PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Mac Fires Away At Cubs...

DrCrawdad
03-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Apparently in FHM magazine Bernie Mac fires away at the Cubs, Cub fans and stands up for Sox fans. IIRC Bernie was quite the Cub fan in '03.

If anyone has the article, perhaps you could post a few of the quotes from Bernie.

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 08:41 AM
http://www.shoes-italy.us/es/images/s/colors-of-california_flip-flop_blau_blue.jpg

ChiSoxGirl
03-02-2006, 09:04 AM
http://www.shoes-italy.us/es/images/s/colors-of-california_flip-flop_blau_blue.jpg

:roflmao: :rolling:

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 09:08 AM
:roflmao: :rolling:

I'm no hero. The opportunity was there and I seized it.

:redneck

ChiSoxGirl
03-02-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm no hero. The opportunity was there and I seized it.

:redneck

I know. Nonetheless, very funny stuff! :D:

Hangar18
03-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Apparently in FHM magazine Bernie Mac fires away at the Cubs, Cub fans and stands up for Sox fans. IIRC Bernie was quite the Cub fan in '03.

If anyone has the article, perhaps you could post a few of the quotes from Bernie.

Id love to read this. I talked to Bernies production assistant, and at their production wrap party, Bernie gave everyone on the set, crew and cast, White Sox momentos as a gift.

palehozenychicty
03-02-2006, 09:23 AM

True indeed.

DrCrawdad
03-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Perhaps this Bernie Mac interview in FHM magazine would give me the excuse of, "I bought it for the articles..."

PatK
03-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Perhaps someone can bring up the tape that Steve Dahl has from 2004 when he was dissing the Sox and their fans and saying he was done with the Sox.

cheeses_h_rice
03-02-2006, 10:13 AM

:?:

Blue sandal?

Talk to the foot?

What?

doublem23
03-02-2006, 10:14 AM

Blue sandal?

Talk to the foot?

What?

Flip flop.

cheeses_h_rice
03-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Flip flop.

Of course.

:redface:

Johnny Mostil
03-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Of course.

Thanks for asking--I couldn't figure it out either!

TommyJohn
03-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Is this the same Bernie who said he went over to the Cubs when they
acquired Sammy Sosa?

The same Bernie Mac who said being a Sox fan was like being with an
ugly woman who gave great sex?

I won't say anything about his being "through" with the Sox. We're all
weak. Well, some of us. Nevertheless, will the real Bernie Mac please
stand up?

Hangar18
03-02-2006, 10:36 AM
heres some of the story ..................

I honestly think Bernie may have realized the error of his ways .......

http://www.suntimes.com/output/quickhits/cst-spt-1hit02.html

santo=dorf
03-02-2006, 11:15 AM
I don't know about Bernie being a Cubs fan back in 2003. The NLCS was on Fox and he had his show getting a ton of advertising at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox demanded the Cubs to shove one of their "stars" into the booth for the 7th inning stretch. His rendition of the stretch wasn't very enthusiastic.

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Of course.

No, you were right the first time. I meant "blue sandal".

:wink:

skobabe8
03-02-2006, 11:54 AM

Same here cheeses! Thanks for asking! :tongue:

skottyj242
03-02-2006, 12:00 PM
If I remember right when he sang the seventh inning stretch he didn't say "root root root for the Cubbies," he said something like "root root root for Chicago?" or something like that. I kind of file this under the who cares, I mean do we really need celebrity fans? The Mayor and Richard Roeper are good enough for me.

Iwritecode
03-02-2006, 12:23 PM
If I remember right when he sang the seventh inning stretch he didn't say "root root root for the Cubbies," he said something like "root root root for Chicago?" or something like that. I kind of file this under the who cares, I mean do we really need celebrity fans? The Mayor and Richard Roeper are good enough for me.

He said root root root for the Champions. Which of course was a "jinx" in the eyes of Cubs fans everywhere.

Forget Steve Bartman. It was Bernie Mac that allowed the Marlins to score 8 runs that inning.

SOXintheBURGH
03-02-2006, 12:28 PM
He said root root root for the Champions. Which of course was a "jinx" in the eyes of Cubs fans everywhere.

Forget Steve Bartman. It was Bernie Mac that allowed the Marlins to score 8 runs that inning.

Yeah, that was in the Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame Steve Bartman show.

"Root, root, root for the cham-pee-ons.." (peons!? :o: :cool: )

Then cut to some douche wearing a Cub jacket saying, "Cub fans are very sensitive, you can't say champions before they win it! Any Cub fan will tell you that!" Most Cub fans tell me Carrie Woods once struck out a lot of guys 9 seasons ago.

Iwritecode
03-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah, that was in the Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame Steve Bartman show.

"Root, root, root for the cham-pee-ons.." (peons!? :o: :cool: )

Then cut to some douche wearing a Cub jacket saying, "Cub fans are very sensitive, you can't say champions before they win it! Any Cub fan will tell you that!" Most Cub fans tell me Carrie Woods once struck out a lot of guys 9 seasons ago.

I remember watching that and thinking that I could come up with a lot more than 5 reasons to not blame Bartman...

Unregistered
03-02-2006, 01:08 PM
**** Bernie Mac. When it was fashionable, he was all about the Cubs and said he was "done" with the Sox. Don't give me that "I'm a Chicago Fan" crap. You already said it: you're a Cubs fan. There's no turning back, douche.

Baby Fisk
03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
**** Bernie Mac. When it was fashionable, he was all about the Cubs and said he was "done" with the Sox. Don't give me that "I'm a Chicago Fan" crap. You already said it: you're a Cubs fan. There's no turning back, douche.
Once a blue sandal, always a blue sandal.

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Once a blue sandal, always a blue sandal.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4000&d=1140219087

"I agree" - Prescot P. Wafflebottom

Unregistered
03-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Once a blue sandal, always a blue sandal.So I guess we could see the sandal is on the other foot now? :dunno:

TDog
03-02-2006, 01:14 PM

Blue sandal?

Talk to the foot?

What?

That was my first reaction. No, my second. My first was, "Who is Bernie Mad?"

Unregistered
03-02-2006, 01:15 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4000&d=1140219087

"I agree" - Prescot P. Wafflebottom
Wow, glad to see the ol' pringles eating waffle midget back...

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow, glad to see the ol' pringles eating waffle midget back...

Did he ever leave?:redneck

That image is fantastic...

ChiSoxLifer
03-02-2006, 01:16 PM

Well, if Bernie really was the jinx then we need to build a statue for him.

SOXintheBURGH
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Did he ever leave?:redneck

That image is fantastic...

Yes, it really is spectacular. I smell a new tattoo.

Erik The Red
03-02-2006, 01:32 PM
http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020322/17750__mac_l.jpg

"I actually rooted for the Sox... before I rooted against them."

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Yes, it really is spectacular. I smell a new tattoo.

Something that grand shouldn't be hidden under such rubbish as clothing. That image should be placed squarely on one's forehead.:redneck

Unregistered
03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Something that grand shouldn't be hidden under such rubbish as clothing. That image should be placed squarely on one's forehead.:redneckI smell a new WSI tag. Maybe :wafflemidget: ? :D:

jdm2662
03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Screw him. Since it's cool to be a Sox fan now since they won, he's going to jump on the bandwagon for publicity reasons. Same reason he lived in the Cubs fame two years. WGN, Cubs, playoffs, hey I need to promote my show!!!

SOXSINCE'70
03-02-2006, 11:56 PM
It took a few seconds,but I got it.:redface:

Realist
03-03-2006, 03:34 PM

Blue sandal?

Talk to the foot?

What?

:roflmao::rolling: ... oh my gawd... I'm in tears. That's the funniest post ever, cheeses!

Hangar18
03-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Screw him. Since it's cool to be a Sox fan now since they won, he's going to jump on the bandwagon for publicity reasons. Same reason he lived in the Cubs fame two years. WGN, Cubs, playoffs, hey I need to promote my show!!!

unfortuneately, Im thinking the same thing ...............
Id love to just flat out ask the guy once and for all ...............
Right after we won it all, his next episode, he took a few moments to Congratulate Kenny, Ozzie and the City of Chicago on the WS win. He was sitting in that familiar chair of his, wearing a Sox hat and Jacket. I thought that was really cool actually