PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Einhorn on 89.1 this Sunday.

soltrain21
03-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Eddie Einhorn will be appearing on WONC Naperville-Chicago this Sunday at 7 o'clock. We have a sports show called "From the Upper Deck."

If you are in the Chicagoland area just turn the radio to 89.1.
You can also listen online at www.wonc.org.

Just a heads up for those who would be interested.

salty99
03-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Cool. I went to school at NCC. Never had a radio show though.

BainesHOF
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Will it be a phone interview or is he coming to the studio?

esbrechtel
03-02-2006, 05:59 PM
are you doing the interview wes?

soltrain21
03-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Phone interview, and no...I am not, Brechtel. Nice to see you posting here.

BainesHOF
03-02-2006, 08:08 PM
It's about time the Sox get some decent time on "From the Upper Deck." The amount of lame Cubs talk over the years has been an embarrassment for the station, which can be great or awful depending on the people behind the microphones. Current DJs Rose and Shannon, for example, play great music.

The one thing I don't get about 'ONC is that too often it tries to be this little corporate radio station like so many lame stations in Chicago instead of being a cool college station. The faculty advisors, or whatever adults program the station, don't have a clue. The station, by and large, is a giant missed opportunity, and the adults who control it are doing a big disservice to the students who are learning there.

soltrain21
03-02-2006, 08:41 PM
It's about time the Sox get some decent time on "From the Upper Deck." The amount of lame Cubs talk over the years has been an embarrassment for the station, which can be great or awful depending on the people behind the microphones. Current DJs Rose and Shannon, for example, play great music.

The one thing I don't get about 'ONC is that too often it tries to be this little corporate radio station like so many lame stations in Chicago instead of being a cool college station. The faculty advisors, or whatever adults program the station, don't have a clue. The station, by and large, is a giant missed opportunity, and the adults who control it are doing a big disservice to the students who are learning there.

I am actually the music director at the station. We are told to run it as a commercial station, to get us ready for the real world. The closest we get to a legit "college" rock station is the show I host from 3-6 on Sundays called lofidelityradio. We play all the stuff you would hear on normal college radio on a daily basis. We play a lot of stuff commercial stations DON'T play, but I still think there is room for improvement. I like how we do things. It isn't a jumbled mess like most college radio is, but we still have our fair share of problems.

However, what we are told to keep it more corporate so we will attract listeners that normally wouldn't listen to a "college station." In the same sense, we try to branch out more for the kids who are listening to "college rock."

The DJ comment is very legit, and there is really nothing we can do about that. We have a handful of very good DJs, a handful of ones that hold their own....and then the rest.

The "adult" in charge we are very lucky to have. His name is John Madormo and was a former producer at WGN. Really nice guy and does nothing but support us and finds us plenty of oppurtunities for jobs and internships. His connections are crazy. He has also had two movie scripts bought by major motion pictures.

Would I like to see us drop the "classic to the cutting edge" thing? Sure, I would. The type of music I listen to is your typical college indie rock. Can we? Not really. We get people like you (whom I agree with) and then we get people on the total opposite end of the spectrum who hate the fact that it isn't vintage rock 24 hours a day.

Anyways.....back on topic..

Yeah, I did From the Upper Deck quite a few times freshmen year and would talk about nothing BUT the Sox. However, being music director kind of takes you away from the sports department. It also completely jades you of anything you liked about radio to begin with, but that is a different story.

Anyways, this is a pretty big thing for us. So any support would be nice.