PDA

View Full Version : Full House - 2.1 Million Sold and Counting

anotherDCsoxfan
03-02-2006, 06:42 AM
From the Cubune...

"As of Wednesday morning, the Sox have sold more than 2.1 million tickets for home regular-season games—the fifth highest total in franchise history. "

Sad
03-02-2006, 07:22 AM
I got 64 of that 2.1M... :redneck

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 07:27 AM
I got 64 of that 2.1M... :redneck

Mark me down for 190 (so far). An impressive 0.009% of all tickets sold.:cool:

Hangar18
03-02-2006, 08:05 AM
From the Cubune...

"As of Wednesday morning, the Sox have sold more than 2.1 million tickets for home regular-season games—the fifth highest total in franchise history. "

this is simply AMAZING. A full course dinner of Crow for the Chicago Media please. This is 2.1 Million sold ...........and its only spring training ........
which means that number will rise even more.

34rancher
03-02-2006, 08:21 AM
this is simply AMAZING. A full course dinner of Crow for the Chicago Media please. This is 2.1 Million sold ...........and its only spring training ........
which means that number will rise even more.
Anyone else think 3,000,000 is on the horizon? Should easily be attained.

Hangar18
03-02-2006, 08:23 AM

If we get anywhere near the 2.7 or 2.8 mark, we will be officially Sold Out for the season, thus fulfilling my prediction last month

SOXintheBURGH
03-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Everyone loves a winner.

ewokpelts
03-02-2006, 08:33 AM
From the Cubune...

"As of Wednesday morning, the Sox have sold more than 2.1 million tickets for home regular-season games—the fifth highest total in franchise history. "didnt the sox already announce that...BEFORE INDIVIDUAL TICKETS WENT ON SALE?

Gene

JoeItalia7
03-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Everyone loves a winner.

Yea and thats the problem. O well i got my fair share of games that i can actually attend and afford.

34rancher
03-02-2006, 08:39 AM
If we get anywhere near the 2.7 or 2.8 mark, we will be officially Sold Out for the season, thus fulfilling my prediction last month
Just doing some quick math, 40,615 seats times 81 games means a possibility of 3,289,815 possible seats....

Now if we could just get some more luxury boxes to put people in...or expand the bleachers...

LongLiveFisk
03-02-2006, 08:40 AM
I think we will surpass 3 million...I am still not done buying tickets and I know quite a few people who aren't either. :cool:

mrwag
03-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Isn't the official capacity now like 38-39,000 ?

Iwritecode
03-02-2006, 08:52 AM

That's only about 35,000 a game. I thought they had to be closer to 38,000 to be an "official" sell out.

:?:

Parrothead
03-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Isn't the official capacity now like 38-39,000 ?

U.S. Cellular Field Capacity – 40,615

and for all the attendance people out there.....

Wrigley Field seating capacity: 41,118

batmanZoSo
03-02-2006, 09:13 AM
U.S. Cellular Field Capacity – 40,615

and for all the attendance people out there.....

Wrigley Field seating capacity: 41,118

They did an addition to the bleachers this offseason, right? So they've surpassed us in capacity, wow...

2.1 million sold by early March just goes to show you..put a winner on the field. The fans didn't quite respond in such large numbers for all those previous "waves" of renovations. But you win the World Series and suddenly the Sox are a hot ticket in town. Anyone who said in the past that there aren't enough Sox fans to fill the park is a moron and now they're proven as such. You just need to give them a reason to come out.

anotherDCsoxfan
03-02-2006, 09:13 AM
didnt the sox already announce that...BEFORE INDIVIDUAL TICKETS WENT ON SALE?

Gene

They announced two million. So another 100,000 tickets in the last two weeks.

NoNeckEra
03-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Not so fast on the 3 million Sox fan march.
Even if we sell another 100,000 by opening day, we'd still have to sell an AVERAGE of 10,000 additional tix for each remaining game. The available number of walk up candidates is way down due to increased season tix sales, and a lot of those season tix are winding up on the secondary market.

I think 2.8 is more realistic, and still very admirable. But if we tear it up again on the field and the momentum in fan interest actually increases........

Hangar18
03-02-2006, 09:24 AM
...... Anyone who said in the past that there aren't enough Sox fans to fill the park is a moron and now they're proven as such.

You just need to give them a reason to come out.

.....Someone did say for years and years ......cant remember who said tha....
OH I remember who! The Chicago Media. Despite living in the same town as SOX fans, unlike the Sheep 8miles north, the Media were still clueless enough to not know that SOX fans will not just show up no matter what.

EastCoastSoxFan
03-02-2006, 09:35 AM
I guess threads about ticket sales don't fall under the scope of bannable instant-****house "A"-word threads.
Not that I really care, but I am curious what the distinction is...

samram
03-02-2006, 09:37 AM
I won't be happy unless attendance hits 1 billion this season. I say always have high standards.

batmanZoSo
03-02-2006, 09:38 AM
We have a great track record for walk-ups, too. Part of that was probably due to a lack of people with season tickets, but with the World Series and all, I'd still expect the walk-up rate to be as good if not greater. People from the far reaches of the near-Chicago area--i.e. those within a reasonable driving distance, but beyond the suburbs--in towns like Kankakee, Rockford, etc will be a lot more psyched and willing to make an hour or so trip to the city for a mere three hour event. You know, people will come, Ray...that kind of thing.

Right now I've only committed to one game, but I'll probably be lord of the walk-up now that I work a short train ride from the park and thus don't have to pay for parking. I actually fear that I might be hard pressed to even get tickets an hour before the game at times, even talking two seats way back in the upper deck.

It's going to be weird this year. For one, get ready to wait in lines--a lot. Also, no more putting your feet up or sneaking to the top row of the upper deck to smoke. It'll be a different experience, we'll see a lot of new fans and new kinds of fans. There will be a lot of obnoxious people and you'll hear a lot of dumb questions being asked in the surrounding rows by people who just hopped on the bandwagon. It'll never be quite like the Wrigley experience in that regard, but it's a whole new ballgame at the Cell now. No longer just an intimate haven for true die-hard fans. Even with the dumb people certain to show up, it should be a blast this summer.

mccombe_35
03-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Just doing some quick math, 40,615 seats times 81 games means a possibility of 3,289,815 possible seats....

Now if we could just get some more luxury boxes to put people in...or expand the bleachers...

Even though 40,615 is listed as the capacity the Sox didn't go over 40,000 once during the regular season. They sold out what - 25 or 30 games? Those "sold out" games usually had around 38,000 - 39,500 per.

daveeym
03-02-2006, 09:42 AM
They announced two million. So another 100,000 tickets in the last two weeks. 2 mill or 2.1 mill, either way, they had to sell more then 100k in the presales and public sale. I'd like some direct Sox confirmation rather than the Cubune announcing it before I believe it isn't more.

skottyj242
03-02-2006, 09:46 AM
I account for 104 of those tickets.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-02-2006, 10:16 AM
I won't be happy unless attendance hits 1 billion this season. I say always have high standards.

IMO, Post of the Week right there. :D:

sox1970
03-02-2006, 10:28 AM
It'll probably end up in the 2.8-2.9 range. If they have good weather in April and May, and a contending team in September, they might sniff 3 million. But who cares? Attendance and revenue will be up, so the payroll will reflect that. If they need to go out at the trade deadline and make a move, they'll have the resources.

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 10:29 AM

Bah, not a chance. 2.8 million, tops.

anewman35
03-02-2006, 10:30 AM
We have a great track record for walk-ups, too. Part of that was probably due to a lack of people with season tickets, but with the World Series and all, I'd still expect the walk-up rate to be as good if not greater. People from the far reaches of the near-Chicago area--i.e. those within a reasonable driving distance, but beyond the suburbs--in towns like Kankakee, Rockford, etc will be a lot more psyched and willing to make an hour or so trip to the city for a mere three hour event. You know, people will come, Ray...that kind of thing.

I sort of doubt that. If word spreads that a lot of games are sold out, or tickets are hard to get, I can't see people making trips to the ballpark without having tickets. They might just assume there aren't any, so why bother making the trip?

anewman35
03-02-2006, 10:31 AM
2 mill or 2.1 mill, either way, they had to sell more then 100k in the presales and public sale. I'd like some direct Sox confirmation rather than the Cubune announcing it before I believe it isn't more.

The tribune quote came right from yesterday's game notes.

palehozenychicty
03-02-2006, 10:33 AM

Exactly.

WSox8404
03-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Well don't forget that tickets will start going faster as the games approach. Most people don't think about buying tickets to a game in August lets say until about June or July. I bet there will be another 2 to 3 thousand tickets sold per game as the games approach. That leaves about 650,000 walkups needed to get to 3,000,000. It can be done.

voodoochile
03-02-2006, 10:43 AM
I guess threads about ticket sales don't fall under the scope of bannable instant-****house "A"-word threads.
Not that I really care, but I am curious what the distinction is...

Well, at least from my perspective, the situation has changed.

No one can whine about "disloyal Sox fans" anymore, so it isn't such a hot button topic. Last year and in other years preceding there were a regular group of people who lived to bitch about how bad all of us Sox fans were. Now they can't do that anymore.

The days of having to move these threads seems to be over. Now if someone starts to rant about past years, I will be glad to start moving and banning again.

The exact wording from the stuck thread:

Attendance - no one wants to hear about it. We all go to as many games as time and finances afford. Making broad sweeping generalizations about Sox fan loyalty is trolling. We don't allow trolling.

So if no one starts trolling, the thread can remain here as far as I am concerned. Other mods may feel differently...

Dadawg_77
03-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, at least from my perspective, the situation has changed.

No one can whine about "disloyal Sox fans" anymore, so it isn't such a hot button topic. Last year and in other years preceding there were a regular group of people who lived to bitch about how bad all of us Sox fans were. Now they can't do that anymore.

Now the whinning will do a 180 and be about too many people coming to games.

voodoochile
03-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Bah, not a chance. 2.8 million, tops.

Three things will continue to drive sales:

1) Winning baseball will bring out even more fans to see the team.

2) Ticket scarcity - with only 1M tickets left to begin the season people will be forced to plan in advance to see games. As games become sold out more fans will get told "no" when trying to get games. That will in turn force them to think ahead rather than rely on walking up. That in turn will create more scarcity and further drive the sales. It's an awesome cycle.

3) The flubbies will continue to draw well their tickets will once again be very hard to come by for the casual fan. That means if they want to see baseball at the ballpark they will have to go see the Sox. In addition, tourists will be more likely to say, "Hey, let's go see the Sox, they are world champions".

Time will tell, and of course it will depend on the early season games to drive the final number. If weather is good and the lure of winning baseball is strong, anything is possible.

voodoochile
03-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Now the whinning will do a 180 and be about too many people coming to games.

It's already started and we are ****housing those threads too...:rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Three things will continue to drive sales:

1) Winning baseball will bring out even more fans to see the team.

2) Ticket scarcity - with only 1M tickets left to begin the season people will be forced to plan in advance to see games. As games become sold out more fans will get told "no" when trying to get games. That will in turn force them to think ahead rather than rely on walking up. That in turn will create more scarcity and further drive the sales. It's an awesome cycle.

3) The flubbies will continue to draw well their tickets will once again be very hard to come by for the casual fan. That means if they want to see baseball at the ballpark they will have to go see the Sox. In addition, tourists will be more likely to say, "Hey, let's go see the Sox, they are world champions".

Time will tell, and of course it will depend on the early season games to drive the final number. If weather is good and the lure of winning baseball is strong, anything is possible.

Time will indeed tell but 3 million seems like a pretty lofty goal. A total of that magnitude would mean an average of an extra 8600 fans PER GAME when compared to last year. That is a massive increase. 3 mil averages out to over 37,000 per game. The Sox only exceeded that total 20 times last year and a good chunk of those games were the usual suspects (Opening Day, Cubs and Yankees). Those games will draw big no matter what. So its the other, less popular series that will need to "take up the slack" and push the total over 3 million. I just don't see series like the April weekday one against the Royals being able to pack in enough people to push it over the limit.

No doubt there will be a massive increase in ticket sales. Hell, the Sox are only 200,000 tickets short of last season's entire total and the 2006 season hasn't even started yet! Still, I just see 3 million as a bench mark that won't be reached. 2.8 million allows for a healty increase in sales (20% increase compared to 2005) without setting unrealistic goals.

But hey, like you say, time will tell...:cool:

Iwritecode
03-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Time will indeed tell but 3 million seems like a pretty lofty goal. A total of that magnitude would mean an average of an extra 8600 fans PER GAME when compared to last year. That is a massive increase. 3 mil averages out to over 37,000 per game. The Sox only exceeded that total 20 times last year and a good chunk of those games were the usual suspects (Opening Day, Cubs and Yankees). Those games will draw big no matter what. So its the other, less popular series that will need to "take up the slack" and push the total over 3 million. I just don't see series like the April weekday one against the Royals being able to pack in enough people to push it over the limit.

No doubt there will be a massive increase in ticket sales. Hell, the Sox are only 200,000 tickets short of last season's entire total and the 2006 season hasn't even started yet! Still, I just see 3 million as a bench mark that won't be reached. 2.8 million allows for a healty increase in sales (20% increase compared to 2005) without setting unrealistic goals.

2005 saw just over a 20% increase from 2004, so that's probably a pretty good guess. 3 million would be nice but I just don't see it happening with the capacity at just over 40,000.

ewokpelts
03-02-2006, 11:39 AM

May 6th was unnavailable for sale on 2/17.
Even though it's a saturday night fireworks night, it was still the royals. And games in early may are NOT GURANTEED to be warm or dry.

Gene

Iwritecode
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Even though it's a saturday night fireworks night, it was still the royals. And games in Chicago are NOT GURANTEED to be warm or dry.

Gene

Fixed.

voodoochile
03-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by ewokpelts
Even though it's a saturday night fireworks night, it was still the royals. And games in Chicago are NOT GURANTEED to be warm or dry.

Gene
Fixed.

That's what I tell people who ask what to pack when coming to Chicago.

If it isn't July, pack shorts... and a down coat...

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Even though it's a saturday night fireworks night, it was still the royals. And games in early may are NOT GURANTEED to be warm or dry.

Gene

It has been made re-available and has been for some time. I just did a search for 12 tickets and it found seats. Wasn't it speculated that there was possibly a large group there that day? May 6 seems like an isolated incident.

To put things further in perspective, only 6 teams drew over 3 million last year and only 2 of them had stadiums smaller than the Sox (guess who they were). Those same 6 teams are also the only ones to average over 37k a game. In terms of percentage of park filled, only 4 teams were over 91% (what the Sox percentage would be if they drew 3 million).

The Sox will certainly draw more next season but I don't see them up there with the "big dogs" quite yet. Another WS win and we should be there.:D:

TDog
03-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Yea and thats the problem. O well i got my fair share of games that i can actually attend and afford.

I consider it a problem too. If I make it to Chicago this summer, having not made my plans three months in advance, I wouldn't be able to go to a Sox game this summer unless I go through a ticket broker who will scalp the tickets. That's something I won't do. Many of those sold tickets, of course, are being sold to people who intend to screw the fans who go to games when they can. Because part of being a Cubs fan is getting screwed, Sox are supposed to be excited that the tradition is moving south.

Still, I guess this is good news if you would rather be able to taunt Cubs fans than go to the Cell.

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I consider it a problem too. If I make it to Chicago this summer, having not made my plans three months in advance, I wouldn't be able to go to a Sox game this summer unless I go through a ticket broker who will scalp the tickets. That's something I won't do. Many of those sold tickets, of course, are being sold to people who intend to screw the fans who go to games when they can. Because part of being a Cubs fan is getting screwed, Sox are supposed to be excited that the tradition is moving south.

Be sure to kepe an eye on WSI. Tickets are available throughout the season for face or below.

SOXintheBURGH
03-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm more of a "road game" guy anyway. I like the thrill of being heckled by morons who follow ****e teams.

XplodingScorbord
03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
One of you number-crunchers ougtha have this stat handy: Given that the team 8 miles north will draw even if they blow, and we're cruising along toward the 2.5 million+ mark, does anyone know how well the other two-team markets draw as a whole? Chicago is likely to put 5 million-plus people into basball stadia this year...how does that compare to NY/LA/etc.?

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 12:49 PM
One of you number-crunchers ougtha have this stat handy: Given that the team 8 miles north will draw even if they blow, and we're cruising along toward the 2.5 million+ mark, does anyone know how well the other two-team markets draw as a whole? Chicago is likely to put 5 million-plus people into basball stadia this year...how does that compare to NY/LA/etc.?

Looking at last year's totals:

LA: 7.00 million

NY: 6.87 million

CH: 5.44 million

SF: 5.25 million

Hard to say how it will play out this year. Yankees should be the same but the Mets will probably draw a bit more. The Angels should also stay the same but the off-season moves by the Dodgers will probably drive them up as well. SF are should stay about the same. Chicago should increase this year but still won't come close to NY or LA.

AZChiSoxFan
03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
That's what I tell people who ask what to pack when coming to Chicago.

If it isn't July, pack shorts... and a down coat...

in 2004 I went to Chicago for 2 games in July vs. the Tigers and the weather was unseasonably cool and I almost wished I had brough a coat. The person next to me was wearing a sweatshirt. IN JULY!!

SoLongFrank
03-02-2006, 12:54 PM
The White Sox will take back the seating-capacity lead when they complete the right & left field porch seating. That's supposed to get it near 42,000-43,000. Basically two tiers of seats in those outfields. Reasonable inclines. :D:

WSox8404
03-02-2006, 12:57 PM
The White Sox will take back the seating-capacity lead when they complete the right & left field porch seating. That's supposed to get it near 42,000-43,000. Basically two tiers of seats in those outfields. Reasonable inclines. :D:

Teal? Or just ?

Frank the Tank
03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
White Sox fans work, so I don't think we'll see too many non-weekend day games with > 30,000. 2.75 - 2.8 million would be a good number for the season, but I'm more concerned with Revenue than attendance. Does anyone know how well the skyboxes and suites are selling?

MadetoOrta
03-02-2006, 01:15 PM
This is the price of success and though I haven't gotten my single games yet [and they just be those Tigers and Royals games] I couldn't be more happy for the franchise. Perhaps this will put to rest the attendance BS in this town. Uh,,,,, I doubt it.

ewokpelts
03-02-2006, 01:19 PM
White Sox fans work, so I don't think we'll see too many non-weekend day games with > 30,000. 2.75 - 2.8 million would be a good number for the season, but I'm more concerned with Revenue than attendance. Does anyone know how well the skyboxes and suites are selling?skyboxes ARE suites.....

and yes, they have sold VERY well....from what i hear, there still are a few full season suite packages available that have playoff options....
the club level is SOLD OUT
scout Seats are SOLD out....
stadium club is all but sold out

Gene

SouthSideHitman
03-02-2006, 02:06 PM
The reason why it's almost impossible for the Sox to get to 3 million is because attendance is measured in tickets sold. There are always a bunch of tickets held out on big games by the Sox, players, MLB, for charities, etc. So even if there are 40,000+ people in the park for those games, most likely attendance will be around 38,000. Plus those ticket requests will probably go up, now that the Sox are such a big draw.

Iwritecode
03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
The reason why it's almost impossible for the Sox to get to 3 million is because attendance is measured in tickets sold. There are always a bunch of tickets held out on big games by the Sox, players, MLB, for charities, etc. So even if there are 40,000+ people in the park for those games, most likely attendance will be around 38,000. Plus those ticket requests will probably go up, now that the Sox are such a big draw.

IIRC, the Indians organization had to buy a few of there own tickets to keep their "sold-out" streak intact that they had going in the late 90's.

SoLongFrank
03-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Seriously, no teal. I heard what's next on the list is a RF porch.

Baby Fisk
03-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Is that a recent source? The "porch" idea had been scrapped, IIRC.

batmanZoSo
03-02-2006, 03:19 PM

Are you sure you heard that? Are you sure it wasn't...nothing? :D:

ewokpelts
03-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Seriously, no teal. I heard what's next on the list is a RF porch.and when will the LF porch happen? oh wait...it already did...it's called fundamentals.....

pipe dream buddy...pipe dream....
Gene

Baby Fisk
03-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Lengthy discussion and proposed images of the Porch That's Not A Porch in this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64903&highlight=home+run+porch).

Dolanski
03-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I bet Uncle Jerry regrets getting rid of those upperdeck seats now...

ewokpelts
03-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I bet Uncle Jerry regrets getting rid of those upperdeck seats now...i know the sales staff does
Gene

Realist
03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
That place is gonna be a madhouse all season long. :smile:

Beer Can Chicken
03-02-2006, 05:51 PM

IIRC, the Yanks set an attendance record last year. 4 million.

itsnotrequired
03-02-2006, 05:59 PM

That was just a team record. The overall record belongs to...the Colorado Rockies. They played in Mile High stadium in 1993 and drew over 4.4 million.

Trav
03-02-2006, 06:27 PM
White Sox fans work, so I don't think we'll see too many non-weekend day games with > 30,000. 2.75 - 2.8 million would be a good number for the season, but I'm more concerned with Revenue than attendance. Does anyone know how well the skyboxes and suites are selling?

Jerry, is that you?

TheOldRoman
03-02-2006, 07:04 PM
As people mentioned, our sales the last several years were driven by walk-ups because the ST base wasn't that big. I imagine walk-ups being WAY down this year. More and more games will sell out as the season goes on.
People who would have said "hey, we have nothing to do tonight, let's go to the Sox game" in previous years will think twice because of the possibility that all the tickets will get gobbled up by the time they get there. If I heard that 30,000 tickets were sold for a game, I would consider walking-up. However, if there are 35,000 tickets sold, I would never go walk-up and pay for parking because of the possibility that those extra 3-4 k tickets will go to someone else before I get there.
Despite that, I think there is an off chance that the Sox could get to 3million. It all depends on whether they are able to draw 25k or 30k for April games against the Royals. Come July when the Sox are steamrolling the AL again, tickets will become even scarcer. I wouldn't be at all shocked if the rest of the season is sold out by August 1st.

SoLongFrank
03-04-2006, 02:09 PM
You have to admit it was on the table enough for HKS to build a model for it.

The biggest problem is what to do with the scoreboard data. The park is one of the best in the majors for seeing that stuff & it does add greatly to the experience of attending a game. Do you somehow squeeze it all together & build a little higher along LF & CF to fit it all in?

If they do build the RF porch (doubling the RF seating capacity) then that would likely be it. I can't see them building a LF porch. The scoreboard data means too much to the fan to junk it or dump it somewhere hard to see.

soxinem1
03-04-2006, 02:14 PM

The Mets drew over 2.8 million, so nearly 7 million went to NY games last year. No way we beat that, unless we do a heay bleacher expansion ourselves and put back the nosebleeds. But 6 million looks like a real possibility.

greenpeach
03-04-2006, 04:33 PM

I thought Jerry said they scrapped the idea because they ran out of US Cellular money.

The Critic
03-04-2006, 04:44 PM
I thought Jerry said they scrapped the idea because they ran out of US Cellular money.

I thought I heard that too.
I think the green seats are the end of the facelift.

Beer Can Chicken
03-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I think the green seats are the end of the facelift.

My bet is the Fundamentals deck turns into seating at some point.

IggyD
03-04-2006, 04:52 PM
I hope they do build that RF porch deck...I think it looks awesome

TheOldRoman
03-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I think the green seats are the end of the facelift. Not necessarily, but it is probably the last major change. They will still likely paint this or that, put bricks over the exposed concrete in the bullpens, and so forth.
Rumors bounced around WSI about a new grand entrance in the LF corner which lead to a hall of fame and gift shop. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox do that in the next couple of years, and here are the reasons.
They removed the hall of fame section of the main giftshop to open it up this offseason
They need to put a hall of fame somewhere
They need one or two more giftstops at the park. The bathrooms are becoming a problem, so they might have to replace the souvenir stands on the concourse with concessions, and replace a few of the old concession stands with bathrooms.
An insepctor of the ISFA said that the ramps were not the best possible design, and will need to be replaced in the next 10-15 years (That wouldn't push for an urgent change, but it should be considered)
The park doesn't have a main entrace or, more importantly, a defining feature on the outside (such as the red sign at the Urinal, the main entrance at Fenway, the rotunda at Ebbets, the main entrance at Comiskey, etc.)
Sold out games = sold our parking spaces = people taking the Red Line. There will be more people than ever coming from the east, and the ramps in the LF corner are almost never open before games. They would have to either walk all the way around home plate or cross the street and enter the ramps at thirdbase.
MOST IMPORTANTLY - The powers that be have finally decided to put a Metra stop on 35th (though it will probably take five years). This will mean many fans from the south suburbs will take the train in, and walk from the stop. See #6.However, there is no real need for the so called HR porch. It would cost lots and lots of money to build, and it would take along time to pay for itself.

WSox8404
03-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Going with the attendance thing, and I know this is a little off the topic, but how lets say there was a way to seat an unlimited amount of people for Sox games.....how many people would be there to see a Sox Cubs game, a Sox Red Sox game, or a Sox Yankees game. I would probably say at least 250,000 for a Sox Cubs game with ease. Just wondering what people think about that.

itsnotrequired
03-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Going with the attendance thing, and I know this is a little off the topic, but how lets say there was a way to seat an unlimited amount of people for Sox games.....how many people would be there to see a Sox Cubs game, a Sox Red Sox game, or a Sox Yankees game. I would probably say at least 250,000 for a Sox Cubs game with ease. Just wondering what people think about that.

What is this, ancient Greece?:tongue:

100,000, tops. Traffic, sightlines, etc. for spectators beyond that total would be insane.

WSox8404
03-04-2006, 06:22 PM
What is this, ancient Greece?:tongue:

100,000, tops. Traffic, sightlines, etc. for spectators beyond that total would be insane.

HaHa.....I didn't think about the crappy seat thing. But what if they were all good seats....I still stand by my 250,000...lol.