are better represented according to Hangar. I would have flipped those waitresses off, just like Ditka in that one picture.

MadetoOrta
03-03-2006, 10:43 PM
This is why it is our duty to remind them on a regular basis.

Amen to that. Ergo Hangar hanging out in Madetoortas entry in the Naperville St. Patrick's Day Parade. I've alerted only my closest buddies and they're fired up. Think about it ... Hangar on top of a firetruck roling through Naperville acting like Buehrle at the Championship Parade. Bring a camera. The folks in town will not be able to tell the difference from where they're sitting.

soxwon
03-03-2006, 11:31 PM
I dont know you so I can't get too in-depth here but........

don't get me wrong...i hate the cubs and everyone of those fake, dumb*** fans, but when is enough ---ENOUGH

I'm not kidding either

our mission will not end until, chicago is completly
white sox, and there are no cub fans to speak of!!!!

Hitmen77
03-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Don't worry about it.

WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP >>>>>> Stupid memorabilia at some stupid restaurant own buy someone who was a coach 20 years ago.

Typical arrogant Cub fan attitude. That's what makes them so lovable. :rolleyes:

tick53
03-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I had pork chops at his Merrilliville restaurant a long time ago. It's closed now. Mighty Tasty!!!!:smile:

SouthSide_HitMen
03-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Thats why this is in "whats the score". I keep it away from SOX related discussion. This doesnt explain to me why Mike Ditka loves that other team so much

He did play at the urinal and Ditka's is a tourist trap. It is OK to have one or two good natured barbs toward "the other team" but when you are in the service industry, you shouldn't insult your customer.

kittle42
03-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Whoever said the thing about "only the true Cub fans care" is dead-on right. These trixies and frat boys couldn't care less if the White Sox win the next 10 world series. As long as it's "cool" to go to the Urinal, they'll be there.

On the other hand, true Cub fnas are pissed off and Dusty's head will be on a pike by midseason.

WSox8404
03-04-2006, 05:50 PM

Wait, what happened?

WSox8404
03-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Whoever said the thing about "only the true Cub fans care" is dead-on right. These trixies and frat boys couldn't care less if the White Sox win the next 10 world series. As long as it's "cool" to go to the Urinal, they'll be there.

On the other hand, true Cub fnas are pissed off and Dusty's head will be on a pike by midseason.

That was very well put. The ignorant do not care. As long as they can go drink their beer and wear their bikinis to games and laugh all along the way they will never admit to anything. The truth is they don't care. Just shrug it off and drink another beer.

whitesoxwilkes
03-04-2006, 08:05 PM
our mission will not end until, chicago is completly
white sox, and there are no cub fans to speak of!!!!

Then who would guys like you and Hangar obssess over?

beckett21
03-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Then who would guys like you and Hangar obssess over?

All the bandwagon Cub-turned-Sox fans, of course. :redneck

TornLabrum
03-04-2006, 08:13 PM
All the bandwagon Cub-turned-Sox fans, of course. :redneck

I really don't think that needs to be in teal...

beckett21
03-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I really don't think that needs to be in teal...

You're right. I thought the same thing as soon as I hit *submit reply*.

:redneck

I want Mags back
03-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but Ditka did wear a Sox jersey on Sunday NFL countdown this year during the playoffs

Craig Grebeck
03-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh man Hangar, I'm sure you felt like a real badass after telling off that girl because of her loose baseball allegiances. The fact that you felt the need to come home and brag about your pitiful experience shows a lot about you. Give it up, Ditka probably has nothing to do with the memorabilia displayed in his restaurant. Do you think Jordan comes to his restaurant and makes sure that the displayed memorabilia is even? didn't think so. It's a minute detail. Stop obsessing about the Cubs, please.

Save McCuddy's
03-05-2006, 11:30 AM
They do call it Chicago Grille :smile:

funny thing is Uno's is a Boston based chain

I'll snap some pics when I get back

Fen --

Ike Sewell opened Uno's in Chicago in 1943. The original Uno and Due in Chicago have nothing to do with the Uno's franchise based in Boston other than the sale of the naming rights and some Chicago style decor that happens to adorn the chain's outlets.

I happened to eat at one outside of St.Louis and was thorughly embarassed by the product that is being passed off as Uno's Chicago pizza. Please don't confuse what is original Uno's and whatever the MrGatti's Pizza Hut crap that's being sold in the chains.

Sorry -- I take the pizza pretty seriously and had to weigh in.

TornLabrum
03-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Fen --

Ike Sewell opened Uno's in Chicago in 1943. The original Uno and Due in Chicago have nothing to do with the Uno's franchise based in Boston other than the sale of the naming rights and some Chicago style decor that happens to adorn the chain's outlets.

I happened to eat at one outside of St.Louis and was thorughly embarassed by the product that is being passed off as Uno's Chicago pizza. Please don't confuse what is original Uno's and whatever the MrGatti's Pizza Hut crap that's being sold in the chains.

I'm pretty sure that either before or after Ike Sewell died, the people he sold the franchise rights to bought the original Uno and Due.

Save McCuddy's
03-06-2006, 08:00 PM
That may well be so, but they're not serving the same quality of pie in the other locations.

jabrch
03-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Ditka knows fans of that team will throw money eagerly at products if there's some Cub memorabilia around. How do you think he stays in business selling those overpriced steaks?:cool:

Ditka did play football at Wrigley Field. I'm sure a lot of those guys had ties with the team who they shared a stadium with.

34 Inch Stick
03-07-2006, 08:51 AM
What began to disturb me .....

Oh no, you were disturbed well before this incident.

I hope they did not give you a special seasoning on your food.

Hangar18
03-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Give it up, Ditka probably has nothing to do with the memorabilia displayed in his restaurant. It's a minute detail.

It did feel good actually .............

A minute detail? Forgetting entirely ....to put up a certain teams memorabilia isnt a minute detail. I tend to think it was a calculated move.
Da Coach loves that other team, so screw him.
I dont think anyone would be a good owner if you didnt care what was on your walls ......................

AZChiSoxFan
03-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Fen --

Somebody should start a thread on the best pizza in chicago. I don't think we've had that one yet.

voodoochile
03-07-2006, 11:18 AM
It did feel good actually .............

A minute detail? Forgetting entirely ....to put up a certain teams memorabilia isnt a minute detail. I tend to think it was a calculated move.
Da Coach loves that other team, so screw him.
I dont think anyone would be a good owner if you didnt care what was on your walls ......................

Does Ditka actully own the place?

MJ didn't own Jordan's.

Harry Carry didn't own his restaurant.

The names are sold like advertising. Yes, they own a percentage and actually do promo work and get a chunk of the income, but it's not like they are actually making decisions, the main owners/management group do all of that stuff.

It's lot some little hole in the wall bistro where the Chef has the final say and thank goodness. Do you really want to eat Iron Mike's cooking?:tongue:

MUsoxfan
03-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Does Ditka actully own the place?

I bet he has a large piece of the action. The guy is there every day....or at least every time I've been there.

Infallible
03-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh man Hangar, I'm sure you felt like a real badass after telling off that girl because of her loose baseball allegiances. The fact that you felt the need to come home and brag about your pitiful experience shows a lot about you. Give it up, Ditka probably has nothing to do with the memorabilia displayed in his restaurant. Do you think Jordan comes to his restaurant and makes sure that the displayed memorabilia is even? didn't think so. It's a minute detail. Stop obsessing about the Cubs, please.

If they care enough about their name they do. Payton did, so did Jimmie Mac, and even up north Brett Favre did. So whats the excuse for a Chicago based sports restaurant not having a single piece of White Sox merchandise? For Chriyie yie yie we won the damn world series! BTW Grebeck was a scrub.

Save McCuddy's
03-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Somebody should start a thread on the best pizza in chicago. I don't think we've had that one yet.

Lay off the peyote, desert boy. My post had nothing to do with the best pizza in Chicago. Brush up on your understanding of sarcasm before you waste any more teal.

AZChiSoxFan
03-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Lay off the peyote, desert boy. My post had nothing to do with the best pizza in Chicago. Brush up on your understanding of sarcasm before you waste any more teal.

Dude, take it easy already. Life's not that bad. Sit down, breathe easy and try and relax just a bit. :smile:

Save McCuddy's
03-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Dude, take it easy already. Life's not that bad. Sit down, breathe easy and try and relax just a bit. :smile:

word.

jenn2080
03-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Ditka did play football at Wrigley Field. I'm sure a lot of those guys had ties with the team who they shared a stadium with.

Well I wasnt going to comment because this thread is so amusing, but I just had to. I went to Ditkas for my brithday last year and had THE BEST TIME. Not just because of the people I had with me, but because the staff was absolutely wonderful. I also got to meet Ditka which was great. He wished me happy birthday and we danced. I also do not think that the food is over priced. I think for the kind of food and the quality it is a fair price.

Ditkas is one of my fav restaurants in Chicago and I have never had a bad experience every. The staff is awesome esp the bartenders down stairs.

All in all Ditkas is great, yes they should have all Chicago sports stuff up there but whatever I could careless. I love the Sox just as much as anyone else on this board but that does not mean I would stop going to a restaurant because they dont have Sox stuff up. It is crap we know that, but who cares. We have a trophy and they have the worlds largest outdoor frat house. There fans are jerks and so are we everytime we get into a conversation over teams. It is called rivals. So lets start talking about how we cant wait until opening day instead of the Cubs.

We are World Series Champs. Noting else matters.

Hangar18
03-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Well I wasnt going to comment ......... I also got to meet Ditka which was great. He wished me happy birthday and we danced.

Ditkas is one of my fav restaurants in Chicago and I have never had a bad experience every. The staff is awesome esp the bartenders down stairs.

All in all Ditkas is great, yes they should have all Chicago sports stuff up there but whatever I could careless. I love the Sox just as much as anyone else on this board but that does not mean I would stop going to a restaurant because they dont have Sox stuff up...

I wouldnt have let him off the hook so easily, he probably thought you were a cub fan !

voodoochile
03-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I wouldnt have let him off the hook so easily, he probably thought you were a cub fan !

And that's why you'll never get to dance with Iron Mike, Henry...:o:

Hangar18
03-07-2006, 03:38 PM
And that's why you'll never get to dance with Iron Mike, Henry...:o:

Can you imagine? He and I are dancing, and I lean over, whisper into his ear ....."hey coach, cubs ****" heh heh

jenn2080
03-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Sassin' a hostess. Glad you're on our side.

Originally Posted by Hangar18
"you guys are the losers, that team hasnt won a dang thing since 1908,

Im no Cubs fan but shouldnt you support a team you are backing win or lose?

jenn2080
03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Can you imagine? He and I are dancing, and I lean over, whisper into his ear ....."hey coach, cubs ****" heh heh

the staff was probably rude when you personally attack for something they cant control!

Save McCuddy's
03-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I love the Sox just as much as anyone else on this board but that does not mean I would stop going to a restaurant because they dont have Sox stuff up.

You're bigger than me. I used to frequent a Steak House called the Saloon about a block east of Water Tower Place. That is, until they renamed their 12 oz. Filet the "Sammy Sosa". I nearly spit Kettle and soda across the table when I saw it. Needless to say I have not entered the restaurant since.

jenn2080
03-08-2006, 10:58 AM
You're bigger than me. I used to frequent a Steak House called the Saloon about a block east of Water Tower Place. That is, until they renamed their 12 oz. Filet the "Sammy Sosa". I nearly spit Kettle and soda across the table when I saw it. Needless to say I have not entered the restaurant since.

LOL that would make me gag too esp since I loath Sammy. I didnt like him when he was on the Sox and that has not changed. He is cocky and makes me ill, but none the less it aint worth it. I deal with Cubs fans every day seeings that i live up there. Ive got into a few arguements with them but in the end like I said we have a trophy and they have an attendence record. Who cares if they have not won till 1908. We won in 2006. DONE

Hangar18
03-08-2006, 11:37 AM
I love the Sox just as much as anyone else on this board but that does not mean I would stop going to a restaurant because they dont have Sox stuff up..

So you support Ditkas, an organization that is openly in support and sympathetic of the Tribune organization, a Vile and Arrogant organization that over the past 2 decades has done everything possible to slam the SOX, their fans, and anyone associated with the south side of Chicago? Wish I was that Openminded.

voodoochile
03-08-2006, 11:52 AM
So you support Ditkas, an organization that is openly in support and sympathetic of the Tribune organization, a Vile and Arrogant organization that over the past 2 decades has done everything possible to slam the SOX, their fans, and anyone associated with the south side of Chicago? Wish I was that Openminded.

:rolleyes:

Hangar, he is putting stuff on his walls that he thinks will make the place appealing to people who eat there. He isn't supporting the Trib, he is marketing to his audience.

jdm2662
03-08-2006, 11:55 AM

You never cease to amaze me. What next, I can't be a Bears fan because they have a name similar to the Cubs, who also happened to play at Wrigley Field for many years?

kittle42
03-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I don't base my decisions on where to patronize, with whom to be friends, or basically anything on sports allegiances. If I did, I would have few friends and few bars in my neighborhood to frequent. There are many more important qualities to judge people and places on than perceived fandom.

It's like a warped Mentos commercial...somebody steals your wallet, you point him out to a cop, he flashes a Sox hat, and the cop smiles and lets him go. Seems logical to me.

TaylorStSox
03-08-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't base my decisions on where to patronize, with whom to be friends, or basically anything on sports allegiances. If I did, I would have few friends and few bars in my neighborhood to frequent. There are many more important qualities to judge people and places on than perceived fandom.

It's like a warped Mentos commercial...somebody steals your wallet, you point him out to a cop, he flashes a Sox hat, and the cop smiles and lets him go. Seems logical to me.

Agree. I wasn't aware that we joined a gang when we became White Sox fans. :rolleyes:

jenn2080
03-08-2006, 12:53 PM

You may possibly the most bitter Sox fan I have even encountered. I do support Ditkas and I will probably go there for my bday this year too. What do you have to be bitter about? We beat the odds ended up being World Series champs, we have picked up some awesome players during the off season, Opening day is in 25 days and the list can go on and on. Seems like we all should be pretty happy. Stop looking for reasons to be bitter about the Cubs. I feel sorry for you that you waste so much time hating something so much that is irrelivant to our team. Be frikin happy and stop writing about the Cubs. You really need to get over it and move on. Im sure you be ticked if this was a Cubs fan talking about the Sox.

Hangar18
03-08-2006, 01:02 PM
You may possibly the most bitter Sox fan I have even encountered..

Who said I was bitter? I just will not give my money to a company who supports another company that, for the past 2 decades dislikes me/us, our favorite team, and the area I/us live in. You can keep going there, I wont try to stop you ........ I promise :cool:

jdm2662
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
You may possibly the most bitter Sox fan I have even encountered. I do support Ditkas and I will probably go there for my bday this year too. What do you have to be bitter about? We beat the odds ended up being World Series champs, we have picked up some awesome players during the off season, Opening day is in 25 days and the list can go on and on. Seems like we all should be pretty happy. Stop looking for reasons to be bitter about the Cubs. I feel sorry for you that you waste so much time hating something so much that is irrelivant to our team. Be frikin happy and stop writing about the Cubs. You really need to get over it and move on. Im sure you be ticked if this was a Cubs fan talking about the Sox.

You just gave me an idea on what to do for my bday. If I get to meet Da Coach, boy, it sure would make my day...

Hangar18
03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
You just gave me an idea on what to do for my bday. If I get to meet Da Coach, boy, it sure would make my day...

Man would I love to meet him too ...................and I wont be dancing with him either.

chisoxfanatic
03-08-2006, 01:39 PM
:rolleyes:

Hangar, he is putting stuff on his walls that he thinks will make the place appealing to people who eat there. He isn't supporting the Trib, he is marketing to his audience.

You wouldn't miss out the opportunity of designing a World Series collage for your restaurant, would you? It's a lot to get excited about. :smile:

voodoochile
03-08-2006, 01:41 PM
You wouldn't miss out the opportunity of designing a World Series collage for your restaurant, would you? It's a lot to get excited about. :smile:

When I open my next place (whenever that happens) I will definitely have lots of Sox stuff on the walls.

Kwrubac
03-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Don't worry about it.

WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP >>>>>> Stupid memorabilia at some stupid restaurant own buy someone who was a coach 20 years ago.

I would not go walking around the streets of Chicago blasting the Coach...DITKAAAA....POLISH SAUSAGE.....BEARS....

cbone
03-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Try the pot roast nachos and you won't care what's hanging on the walls. They also make a great bloody mary. :gulp:

thepaulbowski
03-10-2006, 04:54 PM

:roflmao:

Tin foil is getting too tight, me thinks.

Taliesinrk
03-11-2006, 05:09 PM
This is awesome.. one of the most humorous/ ridiculous threads I have ever seen. The funny thing about it is I don't know who I side with here. (You guys should argue about it more and try to convince me of one or the other) I understand both points of view, but I think everyone in the thread (including those reprimanding Hangar) are waayyyy over the top... I just thought I'd put my opinion in since everyone else was.

Anyway, speaking of over the top... I'm off to see a speaker at my college now. He's (some guy w/ the last name of Shabazz) the leader of the New Black Panther Party who has called for genocide of the Jews and to kill whites; or in his words "devils". Only after his speech will I be able to determine whether he or a few in this thread are more crazy.

TheKittle
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Hangar dude, you need to relax. When you come to Anaheim, we're going to the best Chicago style pizza place, west of Chicago. They have a huge mural of Chewing Gum Field. Bring your trophy in there and they will paint over that mural.

kevin57
03-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Hangar dude, you need to relax. When you come to Anaheim, we're going to the best Chicago style pizza place, west of Chicago. They have a huge mural of Chewing Gum Field. Bring your trophy in there and they will paint over that mural.

I think a detente meeting between TheKittle and Hangar would be a stitch. Can I buy a ticket and a box of popcorn? :D:

miker
03-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Anyway, speaking of over the top... I'm off to see a speaker at my college now. He's (some guy w/ the last name of Shabazz) the leader of the New Black Panther Party who has called for genocide of the Jews and to kill whites; or in his words "devils". Only after his speech will I be able to determine whether he or a few in this thread are more crazy.

Okay, I'll bite...who's crazier: Shabazz or us?

Taliesinrk
03-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Okay, I'll bite...who's crazier: Shabazz or us?

Unfortunately, I have to admit.. it's most definately Shabazz. An unreal speech. We need to drop this topic though, as I realize we'd soon be into politics.. however, my last comment is to research him online.. quite an interesting read (if you find video clips of him, it's even more interesting).