PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 3/2/06

Hangar18
03-02-2006, 08:58 AM
The White Sox are venturing into extremely alien and uncharted territory these days since winning the World Series. They are getting lots of coverage in the newspapers, theyve been getting the lead hilites daily on tv, and are getting extra reporters at their camp. Just last year at this time, the Flubbies, who were coming off a 3rd place finish 16 games out of 1st place, were DOMINATING the media coverage by a 2 to 1 margin. In fact, by the time the White Sox received 40 stories, the Cubs had already been off and running heading towards 60 stories themselves and tons more tv coverage ................

This was almost the first day we havnt heard about newest Cub Saviour, Juan Pierre, but Corey McPherrin saved us by doing a piece on him, remarking on just how important he is to the city of chicago, and how he can lead the Cubs to the postseason .................

I like the blurb today on Bernie Mac in the SunTimes.

Amazing just how piss poor the Chicago Media has been the last 2 decades .......

Tribune:
2 cub stories
5 sox stories

SunTimes:
2 cub stories
4 sox stories

Standings as of Thurs March 2nd, 2006

Priviledged, Storied, Media-loved............... Cubs 30
Underdog, Ignored, Historically Maligned.......SOX 43

Hangar18
03-02-2006, 09:02 AM
In the SOX notes section of the Trib today, they mention quietly that the SOX have sold 2.1 Million seats .....already for the 06 season.
Pales to how they set up a separate paragraph (to bring attention to) and blurb on how they sold 600,000 tickets in one day ...........

Hangar18
03-02-2006, 09:03 AM
I wanted to point this out the other day ..............
Tribune mentioned that if the A's start out slow, or cant reach a lucrative agreement with starter Barry Zito, how he would look great in a cub uniform.

onesox
03-02-2006, 09:25 AM
[quote=Hangar18]the Flubbies, who were coming off a 3rd place finish 16 games out of 1st place, were DOMINATING the media coverage by a 2 to 1 margin. In fact, by the time the White Sox received 40 stories, the Cubs had already been off and running heading towards 60 stories themselves and tons more tv coverage ................

2 to 1 margin in stories???? if the sox had 40 stories shouldn't the other guys be over 80 then?

NoNeckEra
03-02-2006, 09:27 AM
I wanted to point this out the other day ..............
Tribune mentioned that if the A's start out slow, or cant reach a lucrative agreement with starter Barry Zito, how he would look great in a cub uniform.
NOBODY looks great in a Cub uniform except little kids.

NoNeckEra
03-02-2006, 09:30 AM
In the SOX notes section of the Trib today, they mention quietly that the SOX have sold 2.1 Million seats .....already for the 06 season.
Pales to how they set up a separate paragraph (to bring attention to) and blurb on how they sold 600,000 tickets in one day ...........
Do you want front page headlines every time the Sox sell another 100,000 tickets? We just won a World Series! We're SUPPOSED to draw.

skottyj242
03-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Do you want front page headlines every time the Sox sell another 100,000 tickets? We just won a World Series! We're SUPPOSED to draw.

Do yourself a favor and stay out of an argument with Hangar you will never win.

Love the newswatch Henry, I was just wondering if all that tinfoil in your office affects the fillings in your teeth.

mjharrison72
03-02-2006, 09:52 AM
NOBODY looks great in a Cub uniform except little kids.
Making a kid wear a Cubs uniform is child abuse in my book.

chisoxfanatic
03-02-2006, 09:55 AM
It looks like somebody will be wearing a tin foil hat on Opening Night! :rolleyes: